Bob Barker Is leaving The Price is Right...:-(

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RD Audio

Post Number: 7360
Im watching his last show right now. He is giveing away some serious prizes. Its actually pretty interesting to watch. I will miss that man.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5108
bob barker FTW

always loved that show...its an unwritten law that if your sick and miss work/school, you HAD to watch price is right...

have they decided whos taking it over?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6601
Upload

Sorry. I just never had an opportunity to use that pic.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1143
lol. yanks is right... i love that show, gonna miss him

Gold Member

Post Number: 6607
He's way overdue. He has alot to look back on.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1361
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11518
wtf i thought he was probably gonna stay on til he dies since he's been on so damn long

but good of him to not think of the $ & retire his old azz & enjoy his latter yrs .....

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9564
Bob Barker, the game show's long-running host, would soon be gone. (He's retiring soon. He'll tape his last show in June, although CBS hasn't announced the air date of his final daytime show.)

I don't believe U are watching his last show...in fact my son has tickets for his show next week..

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1365
When Bob Barker took over "The Price is Right" in 1972, The U.S. was negotiating with North Vietnam for a cease-fire. Nixon was about to defeat George McGovern for a second term in the White House, even while under the cloud of the growing Watergate scandal. Mark Spitz had just won seven Olympic gold medals in swimming. ATARI was launched. David Bowie unleashed "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars."

I have to stop for a moment to digest the vision of Bob Barker and David Bowie (in high androgyny) side by side.

In other words, the dude is ooooold. His hair was white before Anderson Cooper had any. The Cadillac DeVille he might have given away would have cost $6,168.

So how did the avuncular Barker last 50 years on CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS)? By tapping into two wellsprings flowing through American society -- our obsessive need to have more stuff, and our hope that someone would magically give us the stuff we wanted. Before the government took on the role of sugar daddy, we looked to television for such beneficence.

While greed was the subtext, the show never made us feel stupid. Bob didn't care if we knew the capital of Paraguay, as long as we had a notion what a walnut dinner set from the good people at Thomasville cost. He also never treated his contestants as idiots, although many were. His bulletproof alabaster smile was something viewers could count on, year after year.

Barker and his show seem like relics of another age, the age of limitless abundance. But damn, he made consumerism fun. I hope, behind the curtain labeled "retirement," Barker finds the treasure of his dreams.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1390
Upload

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1575
­
This is why Bob Barker is important:

quote:

Bob Barker's work on behalf of animals has garnered him a long list of awards from prestigious humane organizations across the country. In fact, a columnist wrote that Barker has become a part-time television host and a full-time animal rights activist. But Bob Barker assures us that there is room in his busy life for both television and animals.

http://www.derok.net/derok/bobbarker.html

http://www.law.columbia.edu/media_inquiries/news_events/2004/nov/bobbarker_gift
­

Gold Member

Post Number: 9570
Save the squirrel....lol....and don't eat meat...yeah, right!

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1577
­
In your next life you will be a squirrel....
or is that a done deal already?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9574
Bleeding heart animal activist's, save the whale, save the rat, etc...are no different than the Falwell's in this country...all fruitcakes with political agenda's...especially people who believe in reincarnation as an animal..

maybe I'll come back as a dog and go around and piss on all those fruitcakes..

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7316
Goos post, Brad. Well spoken.

Bob knockec up Janice when he was 70.

Bob be da man!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7317
beer in post, sorry.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6615
^^For what?

At least he has the opportunity to leave with some dignity. Just why did D1ck Clark continue hosting Rockin' eve after his ordeal is beyond me. Bow out when it's graceful, IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9581
yeah, like Roger Clemens....lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5114
^^roger got his feet wet tonite in his first minor league start this year....did decently

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., Always remem... USA

Post Number: 2922
YANKS!!! You bumpin yet?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5116
no dammit lol

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1719
man im gonna miss his old azz lol btw yanks thats a law in illinois, u have to watch the price is right if u miss school or else its a truancy and a $75 fine.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9984
Bob Barker > walking dead

Gold Member

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 7653
LOL Justin that applies here in Indiana too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6896
Don't forget Springer.

When I was young it was Hollywood squares, match game, Joker's wild, The Newlywed game, Let's make a deal, Press your luck, Family feud (Richard Dawson version), The Gong show, and both $10 and $20,000 pyramid. I kept thinking my Mother was going bananas watching all her daytime soaps.

I refuse to list them.

Gold Member

Team RevolutionImortal Box ...

Post Number: 7680
Lmao springer is a fu*king riot. But isnt all an act?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6913
God you know it is. Why would anyone go on stage knowing they slept with a wh0re???

This is a clip from the Maury Povich show that HAS to be a setup. How can anyone be this dumb???

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/282

Then again.......

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1601
­
Watching Springer reminds me why the gene pool needs a lifeguard.

To think that Springer was once the mayor of Cincinnati.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9685
There is no way that Springer's guests and show is an act...those people are really that STUPID...we all must know a couple of stupid low life people that are retarded like the ones on the show (maybe not friends but have met retards like them)...those people would have to be the greatest actors in the world for that to be an act...no, I believe that those are really honest to goodness REAL DUMB people who like the free trip for the show's filming and honestly believe that Jerry's show will solve their issues..I know wrestling is a hoax and act, but Springer guests are real MORONS!...lmao!

hell, ever since I moved from Massachusetts to Florida, I see them type people everywhere...I love Florida, but there are many derelicts running loose down here ..and if U ever traveled thru Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana, they're everywhere...obviously NOT all from those states are morons but, they have a huge market on that type..lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us