Blue Angels

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9239
some real nice aerial pics of the team...

http://www.bentbay.dk/blue_angels.htm

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6108
I read about the pilot who died. Sad stuff. I've been watching them for years.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/21/blueangels.crash/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Gold Member

Post Number: 9245
That pilot is from my old neck of the woods, where my grown sons still live...Western Mass...small town Pittsfield and the Berkshires (mountains)to be exact is where the pilot called home, and folks lived......Every summer I go to my Northern homes at the Cape, Martha's Vineyard, and the Berkshires...

I've seen the Angels many times, along with the Italian, German teams , along with the Canadian snowbirds..and I was assigned (Logistics officer) to Nellis AFB Nev and the Thunderbirds for 4 years....I've worked hundreds of air shows... Italians are azzholes..Snowbirds are most personable and friendly..Angels and Tbirds are the best!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1043
Wow I didn't hear about that. I think #6 is the one that breaks away and flies really low right over my house every year. We go outside and watch them fly over every single year, sometimes twice a year. Sad stuff...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13901
So LK, you a log dog, huh?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9257
were U too once?..yeah I was back then...every day and show was a new adventure...our requirements were constant but working with host sites and bases was always a new experience, and interesting...met alot of good people....after that "special asignment",I moved on to new places and positions..and retired in 99...now a parrothead in Florida with Massachusetts roots....life is good!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13904
Nope, I'm not a log dog, but I have a lot of friends in that AFSC, they're the ones who provide us with anything we need, can't help but be tight with them...but I'm still AD.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9260
where at?... I did 30 years, retired LC..and been to most every base in US and many elsewhere..and whats your AFSC?..or job position and rank...I started as a recon photog in Nam in 70, then flight loadmaster E5, then went back to school and finished, then got commissioned,,flew A10's, C123's, C130's, C5's...was SPTG/CC and OG/CC at base levels, and last position was AW/CCV...I still have many friends active who are wing commanders and BG's...best kind are prior enlisted who understand what and who really makes it all work..

my 28 yr old son is in AF...E7 (Msgt) in Weapons on A10's...we're both slugs and like to party, but work hard too, when needed...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13907
That's nice LK.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3751
hey lk what town where you from in MA

im from wilmington if u know where that is its like town over from lowell

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4183
iv seen them a few times, neat stuff. actually i think they are going to be at the air and see show this weekend so i might see them

Gold Member

Post Number: 9263
I would think that their airshows are now cancelled..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4200
good point, i didnt notice the date on that article
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us