Torn ACL

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 441
Anyone ever torn their ACL before? i got rocked last night playing a game of soccer.. i'm about 5'8 and a 6'3 beast of pure muscle came down on the back/side of my leg.. and lets just say i seriously don't think i've ever been in more pain in my entire life (and i've had broken bones and 2nd degree burns before.. lol) and i was just wondering what it felt like when you tore ur ACL.. my knee feels like there is like nothing in it, and every time i try to stand up it feels like its gonna give out. not to mention all up the outside of my thigh is just in extreme pain all the time.. but i heard usually when you tear your ACL you get hit in the front of your knee? i dunno.. anyway i'm goin for x-rays tomorrow morning at 9, but i thought i'd see if i could get a prognosis before i went.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4767
that sucks dude...ive never torn my ACL but i heard it sweels up a lot when it happens...

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1204
when I tore mine I heard a loud pop right when it happened and there was almost immediate swelling. and yeah, that feeling you have sounds like mine. when I stood up my knee felt like it was jello and it felt like it was going to give (and still does after surgery, just not nearly as bad as it was). with those symptoms, sound like its very possible. good luck man.

I had arthroscopic surgery to help and it did but anytime I play a sport or move around, I have to wear a knee brace. Not only did I screw up the ACL I had Osgood-Schlatter Disease, patella femoral disorder and discoid menicus so knee pain is constant for me. anyway, good luck tomorrow.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6889
Yup. The 'pop' is the most disconcerting part.
The MCL sounds limilar, but hurts less.
Tearing the Medial meniscus can be painful on it's own, when the flap folds over, it brought me to tears.
4 surgeries on the left, 2 on the right. ACL reconnected, cartiledge removed. MCL never fixed, I gave up!

Therapists are a cruel and unusual breed of human. I brought her an apple, and she made me cry. Twice!

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1207
oh, therapy.... I still go and its not fun. Except for the utrasounds I get. They feel so good... almost make it worth the workout before it. haha

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2037
I've torn my PCL, and it was the weirdest feeling ever... Didn't hurt at the time, but the next day it was bad, haha.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 442
Bad news guys.. I have completley torn ACL. just what i wanted.. i practically live for sports and now i can't work either (I move furniture here on campus). hopfully I will be able to work by summer. I work as a mechanic in a local garage.. I don't think it will affect that too bad? but I will have to have surgery.. and all sorts of PT and sh*it. This blows

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8916
bummer...the surgery is cake...the healing process and rehab is long and hard... its a combo of hard work and rest...mentally U will always remember this injury, which will make u a smarter player...more cautious but smarter!

I tore my ACL ( baseball) and the "pop" is a dead give away...then I tore the medial meniscus (basketball) 3 years later and 6 years later ( baseball again, pulling a double play)...and that was 20 year ago, and they were never the same...I still play sports, run , jog etc, but wear knee wraps and ocassionally will "aggravate" them and swell up for a few weeks and go get some cortisone shots...now that I'm in my early 50's, the arthritis from those injuries kick in too...so whenever u get injured, check it out, and do the therapy, but stay active but U will learn to play smarter and take some short cuts in your methods and ways..

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5719
D@mn man. You never know how much you use something until you can't. I had an accident involving 3 ten speeds and a guardrail. Playing football in the school's playground. Went too deep for a pass and almost ran into the ten speeds, jumped and cleared them all, but landed on the metal guardrail. I needed 13 stiches in my arm and suffered severe impact injury to my abdomin. You don't realize how much you use your abdominal muscles until you can't. I feel for ya man. It will pass though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6933
The 'pop' in case noone else can imagine it, is like a taught guitar sting breaking, sending reverberations through the ssembly, that is audible to everyone around.

'Ceptin' this one comes from within your own body, and is quite audible.

Comfy, huh?

It feels even worse when you hear your own.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6934
If you think that is uncomfortable, I have 2 other stories to tell, neither for the squeemish.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5762
I'm not squeemish, I'm Dutch-Irish and part Italian. Do tell.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6942
Worst pain yet, a distended teste. It wraps around the cord and strangles. happened when I was 14.
Crawled to the phone, my Mom came to get me to help. Literally rolled me to the car, into the hospital, and they knew right away.
Straight to surgery.

After a few days came the time to remove the cathiter.
it was stuck up into the Nether regions somewhere, I didn't know.
Fully awake, the doc and 2 nurses came in to do the deed. After a short discourse, the nurses held me down and the doc clamped the forsips on the tube and drew it out from my bag.

I don't know how far it was in there, but it snaked

slithered

squirmed it's way from it seemed like the back of my neck, through my body, all exiting my scrotum.
It wrapped around the nuts and slithered out of there with a sound, a sucking, slarping sound as I tried to recover the feeling in my internals.

I threw up, of course, and almost am doing it again now.

The nurses had me down tight.

Gulp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5800
At 14??!!Upload

You win.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6945
I sure didn't feel like a winner then.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8989
nice doo..is that a "nappy" headed person?...LMAO...Don Imus got screwed by Sharpton and Jackson ( 2 biggest bigo*ts in the USA) again , for nothing!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us