Best place to shoot someone but not kill'em?

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 504
might seem like an odd question to ask, but really... just for saftey. lets say someone comes into your house thats "un-invited" and might pose as a threat to you or your family. i don't know about the rest of you but thats not something im comfurtable over looking. anyway if such a case were to happen where would be the safest place to shoot someone(and what gun would be best) but not kill them just stop them or something. i wouldn't want to go to jail for it you know? that wouldn't do me no good. I'd imagine legs,arms,and anything above the shoulders would kill them due to arteries and such. heart would obviously kill them, talk to this to a guy at my work and said the foot or the pelvic bone. but i don't know where the main arteries that run through you leg end or where they travel so its really hard to say what would be the safest. also heard from the guy at the gun shop that he would rather be shot by a .45 mag than a .22 cuase .22's bounce around becuase they won't exit so it supposibly causes more damage. any thoughts or knowledge about this??

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1864
first of, why not kill them? If they are in your house and pose a threat, they deserve to die. But if you must shoot to wound, I would say kneecaps if possible, wont kill them, and they won't be going anywhere. As far as the .22 bouncing, I think thats only in the skull, there's meat everywhere else that will stop the bullet. in the skull a 22 would go in then maybe bounce around because it wouldn't have enough power to get out.
BTW if anyone breaks into my house, and I shoot them, they're gonna die. I can't take a chance on whether they actually had a weapon or not. I might go to jail at that moment for shooting the guy, but when I went to court I would use the defense that I wasn't sure that he DIDN'T have a weapon and was in fear of my life...I think I could get off. Thats not murder, its self defense.
If I do know for sure that he doesnt have a weapon, he's in bad shape anyway, cause I took 3 years of martial arts, including stick and knife fighting, hand to hand combat, self defense, tae kwon do, jujutsu, and Jeet Kune do. I've had to use it once on a crazy ex-gf. who came after me with a frying pan and a knife, all I did was disarm her both times then after taking the weapons away, I told her to get out of my apt.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5934
In the library, Col. Mustard.

Don't do the candlestick thing...never works.

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 818
forget the gun, get a dog or two...pit bull, rottweiler, doberman, german shepard, great dane, bull mastif, english mastif, american bulldog, akita...all great chioces...i got 2 pits and we have had 1 attempted break-in, the attempt was very unsuccesful.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9144
Well if you really want to shoot not to kill the best places to shoot for would be the knee and shoulder but both come with risks. You have your femoral artery which runs down your leg which is punctured or severed you have about 10 minutes at best before you are history. in your shoulder depending on your aim you have your heart and lungs, your coratid artery in the neck, and your brachial artery in your upper arm which again if hit can cause death do to blood loss. A 22 is so dangerous because it is moving at such a high vilocity, and such a small grain that it doesnt have the power to break through bone therefor it bounces around in your body like a pinball machine. A larger caliber bullet such as a 9mm will actually go in and out(through and through) is what we say in the medical field. The nice thing about a larger caliber bullet is that the friction it causes when going in and out a lot of the time will burn the skin shut on the way in and out therefor helping to reduce bleeding(hoping there is no internal bleeding) In reality there is no place safe to shoot someone. If someone breaks into my home and my family is at risk, I dont care wether he is armed or not, I will not let him live around to find out. Shoot first check later! Would I try to hit the shoulder? maybe but I cant guarentee it. I dont go anywhere now days without my good friend mr 380 or 9mm. You never know!

Gold Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 1051
if someone comes into ur house and u kill them ur going to jail for a long time. Its not self defense if the other person doesnt have a gone. So shooting to slow him down would be a lot better then shooting to kill lol.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3763
Did you guys hear about the burglar who fell through a skylight and sued the homeowner? They're out there. Theives are nothing more than cowards with a cash flow problem. I have two small children so I can't take the risk of owning a firearm right now, but I would think any creatin who takes the chance of getting fubar at my expense should be forced to pay his dues. I'm thankful I live in a good neighborhood so I have never dealt with a loss. Most theives aren't the brightest of ppl, but he'd be smarter to break in when I'm at work though.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3638
from dave chappelle

"notice how he shoots him below the knee, that way its not attempted murder." lol

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3272

quote:

if someone comes into ur house and u kill them ur going to jail for a long time. Its not self defense if the other person doesnt have a gone. So shooting to slow him down would be a lot better then shooting to kill lol.

im not sure if its just my state or not but we have a new law as of a year or two ago that is someone is trespassing and if you feel a threat you have the right to shoot them and you wont go to jail, of corse you cant shoot him like 5 times in the head or anything it has to be in defence.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13025
You cannot be that precise in a stressful situation. Specially without proper training and enough exposure.

Always go for center mass!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5942
12g, pistol grip, 5 round pump, with slugs in 3 and 4.
Through the drywall, in a defensive position, family behind me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1877
damn nuck....but how do you know that there will be a chance for all your family to be behind you?

also
quote:

what are you gonna do? wait for them to shoot first to make sure that they do have a gun? I'm sorry but I wouldn't take the chance that he might or might not have one, I'm going to assume that he does and take action accordingly. Like I said, its still self defense, plus he was intent on robbing me and may have had the intent to do harm to me or my family. I still think I would be found NOT GUILTY in most places

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1267
if u shoot below the waist it is not attempted murder, and can b proved as self defense if they pose a threat to u, even if they dont hav a gun. However, if u shoot em above the waist and they are unarmed u can b charged w/ attempted murder or murder if they die.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1881
maybe so, but i think its BS. If they're in my house, stealing my stuff, and may do harm to my family...they're gonna be dead. Even if you shoot below the waist,suppose they have a gun, there is a small possibility that they may still be able to hold on to and use that gun against you, I would rather not take that chance. Just like in a fight, if I'm fighting someone I'm not going to stop until he is either immobile or unconcious...where he is no threat to me any more, and if he has a weapon, I might just have to kill him.

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 , VR1000D 15= overcomp...

Post Number: 1712
if someone breaks into your house and its dark by law you have the right to shoot them! i have a concealed handgun license and have been required to take multiple firearm classes.if it is not dark and they have anything that could be used as a weapon you can shoot them. if they dont have any sort of weapon and its not dark then you have to pull the gun but not fire it, if they continue to pursue you then you may fire a non-lethal shot.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1270
^^^sounds right to me. but most laws like that vary from place to place. Richards makes good sense tho. Richard, how hard was it to get that concealed weapons license?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1714
not hard at alli got a discount too cus im in the army. but it was like a 10 hour class and then you must qualify at a range and pass the range and the written test. if you do it make sure you take a semi-auto pistol and not a revolver when you go to the range cus if u qulaify with a semi than you can carry any wepon you ever want but if you qualify with a revolver you can only carry revolvers. i think it normally cost (without discount) 210.00. and it takes about 2 months after you mail everything in before it comes back. you can never of gotten a felony and you cant have a class B misdemenour within the last 5 years. legal residence. no dui's. any other questions hit me up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1716
bump

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9148
Yeah Richard is right, Cav's that isnt even a New york law. my brother is a New york cop and he said pretty much exactly what Richard said. As a matter of fact if you don't kill them thay can sue you for damages and injury. how F'ed up is that! I am with berny aim for the middle of the body and sqeeze it. being a fireman I have many friends that are cops and I brought this topoic up at a meeting today and they all said you dont stick around to find out if he has a gun or a weapon you shoot first and check later. This is only if the gun you have is legal also lol.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1239
In the privates (or neck) .

Just get a giant 2million volt 10amp taser and use "self-defense" to take them out for a *little* while.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9149
in the neck if you clip the coratid artery you are dead in minutes! same way with the genital's, like Berny said your a tad shaky in that situation and ifc you miss a little and clip the femoral artery its goodnight within minutes also.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1721
james ur a fireman? i went to the 1st part of fire school before i joined the army. in florida you have a part one and two i took part 1 and i took 1st responder and evoc. i then decided to join the army but now im getting out and im thinking about going through it again and becoming a fire fighter.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1243
Lol James (joking?).

Don't get drunk...

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2935
i say if some1 breaks in my house their gonna die, if i get my way. don't just "wound" them my dad knows a guy (i have met him), that some1 broke into his house and was robbing him, well the guy shot him in the leg to "disable" him, well after the cops got their and they guy severed his communitty service, the robber sued the guy for his injury and he said he could never work again, well the robber won, now the guy lives in his car.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9150
yeah Richard I have heard that FL does it that way. I almost moved there a ways back so I looked into tranfering jobs but I decidsed to stay up north. You should have no trouble getting hired with your military background. It accounts for 5 points on your test which is huge. Good luck man:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1737
thanx man

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9154
anytime bro
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums