Hey Berny or paul

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9129
I picked up a old school A/D/S SW5 Home theater powered sub. I got it for free and would like to know the value of it. I know old A/D/S was the best stuff they ever made, but I was more into the old car audio not the HT stuff back then. I also got a canon powershot s40 in a waterproof case and a canon elura digital video camcorder if you can comment on these aswell:-) thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3711
James I wish I could go either way but I don't know anything about that sub. But you got it free so what do you have to lose? R u selling it? Just curious, what size is it?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9131
its a 10. From what I hear it will play a 20hz tone with authority:-) I havnt tried to hook it up yet I plugged it in and it powers up great so all I need to do it give it a signal. It has a built in plate amp with adjustable gains and x-over. Retail back in the day was $1200 on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3714
Wow man. That kinda $$ for a 10" should mean great build quality. I'm jealous.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9133
its a 12 sorry.
* SW500 (fine cabinetry) & MS4/u (simplified cabinet) image, 36.9k
Continuously variable low-pass crossover frequency, speaker level or preamp level input, adjustable preamp level high-pass crossover output, phase control. 12" Cast frame magnetically shielded subwoofer with a 250 watt power amplifier. Adjustable 40-170Hz 24dB per Octave Linkwitz-Riley Crossover.
o Powered subwoofer with one12" woofer
o Cabinet Design: bandpass enclosure, MDF
o Frequency Response: 17-100Hz
o Crossover Design: variable electronic low-pass
o 250 watt amplifier
o SW500 Black oak or Cherry veneer finish
o SW500 Dimensions (H x W x D): 22.5" x 20" x 20"

17 HZ :-):-):-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3718
17HZ means....deeeeeeeep!Upload

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9136
yup way below human hearing:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3719
I'll be behind my bar with the stereo on, the radio station goes to commercial. The wall I have my shot glasses on suddenly vibrates, and I don't "hear" anything. Priceless!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13005
Sorry James I haven't encountered an A/D/S sub :-(

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9137
what about the camcorder Berny?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13014
I thought we covered that?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9140
its a new one

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13017
The S40 is kinda old and I doubt you will be able to sell that for anymore than $25.00. Brand new in 1991, they were going for about 700-1000, if I remember correctly. Really top notch stuff at 4 MP, if you can believe that! But it became obsolte really fast. Too slow to respond but good enough during its time.

The Canon Eluras are always good, but which model are we talking about here? Those are always nice, butit dpeends on how easy it is to adapt to today's technology. Everybody seems to want the capability to transfer footage to a PC. About $100-$200 depending on age. Less without digital output.

A lto of people are dithcing older digital equipment and some try to pass it along as vintage stuff...not yet the time for any digital vintage. analog vintage is different and only worth something to a collector...but not very many of those.

Now if you can find older Nikons, Canons, Hasselblads, Mamiyas, Leicas that are manual and film...you may have something.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9146
what about old polaroids, I got one with a weird antenna attached to it, I think it is for remote charging or something like that. The Elura I have has digital output. I was doing a job and this person was getting rid of all this stuff for no reason. People around here have way to much money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us