Anyone know bout computers?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1643
My computer was unplugged for a couple weeks a few months ago and ever since its messed up. I have one user name to log on to (its a HP, windows XP) and it is password protected.

Now, ever since I've been using the computer again, my password does not work when I type it in to log on. The only way to log on is hitting the enter button leaving the password box blank. That is one problem.

The more annoying problem is this: I now don't have "the proper privilege level" to do anything! I can't download or install any programs now, and I can't even change the time! Anyone know what happened??

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12829
You may have to boot in safe mode and re-install everything or do a system restore.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 1645
Thanks man.. That's what I was hoping not to hear though.

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 286
If you go to Control Panel > User Accounts, does your default account say 'Computer Administrator' underneath it? If not, are there any that do?

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 1649
It says "limited account" and there is only one account.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1504
Try posting in the "Computers" sections. I think you might get some pretty good help there, although you might trust the CAR AUDIO GUYS more :-).

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 1650
Haha I'll take any help I can. I just posted here because it gets traffic by everyone on the ecoustics website including Car Audio, Computers, Home Audio, ect. I didn't pick the computers forum because it has about 5500 posts in some years, while the off topic has 8500 in a couple months, but I'll try over there.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4672
www.techsupportforum.com -- the best computer place, will fix ur comps even if ur whole system is infected with malware etc

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1791
x5million^^^ those guys know computers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us