Is it possible?

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 357
This is retarded but something I have been wondering about. Is it possible to freeze dry water? In my little pea brain I would say no just because of the little bit I know. I'm no rocket scientist or anything but to freeze water, it would become a solid and if you dry it, it would become a gas therefore no water would actually be left. Thats the way it works in my head anyway. And since the process of freeze drying is to take water or any other liquid out of something, wouldn't that be a physical impossibility?

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1071
Well if you want to know what I think, once you freeze the water and it becomes water vapor you'd have to store it as water vapor in order to actually be freeze-drying it. The thing is, when you freeze-dry, you're essentially getting rid of the water, so you'd have to store it as a water vapor to restore it to it's original state of water. So yeah, I agree with you, except I think that you'd have to store it as a vapor in order to restore it back to water so I guess theoretically (but you'd be rehydrating it with itself, so you wouldn't need to add other water back, weird).

My 2cents

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5744
Freeze drying water would result in the H2O being seperated into it's 2 elements.
This occurs at absolute zero.

This also occurs in a hydrogen generator within a hydrogen fuel cell.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1212
Pretty complex sh!t.

I wish you could cuss on this website. My life would be much easier.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12746
Let us say, it is possible! What would be the purpose of freeze drying water?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1228
^exactly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us