The neighbourhood inferno! Bournemouth

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2823
The neighbourhood inferno! Bournemouth

This event took place 28th January 2008, just next door to me!

Fire crew turns up, up to four division in the Bournemouth area where called in, Holdenhurst road, Ensburby park, Westbourne and Christchurch some 30 fire-fighters to extinguish the inferno that started at the front facing the main road

Luckily the young girl around 21 years of age and her young son where not at the flat during which time a smouldering inferno was starting within some faulty wiring between the floorboards? The curse is only speculation at this time, until the fire investigator announce the real curse to what could have been a tragic event.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2824
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2825
These guys just go charging in to fight the fire and save lives, my hat is off to them!

Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2826
Smoke was pillowing out from the rear the chimneypot and the front from where it originated from!

Upload
Upload
Upload

Locals just watch the fire crews battle the inferno.

Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2827
Fire engines where mostly situated on Charminster road, while one was parked down the alleyway to the rear of the main road, hydro pumps where attached to the fire trucks and while the main road was blocked off only the side roads gained access way for motorists.

Upload

The front of the tanning shop is completely gutted out , how in the world this started I don't know. Looks like it will be closed down for at least 4 months while refurbishment and insurance costs cover it, but if dodgy wiring was the curse I'd doubt the insurance company will pay out.

Upload
Upload

Neighbours upstairs front room was also completely gutted out by the inferno! Window with all the PVC melted and buckled glass shattered and broken!

Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2828
Upload

Its 19:00 and thou its dark outside now the fire crews have backed up and left the situation site, one fire fighter who I spoke to says "I've been doing this now for 25 years and I'm still learning and taking in all the data and processing it, has you can never tell, its always different".

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2922
damn atleast the people wernt home

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2829
It came to my attention when analyzing Glory soundtrack when after all the loudness had stopped I heard a ruckus from outside, so I went to the back door and when I opened before I even saw the smoke it smelled like someone was cocking a cat!

It was then I saw my upstairs neighbour running down the outdoors stairwell as the fire which was on the opposite side and was attached to her side that is the front part of the building. There would be no way the fire could have gotten to my flat at the time.

But it could have if the fire crews didn't turn up at the right time, it could have took out the adjoining buildings!

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 508
"This event took place 28th January 2008, just next door to me!"

how'd you manage to get all those pictures of a fire that happens a year from now? :-)

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2830
LOL

Yikes!

Sorry the time machine as got buggered up again, today 27th January 2007!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2831
28th January 2007!

I'm still a little shocked to seeing the neighbours flat getting touched!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3091
unlucky...glad your good and everyone else is good

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2832
Yanks

You bet mate, the cleaning up will no doubt start in the morning, I'll get more pictures as it goes along. Guess this will be in the (Daily Echo) in the morning.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1838
Glad every ones OK.

BTW

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3164
Good to hear nobody got hurt. You can NEVER predict and prepare for everything.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3165
Well I'll be, you DO see chicken!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2858
wow crazy, a local resturaunt cuaght fire about a week ago and burned all the way down, i mean all the way not much left, and about 3months ago a house 2 blocks from me caught on fire, sadly the old lady that lived their died.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9038
you say the tanning place was vacant? sounds like insurance scam to me, we get that all the time. people cant afford rent or cant sell and need mone end up torching the place. I am glad everything went well.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1466
Either that or the tanning place caught fire due to faulty wiring and/or something left behind in less than perfect condition that gave way.

Although the strip looks relatively decent from the outside and/or to the naked eye, but inside the walls may be a different story.

BTW, this is Europe where 220 Volt is norm. They get twice the electrical shocks as USA. USA has 120 Volt, so we get twice the fires as they do. Interesting that this fire may be related to electrical, but it can happen.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 802
Too bad it wasnt the ODEON....lol

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2837
Jesse

Don't joke about the Odeon, mate, you never know?

The Chicken Land is my favorite joint for Pizza or Chicken, but I might try Chicken sash or what ever the hell it's called next time.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9045
I wasnt implying faulty electrical Mix I was talking about arsen! it happens here all the time and we always end up figuring it out. I want to kill the guys that do it putting us all in danger, but hey thats life!

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1336
Nothin' beats the chippy, right Summers?

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1467
It can be an electrical fire. I am no fire expert. I was just adding a few points. I like troubleshooting. Its fun. I am probably way off, since this is not my career, but you never know.

I used to have an old neighbor that was on the fire department fire investigation team. This guy was like a Navy Seal. He knew so much about fire investigation that you could say that he may have gotten a PHD in it. I like stuff like that. Its kool.

Physics and chemistry isnt so tough and boring afterall. :-)

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2838
Well it's no surprise to me to see that the daily Echo has only got one picture, one picture after it was extinguished!

Quote from the Bournemouth DAILY ECHO today date 29th January 2007

Fire outbreak in flat over tanning salon
By Fiona Pendlebury

THE staff of a tanning shop had a lucky escape after the shop ceiling fell in as fire broke out in an upstairs flat.

Upload

Staff at the Tanning Emporium in Charminster Road, Bournemouth, were evacuated after the flat above the shop caught fire at around 2pm on Sunday.

Five fire engines and a high-rise appliance were sent to the scene. As firefighters entered the flat window blew out, said onlookers.

Police cordoned off a section of the road, from the junction of Alma Road and Richmond Park Road.

Fire crews brought the blaze under control within 45 minutes.

Tina Ratcliffe, who was helping out at The Tanning Emporium at the time, said: "The girl in the shop ran down and told us to get out because there was a fire upstairs.

Advertisement continued..."She was very upset. I looked up and I could see smoke. I had a customer in the shop and had to get him off the bed.

"We were all evacuated out of the shop. Then I saw the window go bang and all the glass went on the floor."

Group manager Craig Baker of Dorset Fire & Rescue, said: "Basically what we had was a flashover.

"The whole of the room was involved in the fire and had got to such a temperature that it had ignited everything in the room.

"There was no one in the flat at the time."

The incident is now the subject of an investigation, he added.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1340
" I had a customer in the shop and had to get him off the bed."

LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us