What do i use....

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1661
ok, what is the best thing to use to hook the power wire for your amp up to the battery? links or pics please...last time I had a system I used a terminal simular to this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-HPM-PRO-Platinum-Negative-Battery-Terminal_W0QQitemZ 170071371219QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50549QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem,

but it didn't do to well. I need one that has at least 3 connections...two for wires that are on the car already, and one for the amp power wire...how about some help guys?

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 438
What is wrong with the one that you have pictured?? it has three 4 gauge and one 0 gauge. That sounds like it would work perfect for what you are trying to accomplish.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2877
you dont need that. just get a ring terminal on the wire and then on your existing batt. terminal there should be a bolt holding it on. just take off that nut put the ring terminal on and put the nut back on and there you go

Gold Member

Post Number: 1662
well, if the one in the pic works like the one I had, it uses set screws from underneath and they didnt hold very well..yeah, matt, dont know why I didnt think babout the ring terminals, but I usually have problems with them staying on the wire when I crimp them.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2886
crimp and hit them with a hammer then solder

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1322
Solder, crimp then hit with a hammer, solid connection

Gold Member

Post Number: 1663
argh well i do have a soldering torch at work, and a hammer, and I guess i can crip with pliers..but which order should that be in? crimp, hammer, solder or solder, crimp, hammer....or does it matter...I would think crimp, hammer, solder...
solder last because hitting it with a hammer might break the solder.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 938
just use duct tape d@mn it. haha.

I think solder last, on the outside, would be best
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us