NFL Conference Championship Weekend Picks

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 435
Colts beat the Pats - The Colts FINALLY go to the superbowl. Colts Defense is suddenly playing at a VERY high level, and last weekend the pats looked sloppy and vulnerable.

Bears beat the Saints - The Saints are a dome team that's gonna have to go to chicago and play some real football on a real field...Da Bears run D has been less than stellar lately but they faced three big 3rd and 1 situations against shaun alexander last week, and stuffed him on all three so i think they'll step up when it counts...our secondary is potent and healthy, Grossman looked to be back on the right track.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1313
agreed

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1624
agree with colts vs pats
Saint will win over Bears, did you see last weeks game? bears were terrible...the only reason they won was because seahawks played worse.

and superbowl
Saints will beat colts

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1901
At this point I don't really care who wins what, but I would like to see the saints and the colts in the big bowl. Since the saints have never even been there before. It would be fun to see them win it all!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9495
you are forgetting, the saints have a better road record than home. on the road they only lost 2 games. they will have no problem with the bears this weekend.

so here is my pick. hopefully i am 2 for 2 this time.

colts over the pats
saints over the bears

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2804
I'm not touching this one! But good games nonetheless.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4052
I'm w/ chad....

Saint > Bears
Colts > Pats

You just think its cold now...if the Saint do make the Bowl...h3lls gonna freeze over:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 436
Wolfman i'd love to hear you explain how the Bears were "terrible" against the seahawks...Bears' run game gained consistent yardage, receivers caught balls, Rex threw over 50% with 1 pick which was 100% not his fault, secondary shut down seattles go-to receiver (stevens)as well as limited the other WRs, and the run D actually did step up on the 3 plays that counted most...

...they beat the defending NFC champs, if you don't like em fine, more power to ya, but give credit where credit is due.

p.s. as i proofread this it kinda sounds like i'm hostile which i'm not wolfy, just wanted to clarify :-)

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 891
Pat win... (damnit)
Saints win... (chyeah!)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1632
I still say that neither team in that game did very well compared to how they usually play. A lot of mistakes were made on both sides, and if the Bears play like they did in that game, then the Saints will romp all over them. I dont know, it may be a close game, it may be a rout by the Saints, or the Bears may romp the Saints. I think it will be a good game though, no matter who wins..
oh and btw....people always said that Hell would freeze over when the Saints won the Superbowl....and guess what, its been pretty cold here the past few days...lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2613
bears didnt play too bad last week. atleast not sexy rexy...282 yds 1 td 1 pick which wasnt his fault and a fumble which was his lines fault for not blocking him

but go bears and go colts...
the bears game could go either way and if saints win, i dont mind cause they deserve it....but seriously, f_ck the pats

Gold Member

Post Number: 1635
how was the pick not his fault? he shouldnt have thrown the ball...and the fumble...he should have held on to the ball better....lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
things aren't always that cut and dry wolfy...did you see rex's pick?? He hit his receiver right on the hands, EASILY shoulda been caught by Musin Mohammed, but he bobbled it up in the air right to a seahawk defender...

...i gotta be honest if i wasn't a die-hard bears fan, i might pick the game differently...really could go either way...i bet money on games where i have a confident feeling about who's gonna win...i will DEFINITELY NOT be betting the saints bears game.

Gold Member

Www.15inchwangers.com

Post Number: 9504
anyways i can't wait til sunday. the time is going so slow.

also wtf am i gonna do after the superbowl. damn. depressed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1636
yeah, I think its gonna be a good game, but the saints got to win, cause next year all their good players will go to other teams like they usually do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1638
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q-YQ5E08P4&mode=user&search=

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 895
Crown vic... in NO way is Jeremy Stevens the Seahawks "go to reciever" haha. Have you heard of Darrell Jackson or Bobby Engram? Jackson dropped like 5 passes but he was a top 10 reciever this year and Engram is targeted alot because hs a possession reciever. No TE is the go to receiver agaisnt the bears linebackers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
blah, right u r reece, i didn't mean to type stevens i meant Darrell Jackson.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2615
"things aren't always that cut and dry wolfy...did you see rex's pick?? He hit his receiver right on the hands, EASILY shoulda been caught by Musin Mohammed, but he bobbled it up in the air right to a seahawk defender... "

exactly, he hit muhsin right in hands...every receiever in the league could have acught that ball...may not have been the best thrown ball but come on, getting paid millions, catch it...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8800
the colts over the pats and the bears over the saints. The reason being is that the saints are not very good in cold weather.

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
as a Bears fan and lifelong chicagoan i'd love to say that the weather was to our advantage...but this whole winter hasn't been typical for chicago...warmer than normal and no snow...sunday is supposed to be like mid 30s (not cold at all for us) and i think maybe flurries but not much snow...

...anyways i still like my bears' chances, we got the little things like one of if not THE best punter (field position is crucial), probly the best return game in the NFL this season, we're one of the top teams at forcing turnovers, and a FG kicker who proved to be clutch last week. Should be a good game.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9881
jaa dude.

we will see, this is why they play so i am going with the Pats. and i am not sure about the Saints-Bears game. i would like to see how Reggie Bush does.

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
Deuce Mcallister will have a much better game than bush...i wouldn't be surprised if my Bears SHUT DOWN reggie 'bust'...cause our strength defensively is our speed, our Linebackers, DEs and DBs are so fast sideline to sideline Reggie won't be able to get outside. Deuce runs right down yer throat which is our weakness.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1641
i'll just say I WANT the Saints to win, but I think its anybodys game.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8812
I hope the saints play better against the bears in cold weather then they did against the Giants in cold weather. I want the saints to win but they seem to drop everything in the cold.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9897
one....more....day....

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2663
5" of snow in CHI tomorrow...thatll play in favor of the bears.

my predictions...
bears over saints.....score of 17-10
colts over pats.....score of 31-28

Gold Member

Post Number: 1644
http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/countdown.swf?name=Saints-VS-Bears-NFC-Champ ionship&year=2007&month=1&day=21&hour=14&minute=0&second=0&tcolors=0xffdd61&colo rs=0xffdd61'

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1800
Pats to win
Saints to win

Saints to go the distance this year. Unfortiatly for the pats. You read it hear first.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2844
If my satellite goes out today I'm gonna poooop!

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 305
Pats win
Bears win

Unless Katrina, and political sympathy help out the Saints. Just like the Yanks, and Pats a few years ago.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2672
oh bud...you arent talking smack about the yanks are you? dont make me mad....lol

Gold Member

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9601
GAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 306
Who would talk smack about the Yanks? Any team that can buy a championship or ? could surely track me down! LOL

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2862
D@mn. Only fg's so far. I hope this isn't another Colt game like last week!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2675
if ya got the money, why not use it?

am i wrong...

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2863
THREE FG'S!!!!!

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 307
We tried here in Ptld, Ore, for the jailblazers, didn't work! Well, I suppose it did if you want to count it as some type of human ignorance, antisocial, drug abusing, women beaters, lack of drive sort of experiment!
BUT, we had media hype!

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2864
Now we have a game!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9606
damn reggie bush is fast. lol. awesome TD.

go saints......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1645
DAMN Saints blowing it again. a couple of bad calls too, but mainly the Saints aren't working it right.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2866
On to the Colt/Pat game. Should be a beaut!

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:42 pm:
Bears are going to bring the saints dream season to an ABRUPT hault. i won't try to convince anyone...i'll just say "i told you so" next weekend

told ya so

where were the bad calls wolfman? gawd you are such a bear hater!!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2681
1 for 1...

and hats off to sexy rexy, pulled thro when it mattered

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
rex was 11 for 26 passing which makes him look much worse than he was...at LEAST 4 of those were receiver drops...Thomas Jones and Musin Mohammed had 2 drops each i remember specifically...think there were more tho.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2873
How many yards in the air tonight? 600? 800??

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4081
Grossman is a lucky b@st@rd.

that is all.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2694
doesnt matter if you throw for 50 yds or for 5000 yrds...the drive that won them the game was when he went 4 for 4 with 78 yrds...

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 309
Like I said earlier, Bears win, Pats win. Mannings been spending too much time doing commercials, and today, admiring Brady.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8836
not luck, the saints just need to learn how to play in cold weather and hold onto the ball. I called that a few days ago way up there^^^^^^^^^

Gold Member

Post Number: 9613
today sux in nfl. only thing that can make it better is if the colts comeback in the second half.

i can't believe the 2 teams i hate the most are gonna be in the superbowl.

no offense to the bears and pats fans. i just don't like grossman and brady. i don't know why but i just don't like them. lol.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8840
honestly now that the saints are out the colts better step it up and win it for once! Lord knows manning deserves it.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2884
The Saints would've been nice to see in the big game. Tonights game is, well, kinda shocking. Where is the Colts' passing game??? Dropped passes aside, this should really be a closer game.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1646
bad calls...well at least one, on the 3rd "fumble" the guys knee was down when the ball started coming out, so he was down. But it doesnt really make a difference...the Saints gave up and quit playing at the end anyway, shoulda known. Oh well....now for the Superbowl, I want to see it be Bears vs. Colts, and I believe the Bears will win.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8846
agreed^

Gold Member

Post Number: 1647
oh, and another thing, the bad thing about ANY team that comes from the south where the weather isnt bad or that plays in a dome at home. When they go up north and play in an open stadium where its 30 degress and snowing, they aren't just playing the other team, their also playing against the weather...kinda an unfair advantage to the team that plays in the cold all the time. I would have liked to see how things had gone had they played on a nuetral field in a place where the weather wasn't so lousy, but knowing the Saints they prob. would have lost anyway...lol oh well theres always next year!

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8847
that is an unfair advantage because the bears are used to playing in that weather when they go somewhere nice they play even better lol the saints should have been practicing in antarctica for the last 2 weeks to prepare lolol

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2885
True old school football was meant to be played on a "tundra". It's a winter sport. Played in the cold on grass. I would hate to see in the future all teams in a dome. Takes the "toughness" out of it. IMO.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2886
Uh oh. Here come dem Colts!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9616
hell yeah. we have a tie game. lol.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2888
THIS IS WHAT A FOOTBALL GAME IS ALL ABOUT!!!

No comments on the caps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9617
wtf they just give it right back. rofl.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2893
Oh snap! Tied at 31. Yeeeeeessss!!!!!

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2896
Oh snap! Chicago against Indy. What a game to see.

Silver Member

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 310
Like I said, Bears win, Colts win!
SuperBowl should be good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9620
hell yeah that was a great comeback.

congrats to petyone manning and his team. that was an awesome second half.

COLTS>bears

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3590
wow the refs sucked in that game all i have to say they made some bad calls. Or should i say they didnt make some calls

roughing the passer on banta cain he bearly touched him.
a lot of holding by the colts offensive line.
That pass interference call that should have been made in the end zone.

and if u actually watched the game u know it would have made a big diffrence

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2699
suck a d!ck brady...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9622
hahahaha yanks fan.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2897
^^^

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1803
dam brady

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8848
YEAH COLTS lolololol YEAH YEAH YEAH

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8849
hell of a game

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1804
How do I delete a post????????
wtf 21-3 comeback? who would have thunk. Glad Im not a gambler, Id be losing my set up right now.

"Pats to win
Saints to win
Saints to go the distance this year. Unfortiatly for the pats. You read it hear first."

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2701
"Like I said earlier, Bears win, Pats win. Mannings been spending too much time doing commercials, and today, admiring Brady."

ouch david...talked a little soon didnt you...its alrire, that come back snuck up on almost everyone...but comeone, you cant ever count the colts offense out...no matter the score

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8855
agreed^:-):-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
i picked the bears and colts :-) doesn't mean anything though...just lucky picks....hell if we weren't goin week by week, i was telling ppl the eagles might make the superbowl so wtf do i know...

...btw wolfman on that "bad call" you were talking about with the fumble, the ball was clearly jiggling around before his knee was down...whether or not he had possesion is debatable i'll give you that but the rule is that if he doesn't have possesion he can't be down by contact so they can still strip the ball.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2707
2 for 2 and 5 for 6 for the past 2 weeks...

Gold Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1318
CrownVictoria
Silver Member

Chicago , Illinois
I Eats Beats for Breakfast

Post Number: 435
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 06:18 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colts beat the Pats - The Colts FINALLY go to the superbowl. Colts Defense is suddenly playing at a VERY high level, and last weekend the pats looked sloppy and vulnerable.

Bears beat the Saints - The Saints are a dome team that's gonna have to go to chicago and play some real football on a real field...Da Bears run D has been less than stellar lately but they faced three big 3rd and 1 situations against shaun alexander last week, and stuffed him on all three so i think they'll step up when it counts...our secondary is potent and healthy, Grossman looked to be back on the right track.

Joseph Coulson
Gold Member

Atlanta , GA
USA

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 07:28 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
agreed

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8859
Yanks you have been en fuego with your pick's, I think you almost picked them all:-)

"suck a d!ck brady.."

YES LOLOL

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2725
only game i missed was the patriots/charger game...other then that i am en fuego lol.

theres nothing better than seeing a boston team lose and have their season be over early...

Gold Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 1023
i actually picked every pick right, too bad there wasnt any money involved lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us