OUCH!!! This was LOUD

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1489
just downloaded the song Deep Azz Bass(really spelled with s, but ecrapstics wont let me use that). Anyway, I turned my little surround sound system up on my computer....started the song, and OUCH....my ears hurt...this sh!t would blow some subs with the first notes....ouch. I tried uploading it, but it was taking too long..is there another way to let people hear it?

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 440
how big is the file?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1523
its in mp3 format and 3.1 mb

Gold Member

Post Number: 1524
he he, just changed it so when windows logs on, instead of the normal sound it does the THX movie opening sound....cool

Gold Member

Post Number: 1526
btw, I found something louder.....go to the link below, and brink up...quake bass...the last one on the page...if you have headphones or regular computer speakers...forget it, but if you have a surround sound system with a subwoofer...you might want to actually turn it down, cause quake bass is loud!

http://www.mp3.com/albums/213091/summary.html

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 755
for some reason, none of the songs will work with my WMP

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3144
use

mydatabus.com

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 618
I just downloaded them both
Let's see if my new Seismic 10 can handle it lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 619
My walls are NOT happy! All the pictures on the wall are crooked now argh. 3 fell off, I think I need to get anchors to hold the pictures on the wall, so annoying, all these rattles.

Silver Member

Post Number: 620
The weird thing is it's not even close to the corner, or even the wall lol

Those two passive radiators look to be moving around 1.5 inches peak to peak. If I try and push it any harder I'm scared the radaiators are going to fly out of the subwoofer.

Bronze Member
Username: Roadrunn3r35

Whaddu care?, New york USA

Post Number: 46
Radiators in a speaker? Dude yous on something strong. Radiators are in cars man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
Radiators:

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_product.aspx?category_id=17&family_id=108

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
Yeah radiators are like ports but don't chuff. There are problems that radiators have that ports don't.

It's a tradeoff, the choice depends on what you're trying to achieve. I think radiators work better when you're trying to save space, as is done in the Paradigm UltraCube and Seismic series subwoofers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1531
HEY, Andre...I guess since your walls are not happy, that means you like the loud bass.Just wish I could copy Quake Bass to cd so I can check it out when I get my system installed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1532
oh, and how much did you turn up the volume??

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
Well, first of my computer is hooked straight into my home theater through a digital audio and S-video cable (only for movies).
The computer's volume was max like it always is.
The receiver was at -30 and the sub was at halfway.

I just hope the passive radiators don't break off their suspension and fly out of the subwoofer. Then I'd have to send it in for repairs after less than a week of use (yeah I already broke it in for like 90 hours nonstop music at medium volume, the amp was warm after that).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1535
he he, why dont you turn everything up all the way and see what happens...EARTHQUAKE!! Just kidding...we dont want you to blow anything.

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
just load the file up onto

http://rapidshare.de/

Silver Member

Post Number: 634
Lol boom the radiators fly out of the subwoofer when it hits 24 hz at like 140dB (somehow, in a house) and all of the sudden the house falls over. NOOO.

No that could never happen (I hope), the amp has a limiter on it (not a normal one) so if I push it too hard for too long the subwoofer either shuts off or reduces it's output by about 20dB depending on how hard I've driven it and what overheated.

I'm surprised at how 4 old Bose model 100 speakers can put out bass below 50hz in a small enough room with 100 watts being pushed to them for about 5 seconds.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1536
Link for bass mekanik song

: http://rapidshare.com/files/10760896/Bass_Mechanics-Deep_Ass_Bass_Song.mp3.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1537
another bass song

http://rapidshare.com/files/10761342/Subwoofer_Test-Hardcore_Bass.mp3.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1538
and finally the THX test....thank you LucasFilms.

http://rapidshare.com/files/10761481/Surround_Sound_Test-Lucasfilm_THX_Speaker_T ester.mp3.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 636
Lol the THX test is kinda creepy

Silver Member

Post Number: 637
If you just want to blow something and you're using windows media player here's what I would do.

First I'd set the graphic equalizer with everything to max. Then I'd set the SRS thingy with trubass and wow to max. Then I'd use a limiter system like Volume Logic and set it to LOUD! with the volume drive and bass boost all the way up. I'd also make sure that the computer's volume control knobs were all up in the menu. That makes sure the computer is outputting as much voltage as it can from it's jack or whatever you're using to hook it up.

Then make sure to make sure all eq's and bass/treble controls including loudness are all the way up in your receiver. If you can set your speaker levels separately in a menu that you would normally use for a balanced sound then jack those all to +10dB or whatever then crank your volume knob as far as it'll go!

I would expect this to blow a speaker easily Lol.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9788
rofl

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12306
The best way to blow any speaker is to feed a signal from an underpowered amp and drive it to clipping.

Silver Member

Post Number: 641
I guess what I just stated stated would be clipping both the computer's output, the amp's output and of course that would be quite a distorted signal coming from the amp's outputs.

Could a 10(-4th power) watt amp clipping blow a hypothetical(yes, hyptothetical, Berny) 10(1000th power)watt speaker? that's quite a difference in ratings!

Well if it's a powered subwoofer does that work too? What if you drive an overpowered amp system (like 10 to the millionth power) at clipping? I guess you'd just have to feed the subwoofer's lfe in like a speaker-level signal by wiring your speaker outputs on to an RCA plug or XLR then see if you can make your sub go boom. I don't know, just playing around. I guess at the extremes it's different, just like in a lot of things.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12339
Why of course Andre, it would (hypothetically speaking) :-)

But, I believe you are misunderstanding something here. Speakers do not have watts. What you have stated is the power handling of the speakers and not its actual output.

Silver Member

Post Number: 648
Well of course I know that's the power handling. I said ratings didn't I?

Anyway, sorry I mispelled "hypothetical" as "hyptothetical."

Compare a speaker rated at 150dB (SPL, 1watt/2.83v/1meter) with a power handling of 100 watts compared to a speaker rated 50dB with a power handling of 100,000,000,000 (10 to the 11th). If all else were the same of course I'd opt for the former. I mean, they can both reach the same volume, but the latter would take 1,000,000,000 times as much power I beleive. I mean, why do you think you almost never see a speaker with a SPL rating below 80? It is INSANE to think about that. I think I'd always opt for a speaker with a high sensitivity rating unless it had stuff done to it to raise it's sensitivity that would hurt it's performance because of how extreme the differences are.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh sorry I'm in a weird mood.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2681
I believe a speakers' efficiency is very related to sensitivity. Or maybe the other way around? Anyway, imo, anything over 90 I believe is good. 93+ is superb. Is there a ceiling to sensitivity rating??

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
I think so. From what I've read, it depends on the moving mass that's creating sound, how much electricity is converted (converted?) to magnetism, and the frequency of the sound being reproduced. That's all I can think of as of now.

Tweeters by themselves usually have a much higher sensitivity than woofers, unless poorly made. The highest I've seen is like 118dB 1watt/1meter on a PA system I think. Yeah, that is a bit loud for 1 watt. Yeah just get a nice 10kw amplifier and good pair of 118dB PA speakers, stick the system in a small bathroom, OW.

Silver Member

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 861
Omg, speaking of loud...

Wolfman I listened to you...I turned the subwoofer's level control all the way up and the receiver's level control to +23 (probably clipping I'd suspect...), shut off all speakers and just delivered the subwoofer signal to the sub.

I stuck the sub (it was already kinda close) against the corner and I first started with a sweep from 20hz to 120hz that lasted 30 seconds and spent a lot of it's time in the deep regions.

Dude...CD's fibrated around, the tv's picture tube rumbled like crazy when it reached it's resonant frequency, I had to hold my ears, I'm horribly disoriented now...duh, it was pegging my SPL meter on thye 120dB setting(I was in the corner as well when I did that), the entertainment center rumbled and everything in it shook like crazy...at least it didn't mess up the computer! I felt the bass like crazy the whole time, I now know how far the passive radiators can move, it's more like 3 inches lol (it was hard to tell as they basically turned into a blur they were moving so far), and the driver on the bottom was getting pretty darn close to the floor, I'm glad I had raised it's feet!

I had always wanted to do that, but I wanted to make sure it had properly broken in and loosened up first... It's called the SEISMIC series for a reason!

Silver Member

Post Number: 873
Lol now I know that the subwoofer really can put out a lot more than it was letting on (specifically the passive radiators moving like 3 inches).

Silver Member

Post Number: 897
I just did that again, but this time with a 22hz tone! I took the pictues off this time lol. My neighbors will probably say they heard a rumble.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5374
And how about dear old Dad?

Silver Member

Post Number: 900
He's at work (along with my sister and mom)!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us