James, Chad, Muddy and other pros, help with oem interface

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1578
I just got my Audi A4 last week and now I need to get my system in place and rolling. I am selling my HU with my old car because it is the easiest way to do it. Anyway, I like the look of the OEM Audi Symphony HU. However, it has like no functionality. So what can I use to be able to hook up 3 amps and give them a signal boost? I know that the JL cleansweep is good but it seems REALLY expensive. Plus if I got that I also need to add a p. equalizer or audiocontrol in there too which is even more. Is there any more options I have or should I just be real with myself and find a new HU?

I need to stop being lazy and try to start installing all this stuff soon because all of the AWESOME Bose speakers are blown and sound terrrible! Lol I feel bad for the poor sucker that goes to the Audi dealer and pays $1000 for the optional Bose premium sound, it is terrible. Ughh... Thanks all you guys! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7037
http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/dept.asp?d_id=17612&l1=17612

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=94

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1580
Yeah I have looked at the site for the Cleansweep before and I wasn't that impressed with it for how much it costs. It didn't seem to really have any kind of equalizer or anything.

Those audiocotrol units look really nice though! I haven't used anything like this before so I am a real newb to it. What one of the audiocontrol units would be best for me? My goal is to run a 4 channel amp to the rear deck speakers and rear door speakers. Then I have a 2 channel amp for my front A/D/S components and then ofcourse the sub amp. Where do you even buy those audiocontrol units and what do they cost? Thanks bro!

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7040
they have a dealer locator on their site.

for something really basic, the audiocontrol eqs has speaker level inputs and rca outputs. it works really great and it mounts in the trunk. my friend is using it in his car cause he wanted to keep the original stereo. it sounds awesome.

also if you are gonna run that many amps, may i suggest an audiocontrol matrix to go along with that. the matrix is a perfect addition to your sound system if you are running multiple amps.

my advice to you isaac is to download the owners manual for the items i described and a few others that might work for you. look over it. find out what might suit your needs.

also you can email audiocontrol and they will get back to you with the answer asap. they have awesome customer service.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1583
I will look into those manuals. I guess all I really need is a line driver that has 6 channel preouts. That way I have a output for the front amp. One for the sub amp and one for the 4 channel amp that I can use RCA splitters, no need for a true channel for each one really. I don't think I really need a equalizer or crossover in the unit, I can just use the built in crossovers in the amps. Unless you think that it will make a big difference to have a EQ.

Maybe the THREE.1 would be the best unit for me? I'll have to mull it over with your guys help. :-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7041
yeah if you don't want to get in to all that stuff, the three.1 is good.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1584
Chad, actually couldn't I just get a Matrix by itself and it would do exactly what I am looking for?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7042
the matrix has rca inputs only. you can get a line out converter then run it to the matrix to get a higher preout voltage to your amps.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1587
Yeah right now there is a LOC in the back that the previous owner had installed. So then from the LOC I could run a rca to the matrix and then get the 6 channels that I need and the matrix would act as a line driver for the channels and then I can just use the crossovers on the amps to cut out any signals I don't want for the speakers. Does this sound good or is this a bad idea?

Bronze Member
Username: Monk

Post Number: 18
chad lee

can i hook up alpine dva 9861 hu to a rosen lcd pull down monitor in my car? Thank you!!

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1588
Yo monk, go hijack someone elses thread! Good god...

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7059
yeah you can do that isaac.

which speaker wires already have the loc? the rear? if so you can input in to the channel 3 of the matrix and have it output to channel 2 and 3. one input with multiple outputs.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1592
I read the manual on the audiocontrol website and I saw that you can just connect one pair of inputs and it would send the signal to all 6 channels of the output.

The loc was spliced into the rear speaker wires and he ran rcas to a 4 channle alpine amp.

So I should be correct in assuming that the signal getting sent to the rear speakers and comming through the LOC is a full range un-cross signal. Hopefully... It is a Bose premium sound system so they might do some funny crossover stuff that I am not aware of. I will have to find out.

BTW, I just won a Matrix on ebay tonight. Like new with original box and manuals and he is also including 4 pairs of stinger RCAs. One 12' and 3 3' ones. Those will definately come in handy. All that for 118.50 shipped. Not to bad I don't think, considering it is 160 on woofers etc + $20 shipping. And all of those rcas are probably easily 30 bucks. I am just excited to finally get my brand new A/D/S components installed!

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1593
BTW, would it be ok for me to run one 4 gauge wire to the back and run a distro to all three amps? I have a Xtant A6001 (~750 wrms), JBL LC-A752 (75x2 wrms) and the alpine 4 channel (4x40 wrms). Think one 4 gauge cable can handle all that?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7113
try 0 gauge.

congrats on the matrix. i just installed in my car and it makes a big difference.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8620
had to put my name in the thread considering i am in the title.:-)

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1594
Well I really don't want to shell out the money for 1/0 gauge right now because I am really poor. I know, I know... all that stuff about doing it right the first time and all that. Otherwise I actually have 2 8 gauge amp kits and a 4 gauge kit. But running 3 seperate power wires might be a hassle also.

So what did you install the Matrix in your car for? Don't you have an aftermarket HU?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7115
i do have an after market hu. i used it cause i have 2 subwoofer amps. rather than using the y adaptor, i get a much cleaner and stronger signal going to the amps. one input to two output in my case.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7409
I personally love the DQl-8:-) but it is kind of preicey out of the rest of them. The three.1 would work well for you but I dont know about customizing a dash in your new A4 but thats up to you. Thats the beauty of the DQL-8.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1600
Yeah James the DQL-8 looks awesome but I really did't want to pay for its features that I didn't need! All I needed was a line driver that could split the signal. I kept it SIMPLE! :-) Mainly becuase I am broke :-(

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7147
awwww you were broke isasc??? why didn't you come to me. i would of help you out.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1602
^^^ Lol BS!!!!! Thanks though for atleast pretending to care!

Well if you feel so inclined I want to buy both of Benny Boys Crossfire amps to better power my comps and speakers. 150 bucks would "help me out". LOL

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8674
Chad is loaded.....he is a loneshark though, so be careful:-)

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1610
^^^ Maybe I am stupid, but I don't get it, Muddy. lol

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7169
my audiocontrol eqx should be getting here in a few days. now the transformation is complete.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7445
With Chad "The Juice" is always running:-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7171
lol james.

i was saying in another thread james, would it be alright if i just buy the sub? i am getting a jl audio 500/1 for a real cheap price from someone.

i will buy it next week.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7447
sure

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7172
thanks man. what is your paypal email address.

email me your paypal info to twin5869@sbcglobal.net

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7449
sent it bud

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7174
next friday you should see a payment from me. thats next friday the 24th.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7457
sounds good man:-)

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8744
:-). hehe

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7463
lol Josh:-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7199

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1611
This is turning out to be just an exclusive thread for people whose names are in the title!

BTW James, I am itching to get those A/D/S 346cs comps in my car, but I got handed some bad news. The stock speaker location is only a 4" driver. SO putting a 6.5" speaker in there is going to take quite a bit of modification, dang. The way the Audi doors are made it would be tough enough just to get a speaker of the same size in. A shop around me said they could install them for 160-180. Kinda expensive but I have neither the tools nor the skill to do it. There is another shop a little farther away I am going to to call and see if I can't haggle them a little bit!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7560
Hey Isaac how did you make out with the A/D/S'?

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9303
i want some Iridiums.......i have for SOME time now...

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1692
Wow why did they dig up this old thread and move it to the OT section? lol

James unfortunately I still don't have them hooked up. It's going to be really tough to get any of my system put into my new car now, because it is getting really cold now and I don't have a heated garage or anything. It's like 8 degrees right now this morning.... I HATE COLD!!! I straight up can't handle it. So I will have to find someone with a heated garage that I can work on my system in. And though this is something I don't want to admit I might have to pay a shop to install my comps..... damn

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7617
focal utopia FTW.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7598
yeah I hear ya, the cold weather sucks. There is nothing worse then working and having your hands feel like they are litterally going to fall off. In your case with the type of car you have, I would prob opt to get them installed also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us