Silver Member
Username: Ghiacabriolet

Post Number: 321
For the first time in at least 15 years, I went album shopping today. Perusing the Rock bins, I felt twinges of illness (seeing many of the lp's I sold years ago) and nostalgia (saw one lp with a Record Bar sticker on it - I used to work there many years ago).

Ended up purchasing several titles:

Bizet "Carmen" (complete) Fritz Reiner conducting RCA Victor Orchestra and the Robert Shaw Corale

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Composer of Desafinado, Plays

Lucinda Williams - World without Tears - New copy

'Til Tuesday - Everything's Different Now

Mose Allison - Best of - Sealed, 1970 release

Messiaen Catalogue D'Oiseaux - Jocy de Oliveira-Carvalho, pianist - I have not idea what this is but like the cover. It's a 4 lp box set for $6.

Now, all I need is a turntable.....

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 596
Ghia, are there any winners in that stash? I've been thinking of getting the Lucinda Williams LP. Would you recommend it?

A reissue label that hasn't gotten any press is 4 Men With Beards out of San Francisco (probably because of the silly name). I've picked up two of their LPs and both are first-rate in terms of music and sound and affordable to boot.

Dusty Springfield, "Dusty in Memphis" - I can't believe I've never heard this album before. This is one of the best records I've heard this year. A classic example of blue-eyed soul. Fantastic stuff.

Television, "Marquee Moon" - A different kind of classic from the late 70s CBGB scene that spawned the Talking Heads, Ramones, and Blondie. The album has never sounded better than on this reissue.

Top Deals

Loading, please wait...

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Top Deals

Forum Help

Follow Us