Elvira returns!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2309
I don't know how many contributors are old enough to remember the Friday Night televised horror movie. When I was a kid living in Chicago, we had 'Shock Theater'.
Out here in California, they had Elvira.
Well......She's BACK.
A little older, but still creepy. And showing the same, awful movies which made her 'famous'....if that's the right word.
Tonights feature? 1963s 'Hercules and the Captive Women'. I don't recognize a SINGLE name in the cast. But that's not the point. It's awful and I can hardly wait for the first commercial.....Let the Sthick begin!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24722
Lol I remember her. Spooky with a touch of cleavage never hurt anyone!

Reminds me of USA's "Up all night" girl Rhonda Shear. Same cheesy flicks, same subtle demeanor. Most tune in JUST for the token host.

Like us.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2312
Don't forget Vampira, who appeared in the Ed Wood movie!

She and Elvira were competitors. I don't know who was first, but I think there was even a lawsuit........copyright? trademark?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24725
Let's not forget the master of late night horror.........

Upload

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2313
Isn't anyone going to mention what may be the ultimate cheesy movie format....
MST3000
Not horror, just horrible...and really funny.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2029
God i have no clue what you guys are talking about....

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2317
Back in 'the day', a real schlocky, AWFUL, horror movie was broadcast late on a Friday or Saturday nite. The show had a host who did some intro stuff while showing ZERO acting / performing talent. The set was always crypt / tomb inspired.
Regional / local versions were the rule. LA had Vampira, who I think was the FIRST one of these. She later sued Elvira in court but ran out of money......So much for 'justice'.
Gilbert Gotfried did a version, MST3k likewise. Back in Chicago, in the '60s, we had 'Shock Theater'. As bad as all the rest. I'm certain that other regional / local versions of this format existed. Each one worse than the last.

http://www.chicagotelevision.com/sven.htm

Pass the popcorn, please.......

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2030
lol

Gilbert Gotfried - the same dude with the parrot voice from Aladdin?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2322
GG was also the commercial voice of AFLAC, the insurance people, until he said something politically insensitive.

http://modlife.com/elvira

I'm plugging this so the kids have a chance to see it. After all the spoon fed nonsense of the 'modern' sci-fi movie, it's time for them to see the REAL gibberish there parents were raised on!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2032
I wish her t!tty popped out.......LOL

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24735
You, me and every one of my friends 25 years ago!

Bronze Member
Username: Jim1987

Post Number: 12
Hey my friend Its a really nice thread.I just started to remember my childhood and feeling nostalgic.I can remember Elvira and really feeling great that she is coming back again.Thanks a lot for such a nice information.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2360
Original, '60s 'Night of the Living Dead'. on tonight and safely TIVOd for later.
How can you possibly beat that?

Pass the popcorn

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Atlantic City Baltim..., , NJ/MD

Post Number: 1188
Ha, yea I remember that.

They always use to play tales from the crypt and the series with that little bad azz leprechaun. You know the one were he slaughtered any one that messed with his gold!

Like early/mid 90's

Before everyone had personal cellphones or computers.

If you said you enjoy twittering someone would probably just give you a weird eye and call you a qweer!

Those were the days!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2040
i used to watch tales from the crypt when I was very small. I remember they used to have marathons of that and the Honeymooners on like New Years day or something. There was another show with marathon (I think twilight zone). Yea I really loved those days.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24821
I was never into horror films. Even as a youth. I do remember watching "Friday the 13th" on HBO over at my friend's house during a sleepover. There were four of us and the movie scared us so silly my friend had to sleep with his pellet gun under his pillow!

Who hasn't done THAT though? Saturday night, in the basement watching horror flicks in the dark with a few others?

It's like a rite of passage.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2387
Kids today don't know what they are missing, with the possible exception of my horror film addict niece.

I was the family designated 'hand holder' and saw lot's of 'em in theater release since NOBODY else in the family would keep her company.

I LOVED 'Shock Theater', the Chicago version of Elvira / Vampira.

I just TIVO'd a Jack Nichelson movie.....on the Elvira channel....This is gonna be awful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us