Archive through January 04, 2011

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23887
Picked up Grown Ups and the first Twilight. (Yeah curiosity got the best of me). My boy wanted to see Grown Ups.

I'm really twisting his young mind.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1831
Paul,
Depending on maturity, age and your willingness to 'twist his young mind',
You may consider 'Where's Poppa?' Ruth Gordon, George Segal.
Old age ain't fun anymore....and played for laughs to boot. This movie should make anyone over maybe.....65 do a butt clench. Wretched kids. For a young person over....say 15 or 16, it may give them ideas how to treat YOU in the future. LOL

You may also consider 'The Legend of Hell House'. Roddy McDowall, Pamela Franklin.
This one is NOT gory or vulgar. BUT it'll have you on the edge of your seat. This is NOT just another 'haunted house'. You will not be able to imagine another house MORE haunted. This movie even creeped out my niece, who has been watching this kind of stuff since age 3. Her parents never censored what she watched. Too late, now.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1832
Forgot to add....My niece has a Chucky Doll on her bed. Most young ladies have cutesy stuff, but not MY niece.
I was the family designated 'bad movie goer' and had to sit thru many theater release movies she HAD to see.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1916
"....My niece has a Chucky Doll on her bed"

Bad@ss!!!

I still have Hell House laying around and havn't had time to get to it yet.

Watching Dexter Season 5. Just watched the latest episode. Man, I LOVE this show.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23900
Have to admit Twilight kept me watching. I can DEFINITELY see the appeal to today's teenage youth as it has so many references to rebellion and individuality. Something teens just live for. Out of curiosity I will continue to buy and watch the series.

Tonight? Pulling some older favs off the shelf. "He Said, She Said" and "She's Having A Baby". I'm telling you Kevin Bacon has been in so many good/great films. I wish I had "Quicksilver" on DVD. "Flatliners" is another good one IMO.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15959
Out of curiosity I will continue to buy and watch the series.

I actually liked the series i cant wait for the next 2

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15960
"Flatliners" is another good one IMO.

I agree

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1843
I saw as much of 'Galaxy of Terror' as I could stand.
Ray Walston? Edward Albert? (son of Eddie) Erin Moran? John Englund?
Unwatchable. Does this movie have some 'classic' or 'protected' status of which I'm unaware? Some writing or directing credits of some famous people?
I didn't get it. It wasn't even good enough to be bad.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1296
Watched the new Harry Potter over the weekend. It was pretty good, but not as great as I was expecting. The scenes that had things going on were good, but I'd say half the movie was Harry and the other two main characters hiding from being caught. Good story line though and definetely left you waiting for the final movie to see what happens next.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23911
Saw Twilight "New Moon" tonight. On par as a sequel I suppose. Overall better film than the first. You can tell by the storyline that they knew they had a cash cow ahead of them at this point. So many possible outcomes it baffles the mind.

Still pumping in the teenage love/hate reference, which by design, makes it such a hit.

I knew it all along, just curious as all.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1850
News blurb I heard on the new Harry Potter movie says it will be well over $100million for the first weekend. Wife said something about 150. Worldwide? could top $300million.

I'll look at the 'real' total tomorrow after some coffee.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1922
Went to see Harry Potter as well. Got the to theater about hour and 10 minutes BEFORE the movie was supposed to start, thinking there would be a line and i should be there early to get good seats. Well, there were about 300 others that did the same and got there earlier than I did.
I personally enjoyed the movie a lot. It was a little slow at times and also seemed a bit stretched, but it was well worth it. Unfortunately, the IMAX theater was filled up and i didn't have good seats. Ended up sitting towards the right side of the theater so definitely didn't enjoy that part. I think the next part will really be action packed and probably much better than this one.

Overall, the movie 'could' have been finished off in 1 part. But I would do the same and split it into 2 if it were making that much $$$. I give this movie a 8.5/10.

BTW, I still have to see that latest Twilight movie that came out. Never got around to that.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23913
I'll entertain myself with Potter movies but won't obsess with them like some. I have a younger receptionist in my office who is a DIE hard Twilight follower. She takes her husband to every opening on midnight for each film. Since I never saw any of them I couldn't relate or understand her obsession, (and it is one). Like we talked about before, some films make it easy to escape the real world and whisk us away into another dimension. For me I like The Pirates of Caribbean series for just that reason.

Umm, but you won't find my caboose in line at midnight on a Wednesday to see one lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1852
The ONLY movie worth a 'midnite run' is
of course
'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23916
I will retract my last statement. I DID wait in line to see "Batman" back in 1989, at the midnight showing. Horrible experience. Way too many adrenaline pumped teenage kids in the house. I was too but wanted to see the flick without all the nonsense lol. Too much screaming and horseplay.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23917
My God that was 21 years ago.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16036
time flys paul

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23919
Picked up the 2nd Twilight and Expendables today. Whole lot of testosterone in this one lol. We'll see how it goes.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1859
Going to 'Rocky', YOU become part of the show.
Bring rice, Umbrella and all the rest.
Half the audience will have memorized the script.
Well worth doing at least once in a lifetime.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23921
^^^Lol. I keep hearing about that show. Buzzing seats and all. I think I'd like to give it a spin sometime.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23935
Kept indoors most of the day waiting for the herds to lighten up. Took a deep breath and ventured out. Walmart was completely ransacked. Cops were monitoring almost every isle and employees were doing nothing but picking up merchandise off the floor. Apparently there were a couple of kids with magic markers going around crossing off prices on cardboard bins and putting ridiculously lower ones in their places. Just about every checkout had price checks due to the confusion. People were demanding that the newer prices to be honored lol. What a riot.

Anywho I did stumble across a little goldmine. $1.96 DVD movies. Price was legit. I walked away with 13 of either $5 or $1.96 DVDs.

Fantastic 4
Platoon
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
True Lies
Xmen The Last Stand
Unforgiven
Michael Clayton
Gran Torino
I Am Legend

For the kids:

Shorts
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Squeakquel
Some Barbie movie my daughter picked out

Seen all but the two Eastwood movies and Michael Clayton. The lot was only about a $40 investment so I patted myself on the back and high tailed it outta there.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23938
Gran Torino.

Not at all what I expected but I liked it very much. Clint is who is and his perspective on film shows. Just like Heartbreak Ridge. You love him, because of him. Every viewer just HAS to visualize themselves as the author, inside their shoes, telling the story.

A solid 8 out of 10 stars.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1924
Yea i seen Gran Turino before and it is indeed a great movie to watch. Did not expect the movie to turn out the way it did at all, but gladly enjoyed the way it did.

Caught The Blind Side on TV. Missed about the first 15 minutes into the movie. Not sure what/how much I missed. God this movie is good. Some parts can be a bit emotional. Loved the flick. Sandra simply looked amazing. She actred great too lol.

Probably one of the better, if not the best, football themed movies I have seen yet. Another great one I've seen a while back was called The Gridiron Gang. That too was a pretty good flick but nothing compared to this. I will try to catch this movie tomrrow and watch it again, starting from the beginning.

9/10 from me.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23940
Blind Side is indeed a fantastic film. IMO Sandra's best do date. After watching/reading some reviews and commentaries though I was a tad disappointed on the "true story" side of it. Turns out Michael Oher's opinion of his role was that it was slightly skewed to fit Hollywood's taste and that it was fine tuned. No doubt to round out the story making it sell more. Apparently he wasn't happy being portrayed as such a mentally and physically clumsy person.

I suppose all "true stories" in Hollywood are tweaked to a degree to utilize the best possible scenario for a greater return. It kinda shades the meaning behind it to me though. Great film nonetheless.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16045
good pick ups there paul but I wont pick up anything but blurays now though since there so cheap now

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16046
blindside was pretty good to me but not one of my favorite picks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16047
torino wasnt bad to me id watch it again

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1866
Clint Eastwood does nothing but fine work. GT is on my Tivo to watch again list and if I see it in one of the bins, it's mine.

The only exception? That awful thing with Meryl Streep.
I think BOMC was mis-cast and would have been better served is someone else altogether had owned the movie rights. Just my opin.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23948
Agreed. Clint doesn't have the soft edge for romance. He's got that famous hard as nails look and voice, just like Jack Palance, that it just won't go away. Wouldn't want it to.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23952
Picked up a couple tonight. Man on Fire and The Bourne Ultimatum. I was bamboozled lol. The very same $1.96 DVD bins on Friday turned into a pumpkin the next day ($5). Yet another mayhem tactic to draw in the people on black Friday.......that worked. I should have cleaned them out when I had the chance. ***Sigh***

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16052
at least you only lost 6 bucks in the deal...it could have been worse

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23979
Picked up only 4 today.

Eclipse
Destination Forks
Money Pit
Heartbreak Ridge

Watched Man on Fire and boy was I satisfied with it. Not an epic or even Denzel's best but a good action drama with a twisty/warm ending, I suppose. Little long if you have patience like that of a 10 year old but the last 10 minutes makes it worth it. 8/10 stars for me.

Looking forward to Eclipse tonight. DVD just came out today.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1931
Eclipse - Twilight Eclipse?

I just saw the first half hour of it if its the same one. On PPV today so will watch the rest tonight. Seemed pretty good so far.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23981
Yup, the same. I tried to stay away from the series as long as I could in fear that it would turn me into a psychotic teenage girl. Turns out it was pretty good and my son reminded me that it came out this weekend. No lie I've pretty much doubled my DVD collection in the past year and a half to 300+ films. As always a work in progress.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16102
eclipse was pretty good to me too

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23982
Just finished it. Review?

It was good. It's just that I was left with the same taste in my mouth as with the second. Just another sequel with the same story, yet more of it. I expected more of a twist in direction or some surprises.

Bottom line is this film has the same premise as the first. We have a romantic conflict of interest which never gets resolved. BINGO! Next film = next payday.

Lol, not taking anything away from the films at all. They have a very strong appeal, casted well and shot on some of America's best locations for scenery. I'm hooked, I'll admit it. Only because I'm as invested in it as everyone else.

P.S. Never read any of her books. I always believe reading the story first gives you a unique perspective to the story a film can't. In my old age however I'd much rather choose to be lazy lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16106
haha same here im not much of a reader except my bible and nutrition stuff

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16109
im thinking about buying this getysburg movie on dvd since my vhs copy is kinda worn out....its only 5 bucks..... I wanted it on blu ray but its not out yet....made in 1993 its a good movie check it out

http://www.walmart.com/ip/1110051

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16110
I went ahead and ordered it ship to store method....it wasnt in walmart to just buy

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23985
Well my butt will certainly be buying Inception this Tuesday when it comes out. Movie of the year, destined to be on my shelf.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23988
Did a little Xmas shopping and on the side picked up The Mummy trilogy and The Ref. The Mummy because they're cheap thrills and The Ref because Dennis Leary is fricking hilarious.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1932
The first and second movie in the Mummy series were the best. Very enjoyable and comedic at parts. Can't say the about the ones that followed. But the first 2 are great buys.

Never seen The Ref.

Finished Eclipse tonight. Was a fun movie to watch. Kept me entertained for the most part. And definitely more action packed the the others i've seen. Next piece comes out in '11 on by bday . Prob wont go to watch it but who knows.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16124
id like to have the mummy trilogy on blu ray

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16142
I bought pirates of the Caribbean on blu ray brand new on ebay for $10

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24000
Nice.

Picked up inception tonight. Target has the three pack deal going on. You get the Blu ray movie, DVD and digital copy all for $17.99. I just happened to have a $5 gift card from my last visit which brings this trio down to only $12.99.

For the movie of the year?

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24006
Two more today. The Great Outdoors and Jumper. Hard to believe John Candy has been gone as long as he has.

Jumper? Eh, it's looked like a Sci-Fi worth the $5 gamble. We'll see.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16157
how did you like jumper?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24016
Haven't seen it yet. I have like 7 yet to get to.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1351
Have you seen Inception yet Paul? Jumper was ok, not bad, but nothing great either.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16163
I just bought twilight eclipse new on blu ray from ebay for 15.99 shipped

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24022
Saw inception at the theater. Blew my mind away. It's THAT good.

Have not seen Jumper yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24031
Picked up A Christmas Carol with George C Scott and Inside Man.

Just cause.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16171
I just picked up twilight on blu ray new from ebay for 11.50 shipped....all i need is a good deal on new moon

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16173
I just picked up new moon brand new on ebay for $14.00 shipped

so 11.50 for twilight
14.00 new moon
16.99 eclipse

$42.49 for the trilogy shipped and all new on blu ray

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16210
I just got my pirates of the carribean movie now i have to wait until christmas eve to get my lcd tv back

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1941
wow thats quite some money youve spent on movies, even though you've got a great price on them.

I got couple of movies that i got planned for this weekend.
Starts with Toy Story 3. Then the A-Team, then Despicable Me, and will end it off with The Social Network. Will not watch them back to back but will definitely catch them all sometime between today and Sunday .

So glad college is finished for now

But for tonight, Knicks vs. Celtics!!! Can't wait!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16215
i want to see toy story 3...i saw the others...yeah 4 movies $52.56

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24073
Jumper was good. I really didn't expect to be so lol. The story was original and the acting was surprisingly well done. Obviously the ending lays a foundation for a sequel but I doubt that's coming. For a $5 movie it was well worth the price of admission. My son gave it a 8.4/10 rating. I would put it closer to a 7/10 myself.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16227
yeah i liked jumper

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1379
Fast and the Furious 5, Fast Five:

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1945
Wow. I'm pretty sure this movie too will flop.

GOD I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT!!!

Thanks for the trailer SKD. I was missing out.

(now was IMAX really necessary??!!??)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24078
I'll buy it.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1381
I'm sure it will be as good as the last. I thought they were pretty good movies, nothing spectacular, but a "guy's" movie. Cars, women, guns. Should be ok.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16230
ill see it and buy it to finish my collection

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16232
i finally got Gettysburg...im about to pop in the movie

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24100
Got a few more:

All 4 Home Alone movies

Caddyshack

National Lampoon's Vacation

Bruce Almighty

Avatar, 3 disc Extended collector's edition. You get to see EVERYTHING about the making of the film. Pretty frickin' interesting.

Semi-Pro

Tomorrow Salt comes out. Will probably pick it up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16315
cool enjoy

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24105
Watched Platoon last night. Yup, for the first time.

Shame on me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16319
I thought it was good

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24110
Got Salt and The Town today.

Anxious about both.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16327
saw salt but not the town

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24115
Salt was good, just not spectacular IMO. Nice twist 15 minutes from the end but some of the action scenes were very unbelievable. Ending sequence sets up a classic sequel scenario of course.

All in all I say 7 out of 10 stars for me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16342
yeah salt let me down

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24122
The Town.

VERY good! I wished the ending wasn't what it is but overall very satisfying. No spoilers so don't ask for them lol. Many action sequences and well casted. Ben plays his part flawlessly IMO.

Not a 10 but somewhere in the 8-9 neighborhood.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16433
ill have to check that out then

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1950
I've heard The Town is strectched far more than it should have been. Is that correct? Several of my friends advised me not to waste my time on it. It got GREAT ratings, but I didn't come around to seeing it.

I guess another movie comes on the list.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24132
I dunno. I liked it. Like I said not the ending I hoped for but certainly a movie I'll watch again.

Watched Vampires Suck last night. Parody of the Twilight series obviously. Got it for my son who just HAD to have it this Xmas. Funny? Ehh. Worth $20?

No.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16437
i dont like Parody's

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24134
Some are funny as heck.

Meet the Spartans
Not just another teen movie
The naked gun Series
Spaceballs
Airplane
Scary movie series
Hot Shots

Ect, ect, ect.

C'mon dude lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1972
'Ya gotta love SpaceBalls.
They went so fast they went 'plaid'.

May the Schwartz be with you!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16441
nope none of em but the ones i did see i sat through and laughed maybe a little but not my cup of tea

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16450
went to see the new tron...it was decent

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1975
Finally caught the new Harry Potter.

Good stuff and lots of fun. Can't wait to see this wrapped up and finished.
Might be on the 'too buy' list for a weekend 'film festival' to watch the whole thing from git-2-go in a single weekend.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24152
Nice. I was never a "Potter" fan but enjoyed the series as I watched them.

Saw Inside Man tonight. Good but I had some troubles with it. First off the movie started like a B movie IMO. The music score was second rate and I was left with a hollow feeling with the script. It wasn't until after midway that the film started to catch my attention. Denzel was.........ok. Jodie Foster's roll disappointed me a bit considering her resume. Better than average overall I guess.

7/10 stars.......maybe? More like 6/10 in my eyes.

(I'm giving the cast a grading curve lol).

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1951
Lol I enjoyed Inside Man. It was very entertaining for me from the beginning all the way till the end.

I saw Buried couple of nights ago. This movie got an 86% on RT, which is a very good score. It is complete torture watching this movie. From the beginning till the last second. Especially the last second. I will NOT recommend this movie to anyone. I have absolutely no clue how it received such good reviews. Seriously, the active was not 'good'. It was 'somewhat' convincing. But the storyline was even worse. Seemed like a waste of time watching that movie.
I guess for those who watch a movie solely for what it is and not what you want it to be, then by all means give it a shot. If you wanna gain something from watching the movie or want to talk about the movie afterwards, then IMO its not for you.

Till now, i am still asking myself WHY was this movie made. They have a few key points, but not something that requires a $3M budget. Unbelievable. 3/10 from me.
/rant lol

Also saw the A-Team. Was a great and entertaining movie to watch. Action was awesome. Same goes for the Expendables. Storyline was not too good, but the action sequence definitely made up for the loss.

Hmmm, I have Cyrus and Dinner for Schmucks on the list next. Not sure which one I will give a go.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24169
Yeah I never had a reason to see Buried myself. Just wasn't there for me. You liked A-team huh? I never gave it a chance. I assumed it was going to be yet another cheap knock off of the original, which I'm guessing you were too young to watch as religiously as I did. With what they did to the Dukes I figured every other 80's series was next.

Went on a spree today. Mostly spending gift cards from the holiday. Target is having a huge blowout on movies. Just about everywhere I looked I saw $4.75 price tags and not just on older films either. The Departed, Public Enemies, Transformers, The Transporter series, ect, all priced to sell. I picked up 7:

American Gangster
Seven Pounds
Highlander
Public Enemies
The Big Lebowski
Yes Man
Slumdog Millionaire

That last one Skullz is a recommendation from you so I'm sure to enjoy it. All $4.75. I'll probably go back tomorrow and see what titles they have left. Either way I have some watching to do.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1952
Yes, Slumdog was a very good movie to watch. Also won many awards and earned its good reviews.

Yes Man - was not worth the trip to the theaters but it was an OK movie. Definitely seen better from Carrey before. I'm sure you will get a decent laugh from it.

Seven Pounds - decent movie to watch. Movie builds up as you watch it.

I have yet to see American Gangster and the others on your list. I heard Public Enemies and The Big Lebowski are great flicks.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24170
Well I'll give it to you Skullz Slumdog was indeed a good movie. The film shocks you with the harsh realities that inflict so many cultures and societies. Very unique way of using Jamal's life experiences in reaching his goal of answering the questions. I assume the movie was HUGE in India. Over all a good movie with a warm ending. Winner for sure.

Yes Man I got mainly for my son. He's a big fan of Jim Carey and his humor. He recently watched Bruce Almighty and The Truman show and was pretty much on the floor with them both so it was a no brainer to pick it up for him.

Time for my second half of my double feature evening.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1979
well, dude, let us know when you see 'The Big Lebowski'
Great stuff thruout in flashback sort of way. I took up bowling again after seeing this movie for the first time.
I hope you enjoy that one as much as I do catching the rerun on the TV.

The Pink Panther was on last nite. The start a franchise that maybe went a couple films too far. 'A Shot in the Dark' is one of my All-Time favorite movies and 2nd in the series.
The Peter Sellers / Blake Edwards matchup was epic.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24175
Seven Pounds was reeeeeally good. Much better than I expected. The story just tugs you along up until the very end, and makes you want more. At first the story is shot full of holes that only time will fill so if you're not the patient type this isn't for you. Overall a great message and inspiring to say the least. 8/10 for me.

The Big Lebowski is probably next.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24178
Happy new year to all. Let's hope this coming year brings us movies worth watching.

I have to admit Leo watching The Big Lebowski had me looking for my bowling bag and shoes too lol. That and I kept having the urge to make myself a white Russian. Hmmmmm.

Good flick that was fun to watch. Definitely a stoner movie. Hey, all he wanted was his rug replaced.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1953
Happy New Year to all as well.

Saw Knowing on TV today. It started off very good and kept me entertained. I hate to see good movies go to the sh!tters because of bad endings. This is another one of those types of movies. It could have been such a great flick if they re did he last half hour of the movie. I am a fan of Nic Cage and he did not disappoint in this movie. Acting was good, just the ending was crap.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24181
I agree. The majority of the film leads you to an outcome that doesn't do the film justice, in a sense. I'm a fan of Cage which prompted me to buy it, however, after seeing it I would have been contempt with watching it on tv as you did.

Saw Yes Man with Jim Carey. Hands down Jim makes this movie what ever it is. The humor is predictable but like most of his movies you watch BECAUSE of Jim. That's why he's casted in so many films, even outside his realm of expertise. For me this was just another cookie cutter comedy spiced up by Jim's talent. Any other actor would've drug my rating down past 5/10 stars, but because I'm still fond of his charisma I rate it 7/10. My son will enjoy it I'm sure.

On deck? American Gangster.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24185
American Gangster. I was impressed to say the least. As always a good performance from Denzel and Russell. An eye opening alternate view of the oh so famous Italian mafia we've seen so much of in films like The Godfather and Goodfellas. I was kinda shocked that it took so long into the film for both to actually meet on screen. Very long as well. The unrated version is 3 hours in length.

I give it a 8/10 rating IMO.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1985
Jim Carey is an interesting study.
I think he is able to take chances with his choice of roles. Sometimes is works....sometimes not.
'The Truman Show' was terrific and perhaps even scary in a paranoid way.
I LOVED Fun With Dick and Jane....and Yes, I know it was a remake!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24189

quote:

I LOVED Fun With Dick and Jane....and Yes, I know it was a remake!

Never seen it lol. Now I HAVE to.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1954
You really never seen it? Lol, it is a great movie to watch. Probably one of the better ones of Carrey that I've loked.

Did you see the Number 23?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24192
Nope. Never even heard of it.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1956
Good. Keep it that way lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24206
Picked up Transporter 3, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Beethoven's Big Break and Race to Witch Mountain for the kids. Transporter 3 is tonight. Got it just to round out the trilogy.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid because, well, because. Yes the original 1969 version with Paul Newman and Robert Redford.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us