Poltergeist region 2 DVD

Bronze Member
Username: Jblsince1989

Post Number: 22
Upload

Well I've viewed it head it and felt it and I can't fault this one in any department its, sound. Some re-mixes that often turn up on DVD yes, are really naff, but this one is perfect throughout the running time. The opening starts off with the national anthem, that played over all channels and then fades into the centre channel with isolated discreteness on the rest of the channels, cool.

Dialogue panning of "Coral Anne" over to the front right channel well the centre is free in the Dolby 5.1 mix, the Dolby 4.2.4 mix common to crosstalk has part of child's yelling, its also head on the monaural surround. So no there wasn't any fault. Chapter 10 has a few bumps and rumblings that occasionally come in on the LFE.1 to add a little support. Most of the rumblings was coming from the matching three-screen JBL control 5 and 1 arrays that is set-up in the active crossover mode performed marvellously even at moderate high sound pressure levels, tornado sound effects and other ghostly sounds in the children's bedroom. Toys and other items being sucked into the other world...

Image framed at 2.40:1 exhibited a slight loss around 15% on the Toshiba CRT, TV monitor, I noticed the loss when I compared the screen capture taken from the pc DVD-Rom player. Only a good video projector would be a final solution, something I'll have to wait for at a later time.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Scream that head off "Carol Anne!"

After going over it and over there's nothing wrong with this sequence with "Coral Anne" getting pulled into the other side between this world and ghostly world. Lots of rumbling going on outside the house with the tornado, while in the bedroom all hell is being unleashed! My heart goes out for (Heather O'Rourke) for that loud (screen scream) what a scream chocks me up the last scream does has she clings on for dear life but the suction force is just too great...

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

The strings and mild percussion choir voices orchestrate a wild cinematic sequence, has she desperately screams out for her mommy and no longer able to hold on to the bed, she's whisked away into the other.

Upload

37 miniutes.11 seconds a nice deep rolling wave of LFE.1 support sucks "Carol Anne" into the closet!

Upload

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15623
Classic!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
^^^I, agree don't think it would have been anything else without out the craftsmanship and talents of the ILM team that created the wizardy effcets it still wows me, 26 years on!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15705
^^^Just like Jurassic park. The effects in that film equal todays capabilities and certainly set a benchmark in the film industry. Jurrasic park was one of the reasons I wanted an 18" HT sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Note: The surround effects on the Dolby stereo 4.2.4 mix are faint sounding when compared to the Dolby six-track version.

Upload

When "Freeling" opens the child's bedroom door the first sounds that appear is distant on the monaural surrounds, the sound of some cogs winding around as the camera gets near and then shows the POV the monaural surrounds go mute for short duration, this is normal in six-track mixes.

Upload

Upload
POV shot
Upload
monaural surrounds still muted
Upload
As the bedside lamp pulls away there's a sound of moving towards the fronts from the (monaural surrounds) the Hulk on a hoarse it then later pulls away from the paranormal investigators.

Then goes mute for a brief moment until a book appears flapping and the pages in front of the investigators, while they look in total amazement at what is happening in the room.
Upload
Upload
A compass creates a threatening moment as it heads straight towards "Dr. Lesh" startled she covers her face!
Upload
If you listen real hard, you'll here a (Tie-fighter) flying around the room amongst the cacophony of assorted sounds overlapping one another. Look to the left and side se the (Tie-fighter) slightly above the record!
Upload
The monaural surrounds then go mute, while in Dolby stereo 4.2.4 this would be constant due to the crosstalk from fronts left and right and centre channel.
Upload

Well that was a rather short but exhausting post, time for a cup of tea now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us