War of the Worlds

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5267
I watched this movie today with my gf and my dad, and i must say it was pretty bad.lol They spent most of the movie in a basement..

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5544
It's funny how when they were trying to ge to the ex-wife's house that they had very clear road ahead of them...LOL! All other cars are stuck on the freeway but they were zig-zagging merrily along.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5303
Also Tom Cruise didnt have 2 kill that guy that was in the basement with them he could have just calmed him down. Also the way he swurved to miss the lady with the baby, im sorry but in that kind of a setting i would have ran over everybody in my way

Gold Member

Post Number: 5604
Saddest part was I actually sat through the whole movie. Horrble stuff!

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 674
lol i think i fell alseep during it i was expectinbg more from it

Gold Member

Post Number: 5631
The height of boring...Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5653
Yo, fellas, my stalker is at it again:-)

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/186923.html

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5410
That's F^cked up

Gold Member

Post Number: 5703
Boy's got no imagination, though, lol!

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 712
I still have to see War of the Worlds. It's Spielberg after all! OK, so nobody's infallable: Spielbergs worst movie? War of the Worlds or maybe....."Hook"?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/war_of_the_worlds/

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 1338
John S'

Oh you will like the LFE.1 output on this, use caution on this film.

Also it's up for an Academy Award nomination for Best Sound and Sound Effects Editing.

Chapter 6 though to chapter 7 is darn loud, with peaks easily in the 105dbC Weighting for each of the three-screen channels on my JBL sound system.

With LFE.1 at 115dbC Weighting on the JBL 4645 professional cinema
THX sub bass.

Split-surrounds are very engaging, where some sound effects, come to play in vital key moments, and in other parts it's the "John Williams" score taken over on the split-surrounds.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 699
i think it had very good sepcial effects just wish they did some stuff diffrent during it

Gold Member

Post Number: 5708
It's not all about the sound. If the story line is really awful, who cares how many awards they win or what kind of ultra-modern state of the art doodads they applied to the film.

But then again you have all that equipment to play with so you can evaluate the sound of each movie:-)

Welcome back

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5460
Most movies that win awards now-adays are not very derserving

Gold Member

Post Number: 5753
Forget the awards... I like what I like awards or not.

Upload

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5470
^^Wasnt he green all over

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5471
or clear

Gold Member

Post Number: 5760
call artistic liberties... LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 5761
heck, he can be any color he wants.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 714
^^Wasnt he green all over
or clear
heck, he can be any color he wants.

This is actually The Ugly One's cousin. He lives in NYC.

With LFE.1 at 115dbC Weighting on the JBL 4645 professional cinema
THX sub bass.

Ashley, I take it you live in a country estate with no near-by neighbors. Thanks for the heads up. My towers with self-powered woofers do a good job, with useable bass down to 30Hz @ about 70dBC. Welcome back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1342
John S'

The answer to the question John' is yes I do have a neighbour that lives above me though her living room is not directly above, except the kitchen, and she is a crazy as they come, so when she plays music with the windows wide open and sound pressure level can be heard for up to 200 hundred feet or more down the alleyway, but I'm not complaining, just stating the facts with use of a SPL db meter, and it never lies.

Anyway I hope the towers can play this awesome mix from the Skywalker Sound team whom have produced a real cracking one since "Saving Private Ryan" and "Titanic", I wish them good luck on February 31st Sunday.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5789
February 31st???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1343
Berny'

Yip that's when then start, to hand out the golden boy. And this year his 78!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1344
Berny'

Yip that's when then start, to hand out the golden boy. And this year his 78 this year!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5794
Explain this bizarre Feb 31st occurrence. February has only 28 days this year.

You're killn' me Ashley:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1351
Berny'

LOL

Sorry I'm still stuck in a time wrap, 28th of February 2006, that's the big night they handout the golden boy, and this year he's 78 years old.

Ashley

Gold Member

Post Number: 5904
Oh geez...you had me all curious about such a strange date...waiting for a punch line.

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 726
I thought Ashley was using a different calendar, so I did some research. Apparently the closest to Feb. 31 anybody got were the ancient Egyptians. They divided the year into twelve months of thirty days each. Every five years they caught up by adding five days. Those five days were an excuse for a big party.
Upload

ROBERT10
Unregistered guest
Does Anyone Have Emma Watsons Email

Gold Member

Post Number: 1354
LOL

Thanks for that John S' "walk like an Egyptian"

I was simple thinking ahead too far I guess.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7600
Bayonne Bridge

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8595
k now i'm really Mr. Johnny come lately in that 2night was the 1st time ever i saw this movie since it just came out on HBO

From what i posted in other threads u all may remember i dont care none of tom cruise' movies cause they ALWAYS put him as Mr. Tough hero status .
U must realise they put him in this movie as a crowd puller & TADAAAAA ! he came out alive !.

Now honestly i admit this movie was very suspenseful & had u wondering wtf is this really happens in real life then we r all screwed ! - storyline was ok & catchy .

If some of u remember the war of the world tv series on scifi channel (early 90s i believe) then this movie could have been like the prequel 2 the events of that series which i used 2 watch alot .....

Bronze Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 63
got to admit that the audio was awesome tho

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3548

quote:

in that kind of a setting i would have ran over everybody in my way

haha, that seen was messed up...when the people started clawing on the broken glass and getting blood everywhere...followed by the gun crap. That was one of my most hated scenes of the movie. And yeah, overall it was a pretty horrible show.

Though, I actually went to Universal Studios last summer. They still have the plane crash scene setup where he walks out of the basement of the house and there's the plane sideways with the reporters wandering around. It was an extremely cool setup and incredibly intricate-the size of the scene itself was amazing. I saw it on the studio tour. The coolest part of the trip (as unrelated as this might seem) was we got a VIP pass because my father has a bad back (so he's legally handicapped). There are two lines at Universal Studios, the VIP pass line, and regular line. The VIP lines were only four or five people long while the regular lines were hundreds of people long (The VIP lines are like the Fast pass lines at Disneyland, only better). We got to see all attractions, events, everything except for the fear factor show (we could have, but we were at the Jurassic park ride when it was showing) in one day, with four hours to spare before the park was going to close. I highly recommend the VIP pass if anyone here is going to Universal Studios in the future.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8217
how much $$$ ???

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3622
I think it was $20-$40 a person (Don't remember the exact cost). Expensive, I know, but great if you don't like waiting in lines. Because of the expense, most people don't buy it and therfore the VIP lines are always small to nobody being in line.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8927
$140 per person. Great perks, I highly recommend it.

Silver Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 162
its probably worth it though

Gold Member

Post Number: 8969
Yes it is!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help