Archive through June 30, 2005

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 928
Please keep this one picture free Andy. It is difficult to read the posts that are between yours that is why I have started this new thread. If you want to show us a picture please provide a link. Thank you.

I posted this info on another thread but it was dreadfully close to a messy picture of something which played h e l l with my appetite.

"Standing in the Shadows of Motown" now $5.50 at Wal Mart. Run don't walk to your local much hated Wallyworld and pick this one up. If you love Motown music this is a "can't miss" DVD.

***** Highly Recommended

Eddie if you don't have it you need it. Unless you just hate Motown you will love this one.

Just bought 7 movies today (real cheap)

Blown Away
The Legend of Bagger Vance
Courage Under Fire
The Bone Collector (been on bit of a Denzel tear of late)
A Knights Tale
The Sum of All Fears
Wild Things

Should be fun!

Bronze Member
Username: Dodgedifferent2

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
A Knights Tale and Sum of all Fears are really good movies.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 990
Art,

depends on what you mean by "Motown." I like most jazz and RnB but not stuff like Luther Vandross or Sade---way too breathy and sugary-sweet.

But your film does have a 92% Tomato rating, that's VERY impressive! I'll give it a look...just hate digging through those huge jumbled up DVD bins at Walmart though, grrr!

Silver Member

Post Number: 991
BTW, I like the "no pics" prohibition on this thread...hear, hear, Andy Summers!!!

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 932
Motown is a record label Edster. I don't like Luther either and he ain't motown. I hate diggin' through the bins too but this one is worth it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 993
yeah it's a record label but "Motown" is also used to describe a specific genre of music isn't it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 995
and Art if you ever tried Netflix I guarantee you you'll never go near those Walmart bins ever again!

Just sign up for their free 2 week trial, you'll see what I'm talking about. At the very least you can use it as a way to preview which movies you really want to purchase later.

I've seen so many hard-to-find films through them it's unbelievable.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 933
No it is a record label. That label recorded the best Detroit pop in the sixties and early seventies. After they moved to LA in the seventies the label lost it's soul. Netflix ain't for me I buy movies I don't rent them.

A sampling of classic Motown acts:

Stevie Wonder
The Supremes
Marvin Gaye
The Four Tops
The Temptations
Smokey Robinson
Marta Reeves and the Vandella's

Behind each one of those acts is one band...The Funk Brothers and that's what "Standing in the Shadows" is about.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1384
The bone collector and courage under fire are good. I like golf as much as the best guy, but I never watched the bagger vance movie. Having an 'hacker' actor with a terrible swing impersonating someone who can beat the best the didnt catch my interest.

However, golf comedies are cool. Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore rule!!

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 936
Maybe I'll try Netflix sometime. I must admit that I am getting curious.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 484
Today we watched "Hostage(2005)" great flic . That "mars" dude really creeped me out but I think that's the best movie Bruce has done since Die Hard> Then I watched "Ricochet", Denzels first real breakthrough for me good flic but terrible dvd(picture was awful and dolby 2.0). I will close the night with a little HDN and maybe some police wildest vids if I can stay up.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 939
Sounds like a full evening Joseph.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1392
I watch HDN some last night. They had some fights on:-) Any sports are fun to watch in HD.

fingersaretoobig!
Unregistered guest
Lol a knights tale is such a horrible movie.

Matrix revolution baby.. Mech warrios shootin the Sh!t outa everything.

And you CANNOT beat Cammando, predator, or True Lies! Bloodsport, double impact, are exxxxcellent movies!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1395
Isnt Knights Tale a chick flick??

fingersaretoobig!
Unregistered guest
got that right paul. lol i agree with u on somethin.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 940
No Paul it's a movie.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1399
So are Chick Flicks, only their target audience is of the female gender.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1003
Bloodsport, Double Impact---all those Van Damme movies are just hilarious! I see them as unintentional comedies. The acting and dialogue is horrendous and the fight scenes are so fake they always have me in stitches.

Steven Seagall movies are also unintentional comedies, though Seagall occasionally does do a few things that at least RESEMBLE aikido.

POLL QUESTION: who's the most comically incompetent actor in action flicks?

I'd say a tossup between Sylvester Stallone and Steven Seagall, with Van Damme coming a close second. Haven't seen Vin Diesel yet though.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 119
OH COME ON NOW. Rocky, the original, is a classic and Stallone acted in that one. See his original "Lords of Flatbush" for a comparison. Yeah, several flicks after that could be the same character.

Seagall and Van Damme can't act their way out of a paper bag. Show me one film in which Van Damme didn't find a way to do the splits in order to show his inflexibility, I think. I'm with you on the unintentionally funny part, though. Gotta go home now, talk at ya later.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1013
Stallone did well in Rocky I and First Blood because he mainly kept his mouth shut, except for a few grunts here and there.

"Lords of Flatbush" I haven't seen...

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 953
Edster I would say it's Van Damme as Seagall occasionally does fun movies that gel, though not for awhile. Stallone has done a couple of movies that worked.

Paul what is your definition of a chick flick? Just curious. I like a lot of movies regardless of the target audience. Some I must admit are just too targeted such as "First Wives Club". I just can't go there.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 487
Paul would probably consider "the notebook " a chick flic, but I absolutely loved that film.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 958
Yeah Joseph I'm afraid I like some "chick flicks" as well.

fingersaretoobig!
Unregistered guest
The notebook has got to be the most, boring, most lame, biggest chick flick ever created. Good flick to watch with a chick if ya wanna get laid though.

So what if Van Damme's movies are fake? 95% of whats out there already is fake! Like the notebook for example. Thats not real, thats so lame its funny to watch because its so fake. Yeah Van Damme can fight, and he does all the fighting very well, fake, but very enjoyable to watch. Double impact, and quite a few other movies he had to play dual roles. To eatch his own, i personally love all the van damme movies.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 490
yes to "eatch" is own.

Bronze Member
Username: Jimvm

Louisiana U.S.A.

Post Number: 89
When it comes to bad acting, Stallone, Seagall and Van Damme can't hold a candle to Keanu Reaves -- IMHO, of course.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1015
fingers,

how do you now Van Damme can really fight? I think he's just a pretty-boy musclehead. Put him up against any half decent pro boxer in his weight class and I'll bet he'd be toast.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1016
Jim,

yep Keanu is pretty awful but not as SCREAMING awful as those 3. I'd put in the same category as Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise: competent when playing certain roles but embarassingly bad whenever asked to display a broader range.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1027
Saw "K-Pax" last weekend...not bad! Now there's a man who can act circles around these action-flick lunkheads: Kevin Spacey!

Awesome in "The Usual Suspects" and "American Beauty."

Gold Member

Post Number: 1419
I lump many of the love story/romance movies as chick flicks. Sure, many movies have a romance element......I mean c'mon, even Rambo stole a kiss in First Blood2......LOL

The ones where the entire plot is the love story.....whoah....they have chick flick written all over them. What was that movie where the Civil War solier went AWOL and the entire movie was him trying to return to Tom Cruises X-wife??? Now THAT my friends, is a chick flick!!! I wouldnt know the name, since I never watched it:-)

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 967
Kevin Spacey has real charisma. He and Russell Crowe both have incredible presence on film.

Hey I love action flicks but they have to have some redeeming value.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 493
Yes like L.A. Confidential!!! great movie, I think Seven is Spacey's best though.

fingersaretoobig!
Unregistered guest
See, but Van Damme is all about the just sittn back, enjoy the movie, where you see people beat the hell outa one another. Now that is just movie, after a hard day, do just lie back, throw on DTS or Dolby, and listen to the explosions fill the house.

Now ill go into the other one. Sit back, try and relax to, some chick flick, Throw on DTS or Dolby digital, and listen to some sappy song throughout the whole entire movie, with nothing but dialog. Atleast those movies give your center channel a good workout. But for me, i need explosions, killing, brutal kicking @ss action! i cannot stand the, oh darling, i love you, oh sweety i love you too. "oh darling, whats that rocket launcher for?" "oh nothin sweety just gonna blow up an army base" Lol now theres a movie with a hint of romance.

Like True Lies for example, I cannot stand jaime lee curtis but the movie had family issues, and marriage issues. So action, and romance, and some comedy too.. Haha specially whent he guy always p'd himself Lmao.

But like i said to eatch is own, i personally have always liked van damme because he makes fun movies, with quirky humour. Like "hey bro, we did it!" "did what? You F!ucked up!" lol that always gives me a good laugh.

So paul, i will have to agree with you on this thread. Plus that SVS you got there, must be awesome for explosions! I too have an SVS!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1435
yep,
I agree with your movie choices. I also agree that SVS rules!! Eventhough I have all types of movies ranging from Horror, comedy, Drama, Action, fantasy, and Sci-fi(no chick flicks), I found that I've been gravitating much more towards the big epic flicks with impressive LFE effects since I bought my SVS. Watching my old 'favorites' for the first time with a killer sub is like a whole new experience.

In fact, I need to start thinking about what I should get for my new 'movie of the week'. Hmmmm....The new releases this week arent overly exciting, so I'll probably buy a classic of some sort. I might buck the LFE trend, and get the new Vin Diesel movie(The Pacifier), but havnt decided yet. Constatine will be released pretty soon, and that'll be sweeeeeet, and a definite must buy!!!

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 435
The pants on fire! with Vin Diesel, man no comment on that one....

Silver Member

Post Number: 436
Or you can try a rerun of "Pitch Black" "Do not know who they are F**king with!"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1437
yea, pitch black was great. I rented it when it was new, and finally bought my own copy a few weeks ago. After buying The chronicles of Riddick, I new my collection wouldnt be complete without backtracking and getting Pitch Black too.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 121
Paul has found his long lost brother, it seems. How can you not like, "Sleepless in Seattle," "When Harry Met Sally," "Shakespeare in Love" or many others that would be considered "chick flicks", classics to be, each and every one.

Now, "Howard's End" and some of those ilk, BORING!!, although I go, smile and tell my lovely wife "how cultured they were" then hope she doesn't invite me to the opera the next weekend - OK my testerone got the best of me there at the end, I even like the opera on occasion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
I haven't got "The chronicles of Riddick" is it that good is it in "Panavision" scope, and is the Dolby six-track mix like the last one full of lots of low end, also do you have an SPL meter to take readings of the highest peak in the C weighting range, as this may convince in buying the film like you said, "complete without backtracking!"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1442
David,

Let's not forget....."You've got Mail".

HEH

Andy,
The chronicles of Riddic is 'way' better than Pitch Black. As for that other crap???....you'll just have to figure that out for yourself.

Silver Member

Post Number: 444
What you got this SVS without know for sure how loud in scientific terms it, will go to.

Come on, please lets have some data, Paul you rate the SVS as the sub bass to end all sub bass units in the competition, go on get the SPL out the wife wont mind, the SPL meter, you can start a new thread how will the SVS plays with the motion picture films past and present, really I like to know, has I have a friend looking for a new sub bass and seeing the picture of the SVS sub bass in the corner of the room the size of it is big.

fingersaretoobig!
Unregistered guest
Im sorry.. But how can anyone like "the chronicles of Riddick" That movie was so dumb. so cheezy and oh god lol just dont get me started.

A classic which is awesome is "Predator" with arnie. The scene where the black dude finally sees him and has the rail gun and just goes NUTS! then they all jump in and blast the flaming hell outa the forest for like 5mins straight! so good! had to replay that scene over a couple times!

but i still dont know how you guys can like Pitch black, and the other Crappy riddick one.

but as for chick flicks.. nothing beats a walk to remember, with the moore chick. although she is smokin hott.. the movie is blah!!! shoot me now!

The pacifier is actually a good movie.. pretty funny. "hey ma'am...hey baby" lol!

Silver Member

Post Number: 449
I can see this thread going totally to pieces, that crack about "The Chronicles of Riddick" made me laugh, boy keep them coming....

Hahahaha......

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 520
It was Jesse "The Body" Ventura that was cutting down trees with his M60 in Predator.

Silver Member

Post Number: 453
Jesse "The Body" Ventura cutting down the trees to size.
Man I'm tempted to put a picture of that one hear, who has the bottle to do it....

Fingersaretoobig
Unregistered guest
No, it was after Jesse The body Ventura died, and the black guy took his M60 and started blastin everythin. then everyone else jumped in!

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
Yeah that's it....

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
Do you have a picture of it....

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 978
Be good Andy you have a whole thread to post pictures on. Action movies are fun but as I said earlier I like them to have some redeeming value (sort of).

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
Gotha, just playing with you mate....
Hahaha....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1031
as with all things, there are GOOD chick flicks and then there are LOUSY chick flicks.

some good ones:
"When Harry Met Sally"
"Annie Hall"
"Manhattan"
"13 Conversations About One Thing"
"Sex Lies & Videotape"
"Ordinary People"'
"Henry & June"
"Thelma & Louise"
"Bend It Like Beckham" (Keiran Knightley at her absolute MOST yummy!)

some lousy ones:
"Waiting to Exhale"
"Steel Magnolias"
"Boys On The Side"
"Pretty Woman"
"Bridget Jone's Diary"
"Four Weddings & A Funeral"
"Sleepless In Seattle"

I can't remember too many of the lousy ones since I tend to avoid them---it's easy to spot, the LOUSY chick flicks are the ones which are deliberately and self-consciously marketed as chick flicks, very manipulative and stereotypical.

The good ones are the ones that just happen to attract a sizable female audience on their own merits---mainly because most women usually are not so big into car chases and loud explosions every ten seconds.

The criteria is the same as with all other genres: is the plot predictable? Are the characters interesting or made of cardboard? Does it take all the usual corny, focus-group @ss-licking copouts or does it take some real creative chances?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1446
LOL.........Thelma and louise wasnt a chick flick!!

HEH.....

Just because the leads were women, doesnt make it a chick flick. How do you equate a movie about two women driving around the country on a murdering rampage as a chick flick??

That movie had more things in common with your typical 'blowemup' VanDamme movie than it did anything else.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
Yes it's a Bird flick alright, got that one nice looking is the scenery's and the sound mix is a pucker.

fignersaretoobig!
Unregistered guest
I suppose that one good chick flick was with meg ryan, and mathew broddrick. And that one french guy that was on Kiss of the Dragon.. Oh that was also a GREAT movie! Just watched "The one" last night.. Another great one! "i am ulof, i am nobodies b!tch, you are mine!" Jet Li is Excellent!

The Rock is comming up pretty good in the action movies. Doin pretty well too. I enjoy all of his movies he has made. I havent seen the recent ones like Be Cool, but Scorpion king, Walking tall (which i just watched tonight), and the run down, Were excellent!

But one of the greats has got to be Die Hard! With Bruce, and Alan Rickman. Specialy the part where bruce, toss' the dude outa the window and lands on the cop car.. "welcome to the party pall" haha i have that as my cell phone ring tone.

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
Die Hard is a F*%Cking classic toss' the dude outa the window and lands on the cop car, yes that is really funny the whole cinema burst out laughing wow 1989 dame classic, I have a friend and her 8 year old son likes Die Hard, I said don't you mind its got a lot of swearing in it, No, she said......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1042
Paul, there's one AMAZING "chick flick" you absolutely *HAVE* to watch:

"Baise Moi" --- yep it's French but trust me you'll love it. Gotta Netflix it though. Or buy it from Amazon.

Watch it with your wife, she'll love it too just you wait.

The greatest chick flick of all time, I tell you!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1451
no thanks

I try to save those artsy/fartsy frenchie movies for special occasions.

HEH

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
What about Amelie, she'll change your life Paul....

That's some hot tasty bird too....

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 986
Your list is interesting Edster. But my opinion on some of those movies is way different.

Very Bad
Sex Lies and Videotape
Manhatten

Good
Boys on the Side
Bridget Jones Diary

Far Better
Amelie

One of these days I'll go through my movies and make a list of "chick flick" classics.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1047
I enjoyed "Amelie" too but thought it was kind of fluffy. Kind of like that other chocolate movie she was in, forget the name.

BTW my rec of "Baise Moi" to Paul was tongue in cheek. It's basically an arthouse p0rno movie. The p0rno scenes are pretty good but otherwise the plot and acting is horrible. It was billed as "the French Thelma and Louise," heh heh.

fingersaretoobig!
Unregistered guest
haha right on.. p0rn is commin now. loll

Gold Member

Post Number: 1477
TONIGHT IS MOVIE NIGHT!!!!
heh....

Im gonna fire up the HT soon, but have not decided what movie.

PS
I picked up a few Heine's too:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 495
Paul

"Is it safe"...

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 499
marathon man good one, one of my fav b movies is escape from NY

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
You may not like the picture

"Marathon Man" now http://www.subliminalworld.org/gibbssr2.jpg that is a film that whole scene alone as, well put me off, need I say more....

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
"Now where's the president"

"Arr the duke got him everybody knows the duke got him"

"Who's the duke?"

"The duke of New York, the big man that's who"

"I want to meet this duke"

"You can't meet the duke, you meet him once then you're dead"

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
"Nice...Beaver"...

"Thank you I've just had it stuffed"

fingersaretoobig
Unregistered guest
right on, the p0rn is startin! LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 500
I'm just gonna have to learn and forget.

That's why I took my vacation in Beirut-to get her out of my mind
to find some peace.

It won't be easy.

Everywhere I look something reminds me of her.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1483
Bei...where?

LOL

C'mon....

Hey, I here Sudan is nice this time of year:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
Paul

Got me stumped there on that one ....

Anonymous

You guys have missed the greatest movie of all time.

Titanic!!!!!

Anonymous

Titanic!!!!!

Anonymous

Titanic!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
He is a broken record, got the film and the special Edition is due out soon, look at Oscar for best sound & sound effects editing....TITANIC coming soon......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1486
Well, I'll give the broken record credit.

The Titanic might be the only 'chick flick' that I ever liked,

I like movies set in different periods, and the way they put that movie together, and its massive epic presentation...........well, I did enjoy that flick and have it in my collection.

And yes Andy,
The Sudan sounds like as much fun as that other place you mentioned......LOL

fingersaretoobig!
Unregistered guest
Jack...Jaccckk! im so cold...im so cold.... rose im sinking.. Jack!! jaack!! "blub blub blub"

Has got to be the most boring movie ive ever seen. i fell asleep in the theatre when i went to see it... got smacked after that one. Whole theatre was crying.. haha oh brother!

Anonymous

Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!

I love you in Changing Rooms!!!!!

Anonymous

Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!
Hallo there Handy Andy!

I love you in Changing Rooms!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1054
Andy,

so you've actually been to Beirut yourself? I've always been curious about that city. I know that before their civil war, Beirut was known as "the Paris of the Middle East" and it's always been known as the liveliest, most laid back Arab city even during their civil war. Also almost every Lebanese woman I've ever met during my travels as well as here in the States has been VERY tasty!

I'd love to go there myself, were it not for a lingering fear of being kidnapped by Hezbollah, LOL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
Who the hell is this tom dick and Harry....

Anonymous

Do you have an identity, and if so why keep it "Anonymous"

We won't bite you...

So come on in as registered, be part of the team.

Silver Member

Post Number: 511
Edster922

No, that was a quote from "The Naked Gun", sorry about that.....

And dame funny films too, "Leslie Nielson" is a riot, man the guy cracks me up....

Anonymous

It is much funner this way Handy Andy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1059
saw "Ocean's Twelve" last night...beautifully shot film, very stylish yet self-mocking, even if the plot is hopelessly convoluted and full of holes.

Loved the music on the soundtrack, whoa my Ascends were singin' indeed! Surprised at the relative lack of LFE and surround sound FX though, I actually went to the trouble of hooking up the back speakers for a change.

The director, Steven Soderbergh is amazing. Some other films of his:

"Sex Lies & Videotape"
"Out of Sight" (Jennifer Lopez actually does some decent acting here)
"Traffic"
"Ocean's Eleven"
"Erin Brockovich"

In my neck of the woods they've recently come out with these red DVD-rental vending machines, 99 cents a pop per night. The selection is mostly big-budget Hollywood crap but OK on a night when I just want to watch some fluff like yesterday.

Silver Member

Post Number: 513
That's right, I can also play this game too, think about it, hell lets all just registrar as "Anonymous,"

Anonymous

Thats right!!!! Andy Summers is a faggort.

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
"Anonymous," is British guys as changing rooms is a British tv show, though not sure if it's been seen in the U.S.A though....

So there's the first clue, the games a foot....

Anonymous

They've run it once or twice on TLC, and Handy Andy has been on Trading Spaces. Good attempt to guess though faggort.

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
Sticks & stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me....

You going to have to try a little harder than that pal.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1061
anon,

I'm curious, what do you have against g a y people?

Anonymous

Nothing. They don't really concern me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1065
oh. so you're just trying to harass Andy? OK.

Silver Member

Post Number: 516
Though I think it maybe MiX? As some his last posts did have huge black spots in them, bigger than the Merseyside tunnel....

Just look at the size of the gaps wider than an American football field...

Anonymous

Edster: Among other things.

Andy: Nope

Bronze Member
Username: Jimvm

Louisiana U.S.A.

Post Number: 93
Just saw The War of the Worlds. It was entertaining but IMO not as good as some are making it out to be. As with many movies of this ilk, the special effects was the star. Cruise was better than usual but little Dakota Fanning was excellent.

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
"War of the Worlds" opens hear in the UK on July 1st 2005, though I really don't know what cinema to see it in as Bournemouth as got naff cinemas with no real bass sub bass and L.F.E power, I may look towards London as there is a few THX cinemas there, that will guarantee me a true presentation.

Hell I'm straight as a red arrow?

And my marital status doesn't concern you, "Anonymous" if you where half of a real man, then you wouldn't use fake name like "Anonymous" would you...

Anonymous

I already know you're married Handy Andy. That doesn't mean you aren't a faggort though.

Ohh and my name is actually Anonymous. I have clever parents.

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
Edster922

Steven Soderbergh's "SOLARIS" great acting and six-track Dolby mix too, mixed in "Swelltone Theatre" and the SDDS 8 channel format, man they should stick this on the new HD-DVD format as Dolby and dts are getting a little less exciting, think about it five screen channel wow, just like the 70mm Todd-Ao days....

Also is Ocean's Eleven" "Erin Brockovich are SDDS 8 channel look at the end credits....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1490
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh......

Movie of the night....

"White Noise"
Since I started late, I didnt want a big loud action flick, and something spooky seemed to fit the bill.

Good flick..........even the 2nd time. Even with movies like this not being played at reference levels, the SVS makes a difference:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us