Sony KF-60WE610 - Can non HDTV picture quality be improved?

Unregistered guest
I have the Sony KF-60WE610 and get some HDTV channels through my Cable provider. DVD's and the HDTV channels look great, but in comparison non-HDTV channels look really grainy. Does anyone know of any settings that can be tweaked on the KF-60WE610 to improve the quality of non HDTV broadcasts? My cable box is hooked up to the TV using component video cables.

Username: Hampshire

Post Number: 5
Sorry, not much you can do to a low resolution signal be it cable, satellite, or over the air.
To take advantage of HD signals that will become more commonplace in the future you will need a HD convertor box/receiver $300-$800 as well as a HD cable box upgrade from your provider or HD satellite dish.

Anonymous

Unless you have a HD tuner attached to your Sony you should not be getting any benefit of HD signals from your cable provider.

Rob O.
Unregistered guest
I got a special HD cable box from my cable company so I don't need a separate HD receiver. This however, limits me to the HD Channels my cable provider currently provides, i.e., HBO HDTV, CBS HDTV and about 5 others. The cable box they supplied is the 4200HD from Scientific Atlanta.

Anonymous

Sweet. Do you pay more monthly for a HD cable box?

Rob O.
Unregistered guest
No, the monthly cost is the same, but they charged me $30 to come out and install the box, which I could have easily done myself. The cable company would not give me the HD cable box unless they installed it, which I found strange.

umr
Unregistered guest
More info on how to get the best PQ from these sets is in this thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=331875

TheBobGoat
Unregistered guest
there are some
Digital Video Essentials
AVIA
and Sound and Vision...

get them at amazon.com, good prices -- i just ordered DVE for 20 bucks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help