Akai Plasma TV: no HDTV picture

Unregistered guest
Even after reading ALL the postings on this website there remains some mystery. I own an AKAI PDP 4290 (42 inch Plasma screen from Costco)

a. I see only a white/blue picture on both component inputs (1&2). I've a Bose28 Lifestyle System and a Comcast HDTV Cable Box connected to that inputs and the astonishing fact is: this worked for some days until I made some arrangements and disconnected it and connected it again: BOMMM+*#!. Can a simple plug-unplug destroy something?
b. the code to access the system menu (Mute-182) doesn't work anymore too - why ???
c. any changes in Comcast or BOSE setup menus do not change anything
d. composite video and S-video works fine - but thats not the mode, you buy a Plasma screen for ...
e. last not least: I'm not able to find a service information for our area (East Bay) at AKAI's webpage or their phone service. Who can help me (or repair that stuff)?
Thanks and happy new year :-)

Anonymous

try www.akaiusa.com, they may be able to help. Or call costco where you bought it. They should be able to help since you paid so much for the thing. I'm sorry that this has happen to you.

Username: Gx35

Post Number: 2
Did you buy it locally ?

With Costco's great return policy you can bring it back at any time for an exchange or refund.

Username: Kctobyjoe

Post Number: 1
It is a Rebadged Samsung SPN4235 <http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=96ef5f2e8543bf4b9c86ea2c1c3ff0fe &threadid=353676&perpage=20&pagenumber=1>

kc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us