Good Buy or Not!!! Sony 46" and/or 51"

Eric Brown
Unregistered guest
Local HiFi store near Atlanta offering 24 month now payment, no interest. No big deal there, but this is what I am looking at. Sony 51" KP51WS510 @ roughly $2100 with warrenty and everything. Also, Sony 46" KP46WS510 @ $1950 warrenty and all. Someone please let me know what they think about these TV's. There is also the Sony 57" that I was considering of course the price would be somewhat greater. I have only viewed these side by side with Samsung DLP (too much out of my price range) and the Mitsubishi (which I didn't care for compared with Sony). I have heard good things about the Hitachi's and have viewed several and they appear to look as good if not better than the Sony. What are the differences??? Are these Sony's a good price for the TV? Are there any better TV's out there for that price range? Is there anything I should look at/for? The finance deal looks pretty good to me, so buying now may seem like an advantage. Someone please help....

Eric Brown
Unregistered guest
Someone please, a little advice on this??? I confirmed this is a minimum payment, no interest for 2 years. Still pretty good.

dubz
Unregistered guest
sony makes a nice RPTV, compareable to mitsubishi and hitachi in most people's opinion. 2100 isn't bad, you should be able to get it for 2,000 w/ warranty & tax though, where are you going?

tarzud
Unregistered guest
I have the Sony 46", and I love it. I've only had it about 6 months or so, so I can't tell you a lot about it, and I can't tell you if the other ones you are looking at are better. However, I can tell you that I got 24 month no interest financing on it at Best Buy for more like $1599, and I was able to use a coupon for 10% off of that. Also, they had a special going for a free Toshiba DVD player, which I upgraded to the progressive scan model for only $20. With the stand, extended warranty, and expensive cables and surge protector, I got it all for something like $2100. I think you can probably do better on price.

saqdeez
Unregistered guest
got the 46" for $1380 (pretax) after some bargaining at sears, and then got them to waive $50 delivery charge. Comes thursday i am excited!!! I got a great price, i know that

kirupa
Unregistered guest
I would go for the 51". You will have the stand for 46" which is about $200.00. If you factor the stand they are both equal in price. The 51" is nice! the additional 5" makes a big difference.

Be careful about the extended warranty! Best buy does not cover preventative maintenance such as alignments and cleanings. Your TV must be in need of a repair in order for them to come to your house. Otherwise, they will charge you for their time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us