DLP, Comcast, and HDTV!

BJ
Unregistered guest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. I'm an HDTV/big screen rookie in need of some big help!

I just bought a Samsung HLN4365W 43" DLP TV.
I had the Comcast guy come out yesterday and hook up their cable box. The technician knew even less than I did.

I have it hooked up like the manual says. The cable from the wall goes into the TV input, then out from the TV into the cable box, and back into the TV (I believe this is to allow the PIP to work).

My problem is that while the HDTV channels (all 4 of them) look good, but the regular channels look worse than they did than when I had the cable box. What is the deal? Also, my nice big fancy TV remote now doesn't change the channel, swap the PIP channels, etc. when the cable box is on. Would buying a DVI cable and using it to run between the TV and cable box improve this?

While I'm writing, has anyone hooked up their Playstation 2 to a DLP? Does it work good? It seems like it would be distorted when it stretches across the screen.

Does the PS2 provide a decent DVD picture, or should I go out and buy a composite cable, progressive scan DVD player?

Thanks for your help!

Username: Circuit_city

Portland, Or Usa

Post Number: 1
when did you buy this tv? you have a 43 hln which is last year but still its a good tv, i would start with getting comcast out to your house again to make sure everything is ran correctly,
and to your ps 2 question go to circuit city and buy a monster component cable for your ps 2 and hook it up, also buy the samsung dvd player that has the ddvi cable on it which will allow you to keep one of your components open for your ps 2 so also buy a dvi cable have any questions feel free to ask

araster
Unregistered guest
I just hooked up a samsung 5667w dlp hdtv monitor to the hdtv cable set top box using monster cables
and the picture on my regular digital cable channels were kinda blurry - then I read that I should also hookup the s video and audio as well and just switch back the tv source to "s video"
this has helped but still bnot what I expected - any suggestions on what I might do to get the best picture quality out of my regular digital cable channels - my hdtv cable only has 5 channels

black ninja
Unregistered guest
I have the InFocus 4805 and had it hooked up to my PS2 using only the yellow video cable. It looked blurry and to say the least, unimpressive. But I went to Best Buy and got a set of component cables (about $15) to hook up the PS2. Wow, a world of difference. Now I get to play Gran Turismo in 480p mode which looks crystal clear (to me anyway). I still don't knowhow to get the PS2 to send a HD signal to my projector. Anyone with answers please let us know.

Moral of the Story: PS2 looks way better with component cables, try it, you won't be disappointed.

bran5
Unregistered guest
i have a polaroid 32 inch LCD tv connected to a comcast motorola hd cable box. When using DVI cable i get fuzzy white flickering at the very top of the screen on some channels but not all. Any reason for this??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us