TV acts possessed... Need help

Username: Macros28

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung DYNA Flat 32" HDTV and its been great except lately i'll be watching tv and all of a sudden without any prompt from me it will change input modes from ANT3 to AV1, AV2, AV3, S-VIDEO, and occasionally Component 1 & 2 as well. I used to think it was one of my remotes going nuts but after taking all the batteries out of them and having it still happen I pretty much ruled that out. What I now suspect is its one of my neighbors watching tv at night when he's home (we have a shared wall) and every time he changes his channel it changes my input mode. Why do I think this? Because it only happens at night when he's home.

What I'm not sure of is does the Samsung DYNA flat 32" HDTV support RF remotes and thats why it can go through walls? And if so does anyone have any suggestions for me? Is it easy and or reasonable to have someone come out and fix or disable this problem? Any ideas?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
If it is the TXM3296HF 32 with the factory remote it is not RF. List the exact model nubmer and I can tell you for sure.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 2
That is the model and yes it is the factory remote. I know my remote isn't RF but I'm wondering if the TV might accept RF signals from other remotes? I notice the light on the front of the TV (IR light?) never goes on when it happens randomly but it does when I use my remote. That's what prompted me to suspect someone elses RF remote possibly. Also this only happens at night when my neighbor is home. never during the day. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 200
Zack:
Do you have any fluorescent lights on when this happens?

Post Number: 3
No none at all. It changes like someone next door is channel surfing or just out right messing with me.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
"Any suggestions?"

Cover the IR input this evening and see if the channels stop changing. Your display has no RF input but if your neighbor is using a portable phone it could be reaching the internal tuner of your display. In that case I suggest either terminating your neighbor, moving or replacu=ing your display.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us