Hitachi Picture Dropout Problem

Bronze Member
Username: Culp4684

Post Number: 36
Hey All,

I purchased a Hitachi 43FDX01B prjection TV almost three years ago. The set has developed a problem where the picture drops out for a few seconds. This only happens when I'm viewing components that are hooked up to the TV through the component video inputs (DVD and digital cable box). Curiously, it doesn't happen on every DVD and sometimes the problem goes away after viewing for a half hour or so!

I was just wondering if anyone else had this set (it was pretty popular at the time) and has experienced similiar problems.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Are you the Robert Culp from N.J? Stationed at Ft. Monmouth in the 70's?

Bronze Member
Username: Culp4684

Post Number: 37
I'm from NJ, but never was in the military. I was a Navy brat and my father was stationed at Lakehurst, NJ, in the 70's...

Username: Maximoses

Post Number: 1
Dear Robert, I have the same tv and the same problem. I hate my tv. Hitachi are a bunch of ba$tard$. Wouldn't you agree?

But seriously, there is a fix and here is a link to prove it. http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/hitachi/progproblemfix.html
I too have called Hitachi and they are no help. Now my tv is dead again for the second time in two years (It's fours years old). I'm on a quest to do something about this tv.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us