Panasonic DMR-E80H dubbing problems

Username: Roger

Post Number: 1
I've had my Panasonic E80H for some months now and it's been working fine. But I've now encountered a problem with dubbing which seemed to happen after I switched to High Speed Dubbing mode. I've since switched off that mode, and reformatted the HDD but the problem still occurs.

The problem occurs when I try and dub from the HDD to a DVD-R the machine cuts off after about 2 minutes. It then goes into "Recover" mode, tells me an Error has Occurred, and I have to Check the (DVD) disc. Once I do all of this, and also open and close the tray again, I start the dubbing process again and it works! This has happened with whatever material I've tried to transfer (even my own stuff) so it's not a matter of copy protection.

The same problem occurs when I try and record directly to a DVD.

I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience and any solution?

Thanks!

Username: Rdedominicis

Post Number: 3
I have had the same problem copying to a DVD. I just assumed that it might be an inferior DVD, I was using CompUSA brand which I saw online wasn't held in high reguard.
One thing I noticed was if I dubbed and finalized immediately I had no problems. If I dubbed a few then went back to finalize they got the errors.
Rich

Unregistered guest
Yes, I am having the same trouble. It happened on the very first dubbing I did. But it does not always occur. I thought it might be inferior media too. It seems to happen just before the counter goes from 0/100 to 1/100, which I'm assuming is the first write to DVD-R. I have tried naming the DVD-R first but no difference. I have high-speed dub on now (which I don't use often as usually copy 7+ hours at EP so I can watch the week's TV elsewhere) but it first happened when high speed dubbing was disabled. I don't want to send my unit in for repair as it may not malfunction in the workshop. It COULD be media as it is a lot worse at the moment and I'm using TDK discs that I've never used before. Strange though that it will work after you reply to the error message. I was also getting "check disc" errors and could get a couple of those before the "error occurred" message comes up. It works OK after that. Would be very keen to discuss this with you and perhaps we can co-ordinate testing of procedures/settings/media etc.

Unregistered guest
Yes, I am having the same trouble. It happened on the very first dubbing I did. But it does not always occur. I thought it might be inferior media too. It seems to happen just before the counter goes from 0/100 to 1/100, which I'm assuming is the first write to DVD-R. I have tried naming the DVD-R first but no difference. I have high-speed dub on now (which I don't use often as usually copy 7+ hours at EP so I can watch the week's TV elsewhere) but it first happened when high speed dubbing was disabled. I don't want to send my unit in for repair as it may not malfunction in the workshop. It COULD be media as it is a lot worse at the moment and I'm using TDK discs that I've never used before. Strange though that it will work after you reply to the error message. I was also getting "check disc" errors and could get a couple of those before the "error occurred" message comes up. It works OK after that. Would be very keen to discuss this with you and perhaps we can co-ordinate testing of procedures/settings/media etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us