Can I record without a direct antenna connection

Username: Smartycat

Post Number: 2
I have goofy system where my TV is across the room from where my VCR and other components are supposed to go. Is there any way I can use the red/white/yellow cables to set up the VCR to record what I am currently watching on the TV?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 181
The VCR needs to come before the TV, not after. You just need to run the coax from where the TV is to the VCR instead of the RCA jacks.

Post Number: 3
Can't do that. The cable jack is in the cubby hole in the wall where the TV is. No cable jack in the cubby hole for the components. Previous home owner had the VCR in the components cubby hole and had red and white cables listed as going to the video jacks for "VCR" and "VCR Record". I can get it to play the VCR to the TV but can't get it to record

Post Number: 4
As a clarification, I don't want to run the cable channels or any channels for that matter through the VCR. I have another VCR I program to record my shows. But on the main TV, I have a stupid digital/HDTV cable box and you can't program that with your VCR to record shows. So, I just want the VCR on the main TV to play tapes (which I got it to do) and then tape any show I might be watching on my digital/HDTV cable. And I need to do it with the red and white cables and I need to know how to set that up. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 183
OK that's alot more clear now. You should have 3 cables, 1 for video 2 for audio, unless the VCR is mono. If the VCR is mono then to do it right you need a Y cable for the audio. Run the cables out of the cable box to the in on the VCR.Then there should be an input button on the remote or the VCR to change it from tuner to line.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us