Lost remote

David Lee
Unregistered guest
Recently bought used GE VCR,(VG2052)minus remote. hooked it up and it plays,but cant bring up onscreen display to set clock and ect,,, there is no place in front of machine to do this .any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 163
Get an RCA or GE, same company, universal remote with a menu button and you're set. You could try other brands too, but compatibility can be a problem, another one might not do all the functions. If you get RCA or GE it should do everything except tracking if it was on the original. They all auto track anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal. If you get RCE or GE it should come preprogrammed to the right code even.

David Lee
Unregistered guest
Good,i wondered about that but wasnt sure,thanks!

Username: Whill96205

Post Number: 1
Hey there --
I've got a similar issue.
I bought a used Sony VCR (SLV595HF), and it did not come with a remote. The Sony website indicates that the remote should have been a model RMT-V102D. I can get a RMT-V102D from an online source at a good price, but will it work with my VCR just because it's the right model #? Or will it still require some kind of configuration?

P.S. In my case, I need the remote to turn the display data OFF.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1025
Yes it will work if it's the right model number. You should be able to use a Sony universal remote. I like the One For All remotes, they have the highest compatibility.

Username: Whill96205

Post Number: 2
I've tried using a universal remote previously, but couldn't get it to communicate with my TV. Might've been an off-brand...
Where can I find One-for-All models? I've never heard of that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1028
Walmart, I think some of the Radio Shack remotes are One For All.

Dasd
Unregistered guest
Hey I have a White Westinghouse VCR and no remote, I tried my universal remote but I cant access the menu of the VCR, I went to best buy and the guy told me theres no way I can get the menu unless I order the White Westinghouse VCR? Is there any remote control that would work(assuming its a reasonable price)???

THanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1578
One For All, buy one that's telephone upgradable, if it won't work it can be upgraded over the phone. If that doesn't work and it's a learning remote, you can go to an electronics store and use their remote to teach it what you need. I've done it before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us