Need help hooking up two vcrs to one tv

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hook up two different vcrs to one tv. I'd like to be able to tape two different shows at once. Our Tv is in an extra bedroom, so we hardly ever watch it. But (during the season) we like to tape lots of different shows, then watch them when we can.

My TV is a JVC Master Command 111. Model: C-1329. In the back, it has one place for VHF/UHF and the electric plug that goes to the wall ... that's all.

One VCR is an Emmerson, Model: EWV601B. In the back it has Audio/Video/antenna places.

The second VCR is a Sony, Model: SLV620HF. In the back it has VHF/UHF spaces. It also has spaces for Line In/Out - Audio - Video

We have Cox Extended Basic cable with no box.
Is it even possible to hook these two vcrs to this tv for dual taping? If so, will someone please tell me how to hook it up and what cables etc. I need to have? I'm no electrician ... but I can follow directions (I hope) Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 132
All you need to do is use a splitter on the incoming cable and hook to both VCRs. To be able to playback from both VCRs you need an A/B switch. Run the output from both VCRs into the switch and out of the switch to the TV, then just set the switch to which VCR you want to use. That will allow taping on both VCRs at the same time and you can playback from both too.

Unregistered guest
Thank you so much, David

Username: Paulndrema

Post Number: 1
Hi, I've read several questions/answers about using 2 vcrs with one tv, but I think my question may have a twist. I want to watch a tape from one vcr while taping a channel from the same tv on the 2nd vcr. Can this be done? How?

Silver Member

Post Number: 533
Run the output of the VCRs through an A/B switch, then just select which VCR you want to use. If you split the incoming cable you could even record on both at the same time if you wanted to.

Username: Paulndrema

Post Number: 2
Thanks, David Massey. Paul Stone

Unregistered guest
Hi, connecting 2 vcr's, can I daisy chain the scart cables without causing any problems.
Thanks

Help Please
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have 2 VCRs and a cable box. I want to record a tape that is playing on the other VCR, essentially making a duplicate of it. How could i go about hooking this up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 666
Use RCA jacks from the play VCR out to the record VCR in, then set the record VCR to line.

Unregistered guest
I want to hook up two VCR's up to one tv with a satelite box. I want to be able to put a tape in one and record it on the other with a blank tape. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to make a vhs copy of another vhs copy
that I recorded some time ago off a tv program. totally different tv's and vcr's now. with your help I got the thing to record but lots of tracking troubles on new recording. can you help me? thanks, Toni

Gold Member

Post Number: 1014
Copying a VHS copy is going to be very poor quality. It may just be the degradation in the copy, not tracking.

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hook up a vcr to play and one to record. I have cable but no box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1017
If you want to be able to record on one while watching another, you can either use an A/B switch on the coax output of the 2, or use a video switcher if you want to use the RCA jacks.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to make a copy of a VCR tape. I understand that I am supposed to go from Video out with the original and video in on the copy. Do I have to have both VCR's set to the same channel on the back of the vcr? I just tried to record and nothing happened.
Thanks for your help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1155
The channel select on the back is output of the RF converter, it doesn't matter. You need to set the record VCR to line, look for an input button on the remote, or go through the channels till you get to line.

Unregistered guest
I've got a similar problem. I have two VCRs and one TV. It's an old TV and only has space for a white and a yellow AV wire, and a VHF/UHF cable plug. I used to have this all set up perfectly, but I disconnected everything when I rearranged my room and can't seem to get it all in working order again. I want to be able to watch either VCR, record on both at the same time, or watch one and record on the other at the same time. I know it can be done. I have two splitters attached to the cable wire. I'm not sure the purpose of them, but my dad put them there for a reason. Could someone explain to me exactly how to set this up? Pretend I'm a five-year old. Even though I understand what the wires do and where they should logically go, I must be doing something wrong. Thanks a lot.

Unregistered guest
Hey guys. Nevermind. My dad helped me figure it out. My problem was that I had the cable running from one VCR to the other when they should be set up independently. I wasn't using the splitter correctly. If anyone's having the same problem, I could explain exactly the way the wires are now. My dad says it's the only way for this to work. Just send me an email. :-)

~Kim

Username: Marsie0116

Watertown, New York United States

Post Number: 2
Everyone, sorry if this question has been answered before but I can't find it and I need to try and get this working soon. I need help with attaching two VCR's to one TV with a digital cable box. I have a splitter and a A/B Switch just not sure how to connect the cable box to one of the VCR's. Please help, Thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1657
Connect the box with RCA cables and set the VCR to line.

Anonymous

Have a panasonic vcr and tape speeds are sp or lp
I haven't a clue as to which one allows more time per tape
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1719
You mean SP and EP? SP=2hrs. LP=4hrs, EP/SLP=6hrs. The less time on a tape, the better the quality.

Anonymous

If we have a playback vcr, can and how do we connect two recording vcr's to the playback vcr

Unregistered guest
Hi. At least 6 people have contacted me about connecting 2 VCRs to 1 TV. I'm just going to post exactly what I told everyone who asked so anyone who wants the information can get it here.

Hi. I'm don't know much of the technical jargon for TVs or VCRS, but hopefully I'll be able to help anyway. You need a splitter for the cable wire. Run a wire from each of the "out" plugs to each VCR. Make sure you always have one end of the wire in an "out" and the other side in an "in". I hope that's not confusing lol. Now, you have to find the A/V wires. Designate one VCR the player and the other the recorder. Go "out" from the recorder "in" to the player VCR with the red, yellow and white A/V wires. Then using another set of A/V wires, go "out" from the player VCR "in" to the TV. Everything should be labeled. It's not too hard when you think about it logically. You'll be able to record from the television with either VCR, even both at the same time, and you'll be able to copy one tape from another as long as you have the channels set right. I hope this helped! Good luck. :-)

Anonymous

How about hooking up two tv into one vcr? Considering that i only have coax and rca on the back of the vcr?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2051
Use a splitter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us