VPL-HS20 issue with 1080i Cox cable tv

Unregistered guest
Hi all, I have a Sony VPL-HS20 front projector in my living room, it functions fine with dvd's, standard def cable, VCR etc. But I got my HD digital cable box installed the other day and have noticed something odd happens when I have the cable box set to 1080i, (the first time HD has been run through the projector) my projector will run the gorgeous HD picture and sound perfectly for a while, then it will switch itself to the Memory Stick Mode, without my prompting. I tried pulling the batteries out od the remote, wondering if it was triggering the switch, but this didn't help. It seems that if I have the cable box set to 720p, then this doesn't happen anymore (so far). Anyone have or heard of this problem before?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anonymous

scottb
Its a glitch with the projector called the "MS" glitch. Pretty well documented at projectorcentral.com You may have to send it back to Sony for a fix which I've herd is not the most pleasurable experience. good luck and let us know what happens.

Anonymous

I am having the same problem. I do not have any way, that I know of, to switch the resolution between 1080i and 720p. But it seems to stop switching after a while. It seems to do for about 10 or 15 minutes at a time and then just stops. I have talked to Sony and they said I would have to send it in for service.

Anonymous

I have the same problem. When I use any HD digital input mode on this projector it periodically switches to the memory stick (MS) input mode on its own. The problem got worse with time. MS switching is now happening every 10 minutes or so. I've return to Sony and will see if they will repair it. Anyone have any comments with returning this to Sony? I bought new off e-bay in May and hope they honor the warranty. Farrells_8@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us