New 44" Toshiba DLP

Aarow
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I might find specs for the Toshiba 44NHM84, a 44" DLP set scheduled to ship in October? We have a sales tax-free holiday in Massachusetts on August 14 (individual items under $2,500 are exempt) and the MSRP on this model is $2,499. It's also a good size for my primary viewing room. I'd like to pre-order it and pay in full to avoid the sales tax, but I don't want to make a blind purchase. I have seen the Toshiba 46" and feel it's superior to the Samsung equivalent, but I want to know if the 44" Toshiba has the TALEN engine and other features of the larger models. Anyone have more info on it? Thanks!

lee spatz
Unregistered guest
yes it will have the talen engine, pixel pure processing, hd2+, the speakers are going to be on the bottom. looks similar to 34hfx84. this model
will be exclusive to my company. i work at bernies tv/ appliance. i work in the Holyoke, MA store. call with questions. ask for lee spatz.

Toshiba Amer
Unregistered guest
Actually it is an exclusive to the NATM buying group, you can go to there site to find a dealer near you.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 627
Here is a great description of the 46NHM84 from Toshiba:

http://ww3.onecall.com/PID_23595.htm

Looks really sweet!

Anonymous

Hawk,

Actually the one these people are looking for is a 44NHM84, a little smaller and less wide cabinet from the 46HM84

Bronze Member
Username: Rudyq3

Post Number: 33
What's the difference between this unit and the 46HM84 other than the 2 inches in size?

It's strange that Tosh would do something like this. Will they have a 50" coming out soon as well?

dk
Unregistered guest
lee spatz,
do you offer financing?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 642
Anon:

You are so right--my fault for posting while bleary eyed late at night. My apologies.

I have not seen a 44" Toshiba.

Anonymous

The 44" Toshiba has all the same parts as far as DLP chips, lenses, menu go compared to the 46nhm84.

As far as I know the only difference will be the speaker are on the bottom instead of side for those people trying to fit the TV in a smaller cabinet.

The TV will only be sold by companies that belong to the NATM buying group. Look up there website and there are about 12 different stores, and if there's one near you, then there's only one.

Username: Hazey

Post Number: 5
Does anyone know when and where the 46" Toshiba DLP will available in
stores? How about the new 52" Panasonic?

Anon04
Unregistered guest
The 44 is sourced from another manufacturer (possibly LG), it is not made by Toshiba.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us