Sony KP-53HS10 progressive scan?

SuPaFly10
Unregistered guest
I have the sony KP-53HS10 tv. I recently purchased the Philips DVP-642 DVD player.
When I set the DVD Player option for Progressive Scan to 'On', I get a split screen view with 2 duplicate images of the DVD i'm playing, one on the left and one on the right.

Anyone know if the sony KP-53HS10 can handle progressive scan and if so, what do i need to do to correct the problem?

ps. I'm connected by component video cables.

Username: Pdischle

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem with my Samsung PCJ534RF 53 inch and my XBOX; use Monster cables to feed into monitor's composite; on boot up I see correct 480i xbox dashboard - upon switching to 480p when game is loading, I see two duplicate vertically compressed images side by side. Any help?

Thanks

Unregistered guest
the problem is very easy to fix for the progressive scan question. Yes this tv will work with proggresive scan dvd players. Hook component cables in the(y/g,pa/b,pa/b)in video 5. Then hook up the other end of your component cable to the same connection on your dvd player. when your put your tv on video 5 it sould read on the bottom of the screen 480p. If your dvd player has a scan switch on the back like mine (I have a jvc dvd player xv-d723gold) make sure that the switch is turned to the 525p not 525i. If you goto the set up menu on your tv were it says dtv input it should be set to(y,pb,pr).

SuPaFly10
Unregistered guest
thanks Dave...
i'll try that tonight and see how it goes....
*getting excited*

SuPaFly10
Unregistered guest
it worked like a charm !
Thanks alot Dave, I appreciate the tip very much!

Unregistered guest
I own a KP-53HS10. Have had it for four years. Just now finally got a Direct TV HD Receiver and have a noticed an anomaly when watching some of the High Def channels. Often when the screen changes on a program my screen goes blank for a second and comes back on with the 1080i displayed on my screen. Was trying to watch CSI last night and it was doing it so often I had to turn it off.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Any info would bre greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us