Rec HDTV channels with standard Analog Cable Svc?

Username: Cluelesspa

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 2
How do I know if I can just buy a HDTV Tuner box and plug my standard Adelphia Coax Cable into it directly and get the HDTV local channels? is there a place to see if Adelphia is passing thru the HDTV signals? so I wont need to have a separate antenna to recive the local Over the Air HDTV channels?

Anonymous

no you can't. if you buy a box you would have to hook it up to an antenna. adelphia would have to authorize the hdtv channels just like starz or cinnemax.

Unregistered guest
Hi all, I have a Sony VPL-HS20 front projector in my living room, it functions fine with dvd's, standard def cable, VCR etc. But I got my HD digital cable box installed the other day and have noticed something odd happens when I have the cable box set to 1080i, (the first time HD has been run through the projector) my projector will run the gorgeous HD picture and sound perfectly for a while, then it will switch itself to the Memory Stick Mode, without my prompting. I tried pulling the batteries out od the remote, wondering if it was triggering the switch, but this didn't help. It seems that if I have the cable box set to 720p, then this doesn't happen anymore (so far). Anyone have or heard of this problem before?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:-)

Scottb9239
Unregistered guest
Oops, sorry, put this in the wrong topic.

Sorry all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us