Sony wega 60" sxrd red LED blinks 4x shut off TV

Username: Ronaldp1925

Post Number: 1
I have this sony wega sxrd 60", LED turns from green to red after i turn it on, it blinks 4x for so many times. I already replaced the lamp but still the problem exist. What is problem and how to fix? Pease help.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3150
I wish I could 'magic bullet' this for you but I must recommend JUNKING OUT THE SET.
Even if you fix this problem for free, you will eventually HAVE to either fix or buy a rebuilt light engine. The filters used WILL haze up, like car headlights.

That being said, the '4 blink' error is probably a dead or clogged FAN.

Unplug set. Let is set for 2 hours. Remove lamp and vacuum the air passages.
You might remove the back of the set and CLEAN all fans. A lint clog will do the SAME THING.

Be careful. Lots of high voltages possible. Also, do NOT vacuum with metal tools. Watch out for edge connectors which are the wires connecting circuit boards or other fragile parts.

Username: Horsluvrkim70

Post Number: 1
I have a 60 inch Sony rear projection tv... I replaced the bulb before but this time when I replaced it I notice red/pink color at top of screen and blue/green at the bottom. What causes this? What do I need to get to fix? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3257
Kim,
Your SXRD is BROKEN. The color filters in the light engine have faded or discolored with age. Sony is probably out of the woods on this so you MIGHT want to sue in small claims court.

Sony has LOST at least 2 class action lawsuits dealing with this problem.

There are probably STILL light engine rebuilders who will exchange your light engine for a rebuilt for maybe 200$ or 300$. You will need your light engine removed and replaced by a PRO.

I can't remember who I sold my light engine to as a 'rebuildable' but they are out there on GOOGLE. The SXRD sets are easy to take apart and put together, but you will have some issues aligning the new part.

Leave it to a pro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us