Please help with Samsung DLP problem

Username: Jdjd

Post Number: 1
My Samsung 6178 has a colorwheel issue that I was hoping somebody could help me with. I have the blinking lights on the front panel. I have replaced the ballast and the lamp and the color wheel. The color wheel will not spin. I have tried three different wheels. I have it hooked up where i can have everything plugged in as if it was all back together but I have the colorwheel not installed in its holder. Its just sitting on top so I can look at it as I try to start up the TV. The wheel barely moves at all unless i manually get it spinning with my finger. Then it will take off as normal and then the ballast fires the lamp as normal. I have left it spinning like this for approx 5 minutes and it seems normal. It will not spin up on its own from start up without me manually helping it. Any idea what the problem is. It acts like an electric motor that has a bad starting capacitor.It does the same thing with three different colorwheels.What actually provides the voltage to the colorwheel? Thanks for any help...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us