Archive through April 22, 2010

Username: Daddyessentials

Kingston , New York USA

Post Number: 2
All,
Update on sound issue:

A technician came to look at the TV today and told us we needed a sound board upgrade for ($250.00). He will be back in two weeks to install it and told us that it is a very common problem. Any of you guys still under warranty? If you purchased it prior to 2007 there may be an issue with the sound board needing to be upgraded. Luckily within the past week or so the sound has decided to stay on the entire time the TV is on leading me to believe that it's not a heat issue but a hardware problem as the repair guy confirmed and it's been really hot here lately. I didn't opt to buy the extended plan through Sears that would have cost $300.00 so I figure I'm still ahead at this point. Hope the new sound board solves it!

Username: Esalkin

Post Number: 1
Same 2 LED flashing problem here. Happened the first time after just a month. The tech replaced the "input board" and it worked well for a year. Now the same problem again.

Last time I buy an Aquos.

Username: Coastrbabe

HELP !!!! Brand new out of the box, Sharp Aqous LCD and cannot get any sound, we have hooked and unhooked everything, even tried unbplugging the tv to let it reset and still nothing...are we missing something here...

Username: C_andre

Brazil

First of all I live in Brazil and we don't have Sharp Repair Service here. My Aquos LC-26D4U no turn on. Just the two green lights blinks when I press the power button. I have tried reset the tv and nothing happens. I need a REPAIR (OR SERVICE) MANUAL to take the tv to a repair center. Does anyone can help me?

Username: Esalkin

Carlos:

The 2 flashing lights problem is WAY to common with the Aquos series. You can try resetting it to factory defaults (see below).

Stephanie:
Make sure you have it set to use internal speakers not the external dolby. If that does not work try the factory default reset (see below). If that fails also, contact your sales person and if they cannot give you a solution exchange it.

Factory Default Reset:

- Unplug the TV and count to 10 slowly.
- Hold down the power button on the TV (not the remote.)
- Plug in the TV while holding power button.
- Count to 10 and release the power button.
- Turn it on and hope for the best.

Username: Kathintheussa

We bought our 37 inch last September. Lost the sound last month, they sent someone to take the board out to send it back to get it rebuilt!!!!!!!! Was also told by the guy that this happens all the time to these tv's. Can you believe it? NEVER AGAIN!}

Username: Boostinb18b

Ed N: Do I have to do that everytime I replace a board in the tv? I had an issue where my inverter board fried and it took out one of the connectors. Unfortunately they don't sell the connector so I bought a new board and soldered the connection. The tv still didn't turn on and is still blinking green on power.

Username: Aquosuser

to Ed N-your reset works!
I have a 37" LCD Aquous which had the sound permanently drop out a couple of days ago. I went through the users manual which had no help.
I did a reset and a system reset with the buttons on the rear of the set with no results. Your "factory reset" with the power button and unplugging worked! YOU MADE MY DAY FOR SURE! This probably saved hundreds of $ but just as importantly save a likely hassle worth more. Thanks for taking the time to contribute to this board.

Username: Dohgrant

How do I get my nikon camera images to display on my 46 inch Aquos without a slight "fattening" of the original photo? No matter what adjustments I make to the tv or to the dvd player, the photos are ALWAYS just a bit fat or wide. I have no trouble getting dvds to the correct size, but the jpeg camera images seem impossible to size properly.

John

Username: Sirip

We have a 37" LC37D7U, bought in 04/06. Died couple of weeks back (so, out of warranty). Same old chronic problem everybody has. It doesn't turn on. When powered on (either by power switch or remote), power LED comes up blue, stays blue for 4-5 secs then goes off and OPC/DL LED starts blinking red.

We had the Sharp authorized service guy look at it. He says, power board and/or main board need to be replaced. Cost ? $600-$700 depending on one or both boards. Any help from forum would be of great help. Any suggestions to get it fixed cheaper ? I found that the power board itself costs $240 from Sharp authorized parts distributor. I hope I can buy it and replace it myself, but I am hesitating to do that as I can not return it if the problem is with some other board. BTW, main board costs $600+

Username: Deadman71

Post Number: 3
Ok every one, first of all if you are just frustrated with your Sharp or can't afford the repair bill, give me a shout. I will buy your non working TV from you and I will pay the shipping costs.

Second, if you are in the mood to replace parts in your TV to save you money, go to Bestbuy.com and look up your parts there. They have a very good inventory for these televisions and you can get just about anything you need from them, stop wasting your time talking to Sharp support.

If you want to sell your set, contact me at cowboypoet@gvtc.com

Username: Videcormeum

So much for Sharp's legendary reputation in the LCD TV segment.

I should have saved $200 and bought a Toshiba.

About three months ago I purchased a new Aquos LC-20D42U from an online retailer. A few weeks ago a pixel died in the center of the screen - very noticeable during bright or single-color pictures. And tonight, when I went to turn on the set, the green power light held solid for a few second then began blinking. I tried resetting the TV to factory settings as many of you suggested to no avail. The set will not turn on and the power light will not stop blinking unless I unplug the set.

I'll call the support center once they open (why did I pay a huge premium for Aquos brand?) and see about getting this resolved. I have a feeling that this will be my last Sharp LCD TV.

M.

Username: Bigdog777

OK so my 2 yr + old Sharp LC-37D5U is experiancing the shuttting off, green screen, sometimes unresponsive to remote and other buttons etc... problems MANY others have been reporting that I have been reading about on these and other fourms....QUESTION is WHAT is the latest scoop on a fix? IF there even is one....as I read it, the firm ware update does NOT fix these problems or does it?? Sharp is no help and directs to nearest service center only...they want 50$ plus to even look at it. Just wondering what the latest info is? Any feedback would be appreciated EVEN if it's to dump this set and head to another MFG(Sony)....very disappointed with Sharp and own several of thier LCD TV's...go figure. Thanks for any reply someone might have time to make. BD

Username: Videcormeum

So after two (2) weeks of repairs, I finally got my Sharp LCD TV back yesterday. I got it home and it worked fine. Watched a movie last night. Then tonight, when I got back from school, I attempted to turn on the set and .... nothing. Same problem as before. I'm absolutely furious. Sharp will be hearing from me tomorrow morning as soon as their customer relationship desk opens for business. I either want a replacement or a refund at this point. I don't think I'll stand to have my TV in the shop for another two weeks.

Username: Gr82nou

West Palm Beach, Fl. USA

ED N: or anyone else.
any suggestions or recommendations on the same 2 blinking lights, power and OPC, but w/ no power button ????
The model I have has no buttons, just the lights, and won't turn on.
Any suggestions would be great I have a guy scheduled to come out tomorrow and would love to cancel that appt. After reading the above, it sounds like it could be very expensive.

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 60
The red blinking light problem is related to a faulty power supply. Please have a technician check the issue at hand to confirm the problem. A good site for replacement parts at a decent price (unlike the manufacturer or partstore wanting $400 a board) is discount-merchant.com... I've noticed they are improving on getting the parts on their website with photos and all. It's a remarkable site and I haven't seen anything like it anywhere. All the parts are photographed and available for just about any plasma and LCD. It seems like they are getting overstocks or end of production parts. Either way, a great source for consumers and technicians alike. I know we buy all of our DLP lamps from these guys and lots of replacement parts.

Username: Gr82nou

West Palm Beach, Fl. USA

I have FANTASTIC News !
My TV hasn't been working for 3 weeks. It had the OPC and POWER lights flashing and wouldn't turn on. I tried resetting it, turning it off for 10 min. turning it off for 1 hour, holding the power button and turning it on - Nothing. I just made an appt Today for a Sharp repair service to come out and look at it.

Well......for unrelated reasons, we had to shut our main power down at the breaker box. It was off for about ten min., I walked into the house and the TV was on !!!!!!

I hope this works for the rest of you.
Best of Luck :-)

Username: Sharpaquos

Hello
Just phoned my retailer regarding a Sharp Aquos tv LC-37D40U today. I have an extended warranty that I purchased with the TV Sept 9/06. They gave me a repairman phone number as it is not covered by Sharp after 1 year. There was no answer as I guess being a few days before Christmas...so I will phone after the holidays. My main problem is a discolored patch that shows up on the screen on all stations (cable) except during the commercials? Also I have noticed some stations sound during any music is distorted..quite badly..not so with speaking voices ..just music? The mgr of the retail store was supprised about the discoloration and suggested that when I wiped the screen with a damp cloth this might have damaged it??? In fact he mentioned that I touched it and it received damage?? then said I shouldn't scrub the screen...really silly thing to say as I only wiped it and then wiped it dry.
Can anyone shed light on my problems it would be greatly appreciated. I will post again when I have contacted the repair person.
Thanks

Have a Merry Christmas

Username: 540slingers

I've had my LC52D92U for two months. Tonight, I noticed the upper right quadrant turn all white. The remaining 3/4 of my screen works and programming comes through. This is a TV issue, right? Any of you know the extent of the damage? I'm trying to contact Sharp, but I'm guessing this is going to be painful. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Username: Bigdog777

Well Mike, Shirley and all the rest of us....I personally am DONE with Sharp products...if you go back to my original post on this forum you will read of my problems and let me just say after several new expensive boards , labor and a bunch of time in a Sharp repair shop I'm right back where I started....remember the Discount tire commercial where the old lady throws the tire back thru the window....Hell not only can't they make a TV that last over two years before failing.....THEY CAN"T EVEN FIX IT!!! Now Mike I don't know if these problems affect the D92U series....I hope not for your sake but Shirley ME and all others that have the older D4,5 and 6U sets I say SELL THEM NOW! while they still work and go buy a SONY XBR LCD or SXRD...you won't be sorry. Sincerely, A VERY DIS-SATISFIED and NO LONGER SHARP product buyer. There I feel better now...thank you ecoustics.com

Username: A_vale

GenevaSwitzerland

Sharp Aquos 37in LC-37AD5E, bought in Switzerland in November 2007. It was working fine until today when it started randomly switching (several seconds apart) between sources (TV, DTV, EXT1, etc.), menus and teletext; as if a ghost was behind the remote control.

Coincidentally I attempted the "Software Upgrade" today, which gave a message saying it was not able to find an upgrade (the first time I ran it). I tried the upgrade a couple of times again, but those times there was no message.

Anyone else have this kind of problem?

Username: 540slingers

Thanks, Steven. I knew things were looking bad when they screwed up my delivery of the TV. I have been a long-time Sony fan, but decided to go with Sharp this time. What a mistake, huh?

Well, best of luck to all of you.

Username: Kathryn

SHARP LC-32D41U Problems with picture
Has anyone had trouble getting picture with the Aquos. I get sound, but picture is very intermittent. I'll turn the TV on and may get picture for several seconds and then it goes black. Sometimes after turning it on and off dozens of time, I'm able to retain picture. I had this problem during the warranty period and the repairman had NO problems at his shop, but replaced the board anyway. Well, the problem is still there. Now it's not under warranty. I didn't think operating a television was supposed to be hard. Any ideas on how to fix it - SHARP and the repair people apparently don't have the answer.

Username: Shopping_queen

Bowie, MD US

SHARP AQUOS LC-32D40U Picture goes black for no reason
My problem is the exact same as Kathryn's in the post before me. The TV is working but the picture goes out randomly and now the warranty period is over. This issue is making me nuts, and I would be grateful for any advice-dump it and get another or whatever. We don't have hundreds to spend in repairs, especially when the prices are so much lower than when we bought this lemon, and it is not even paid off yet. Any help/suggestions are welcomed. Cindy

Username: Michaelhauser

Springfield, TN United States

I have a Sharp Aquos model# LC-45GX6U that needs:
p.w.b inverter #1 DUNTKC471UJ01
p.w.b inverter #2 DUNTKC472UJ01
p.w.b inverter #3 DUNTKC473UJ01
p.w.b inverter #4 DUNTKC474UJ01

also I have no avc box and was wondering if any other Sharp avc box models will work with it? The one that goes with it is model# TU-GD10U-T, TU-45GAD/T (not sure which one is right out of these two) but the tv is just LC-45GX6U without a /D or /T on the end.

Anyone know where I could get a TV like this one for parts? perhaps with a broken screen? I have priced the inverters and they want over $900 for all four, which includes core charges for not having the original part to return. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!!

Also need a power cord.

Username: Ikenfixit

HS, Michigan

I'd really be curious as to whether or not these incorporate VRAM for the Video output as weve seen Lines and garbled video on anything that does. Too many Sharp HD issues here to not say this so contact Scott Kamber at www.kamberedelson.com Hes a friend that can help and if you like ask him who I am and what I do.

(Recentley helped a boatload of consumers on a specific Class litigation settlement that went our way)..

Believe skamber@kamberedelson.com to be good for basic email. ;)
Good luck all!

Username: Pupperdog

Missouri USA

Hi! We just got a Sharp Aquos 20D42U less than 1 week ago--picture is great! Bought it for the kitchen, while wife is cooking, etc--liked the fact that viewing angle is great.

However, based on what I've been reading here, we'd better just box it up tomorrow and send back for refund.

Here's what ours is doing--since day one:
Approx. 85% of time, powers on great.
Remainder of time, only audio comes on--no picture. This seems to occur whether on/off switch on unit is used, or remote.
Green power lite on unit is on--not flashing.
Channel info box in upper right corner displays for a few seconds, then disappears.
No display buttons, menu buttons, etc work--however, can change channels. Appropriate audio comes on for each channel. However, no picture appears no matter how long unit is on. It's basically a big radio!!!

However, if unit is turned off and turned right back on, everything works fine.

Are we wise to return this turkey and go with another brand? It wasn't cheap!!! We have Sony's and a Panasonic--however, finding a unit that will fit on the kitchen counter is the problem.

Are we headed for more of the problems we have been reading about here?

Thanks!
Steve

Username: Mrblack

Sharp LC40C32U Video comes on then goes off right away. Switching on and off seems to sometimes work. Once on it seems to stay on fine. All sound works fine? Anyone ever solve this..I see several video switches off issues here?

Username: Tmbackstrom

Broomfield, CO US

Rick, my Mom's LC32D41U had the same issue, and we had the entire TV replaced by Sharp under warranty. The repair guy said something in the LCD panel itself was broken, and repair wasn't feasible. The replacement has worked great for over a year and a half so far.

Username: S_a_adams

Hello, All.

I have a Sharp LC-26D40U and our local technician just told me it will probably need a $ 300.00 microprocessor logic board, and another $100.00 or so for service. The unit is no longer under warranty.

Does anyone know how I can get a part number on this? The tech won't give it to me, she wants me to buy it from her with her mark-up. Sharp says only the techs have that information. Right!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Username: Sirip

S Adams,

Rep is crapping. I found parts at the following sites. You need the part #.
http://www.andrewselectronics.com/
http://www.searspartsdirect.com

I didn't actually buy it as I didn't want to spend any money on SHARP crap, but it's available. Also, if you are a handyman type, you can replace the board yourself. All you need is a philips screw driver. Inside, the modules plugin to each other nicely.

Bowie, MD US

Hi. We have a Sharp Aquos LC-32D4OU, and the picture goes black at random, while the audio stays on. Turning it off and on sometimes helps, but you could be turning it off and on for a long time before it works. Of course the warranty is over, and I took Consumer Reports.org's advice and did not buy an extended warranty.

Is this something that can be fixed? I am pretty handy, and could do it if I knew what the problem was, and what parts are needed. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Username: Mrblack

Cindy,

I have same problem.. Sometimes a quick smack to the upper right side of the tv before turning it on solves the problem. Also I noted that if the room is darker it happens less. Must be a lose connection somewhere in the unit, but I'm not sure. Sure would like to solve it. It works great otherwise. Let me know if you find anything.

Username: Sjoerdbouma

Hi,
Same problem here also (Sharp Aquos LC-32BV8E). I tried several resets in the TV-menu ... no results. Power on and off (sometimes lasts 10 minutes) is the only way. Did anyone opened the TV and checked the upper right part of the TV for lose connections ?

Bowie, MD US

Post Number: 4
I haven't opened the back, but if you do and are able to fix/tighten anything, please let me know. Thanks, Cindy

Username: De12261

Hello

I have a Sharp Aquos 42 XD series (42XD1EA), probably europe version (or italian version).
Sometimes, after some hours on, the remote control and also buttons on the TV locks.
I have to turn off unplugging the power cable.

Anyone does know what is the problem?

How can I reset? I try with 10 seconds press power button, unplug and plug but
it does not work.

I thought that was the hot temperature, but now in Italy is not so hot as some weeks ago and yesterday evening the TV locks.

thank you

Username: Eng2007

Hi,

If anyone is interested I have a working Sharp Aquos LC-32DA5U for sale with a broken LCD screen. I believe, from research, that parts are compatible with the smaller lc-26da5u and i think they will work with lc-32d4u but please confirm. Please private message me, I am located in Toronto.Upload

Username: Lc46sb54u

Hello,
I bought LC46SB54U about 3 weeks ago, it work fine for 3 week. last week in the morning TV turn off suddenly with a sound of Click. After that TV never turn on. There is no light flashing or any thing. Looks like TV is not getting any power. its flat dead. Any help ?

I have talk to sharp help and warranty but so far no help.

any help will be appreciated

thanks

Username: Hbchandler

I need a Sharp TU-GD10U-T, the AVC unit for the Sharp LC-45GX6U. My LCD sits on the wall unable to work without it. And I can't find someone to repair it. Anyone have one of these for sale?

Username: Peterderek

My Sharp 37D6U has developed the same problem that many people seem to be experiencing. The set repeatedly locks up so the neither the remote nor the buttons on the set will work. I have to switch it off at the main supply to get it to work again.

If the set is switched off using the remote, it comes back on again after a number of hours, usually in the middle of the night.

I have spoken to Sharp's Customer Care Centre and I was not impressed. The individual I spoke to seem to be on a different planet. He denied knowing anything about the problem which is obviously generic. All he could offer was that I return the set to the Service Centre.

Another very dissatisfied Sharp customer.

Peter

Username: De12261

Hello Peter.
I see that you have a problem like mine.

From September I have no more that problem with my Aquos.

I do not know if it is better call the Customer Care or not.

Anyway, some weeks ago I bought a Samsung T220HD (pc monitor and Tv together). I see that Samsung is really fast when switching channel, the Sharp is slow.
But the Samsung lock too...the same way, no button is working.
This happens only sometimes, only when using display as monitor, and the Pc turn off it for energy saving. After that, the display locks and I have to swith the power off by power cable.

What will you do?
Do you have contacted the customer care for repairing the TV?

thank you.
bye

Username: Razzmatazz55

Vidalia, Louisiana USA

I have a LC-32D44U and my power and OPC lights blink on and off. Did anyone get a response on what causes this? This unit has only about 5 hours of use. I wish I would have known about these issues before I wasted my money.

Username: Marlonj29

Well, I've seen here around 5 cases like mine, the OPC and Power Lights blinking and no video, my tv set was bought in Panama and I'm living in Venezuela it is still under warranty period and my question is..How do I use an international warranty service?? I would'nt want to think that I've lost my money and that Sharp trade mark is that awful

Since the service offered by Sharp Customer Care is so totally useless, I've been trying to isolate the cause of my problem. The 'switching-off/switching back-on at odd times/and the locking-up' all seem to be especially bad when I have my external antenna connected to the 'Air' input. If I disconnect the antenna, the problem doesn't seem to occur. I need to spend much more time watching TV without the external antenna connected - but I love the high definition quality it provides.

I'm wondering if it's a static charge issue with the antenna. If it charges up, is this what causes the tv set to start performing erratically?

Has anyone else identified a correlation between this odd performance and the use of an external antenna, and if so, does grounding of the antenna provide a solution?

I should add that I'm using an internal antenna, so the approach to be used for grounding it is not so obvious.

Username: Pbjb

Sitka, Alaska USA

There have been posts over the last three years of people having the same problem with the Aquos randomly dropping the picture, power light and OPC light flash green, and TV won't turn on or off for a few minutes. After all this time, has ANYONE found a solution to this problem? Mine had this problem right out of the box two days ago.

Silver Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 220
Kristy,
You can reset the video board by holding Vol_+ and Channel - (or Vol - and Ch +) and pluging the TV in the wall and powering it on. It will run a reset cycle. It temporarily fixes this issue in most cases on most 32" sharp aquos LCD's. Otherwise, you might want to buy a new video board from http://www.discount-merchant.com

That's where our service center buys all of our parts. Good service and low prices.

Username: Flyboy83

Milwaukee, WI USA

I recently purchased the Sharp Aquos 32' LC-32GP2U. I had everything hooked up & working fine for a few hours. Later, it just went black & the power would constantly flash.

I followed the manual but nothing. Same problem. My dad talked to a tech guy at his work who is into Home theatre & told him that it needs to be reset by calling Sharp & have them step me thru (of which I plan on doing later this morning).

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? A prompt responce is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You can email me at MillerLiteo2@cs.com.

Username: Kevin1966

I have a sharp LC-32DA5U television. When trying to power the set on the screen flickers for a second then the power and opc leds flash green. The power led is flashing in cycles of two and the opc is in single cycles. The set is froze at this point and will not turn on or off without being unplugged. This set is over three years old so it is out of warranty. Sharp has not been helpful only to suggest a service center over a hundred miles from my location. I would like to try to fix myself if I know for sure what parts are needed to fix this problem. I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Regardless of the outcome I think this was the last sharp product I will own. For the purchase price the set should last more then 3yrs trouble free.

Username: Kevin1966

To everyone with the sharp aquos with the power and opc lights flashing. I had the same problem as you can see from the post above. I pulled the back of the tv off to see if I could see any visible problems. The power board did have a resistor that visibly was not right. I ordered a used board and problem solved. I wish you all the best of luck fixing your problem. As for me it was the main power board.

Username: Asuma85

I have the sharp aquos and It has started to randomly activate the still image "feature".
It happens every few minutes and I have tried resetting, unplugging and taking the batteries out of the remote to no avail. Needless to say it makes watching TV an impossibly frustrating experience.

Username: Annorax64

Are you certain that it's the TV and not your cable or satellite service
causing the issue?

Sounds more like a bad signal from cable or satellite than a problem
with the TV itself.

Username: Jim_peters

I've had my LC-37D4U for about three years and no problems until recently. Now there's no audio through the built in speakers. At first the problem was kind of intermittent and would clear up after power reset (unplugging and replugging) , after a while that didn't work but I was able to temporarily fix it by resetting the reset or system reset buttons on the back , but not any more. I can still get sound through my external speakers hooked up to a reciever, but when I run the TV stand-alone, no sound.
Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Numan2good

Post Number: 15
hello jim
there might be a sound capacitor breakdown.....
or the speakers go down.....

Username: Anolasco

I have a Sharp Aqups LC-42D64U for about 6 months. It works fine, with HDMI connected SAT signal. Recently I decided to install a HD antenna for my local channels. According to the users manual, I should have an option to be able to scan for channels, my set does not. I also attempted the reset function, and it resets all the options, but I still cannot see the supposed AIR menu setup.

Any suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
hello aqustin
well if it is in manual then it must have an option in TV also...just give a sharp look again and i hope you will fine one...

Username: Hpkts

Denton, TX USA

Our Sharp Aquos LC-37D-62U has had skippy sound on one particular off the air channel since new, but no video disturbance. It is always skippy, no matter time of day, year, or atmospheric conditions. Our other two TVs with CECB converters on same amplified antenna system don't exhibit this problem. Our local TV transmitters are all roughly 42 miles distant. Indicated signal strength on this channel is good on all sets. My industrial background is electronic engr., with non commercial experience repairing TV sets dating back 54 years, but excluding latest technology. I'm wondering if a pot tweak somewhere might remedy this particular strange problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
hello Randle Blankenship
well i guess its not the TV fault its the channels fault because these TV are made for digital signals and i guess your other TV are (i do not know the models)are analog
anyways its nothing to worry try if there is HD version of same channel if not try another HD channel if that channel do the same then it might be a TV problem...
hope this helps you....

Post Number: 5
Randle:

You might want to try to have the TV rescan the channels to see if that
improves anything.

Since the DTV move last Friday in the US, stations have moved around a
bit and a rescan is often required.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
yeah may be the rescaning thing works out the problem...
it may be an issue that channels need a rescan....

Post Number: 6
On my older Aquos, I first have to press the "Air" button on my remote, and then press the "Menu" button. From there on the screen, I scroll-over to the "Setup" tab and then scroll-down to the "CH Setup" menu selections.

From the resulting dialog, I scroll down to "CH Search" and press the "Enter" button on my remote.

I then get a choice of "Analog", "Digital(Air)", and "Digital(Cable)" from which I have to select "Yes" or "No".

If you're only looking for digital channels over the air, then select "No" for "Analog" and "Digital(Cable)". Select "Yes" for "Digital(Air)" only.

Finally, arrow down to "Search Start" and wait a while -- it takes a few minutes.

Good Luck!

Username: Jim_peters

The picture improvement on my LC-37D4U since the recent analog to digital conversion is unimpressive maybe nonexistant. I have cable from Comcast who told me I would not have to make any changes for the conversion.
When I change channels the sign on the upper right hand corner of the screen shows the channel #, and the words "cable" and "analog". Am I really getting digital or not?

Post Number: 7
Jim Peters:

You've misunderstood what changes should be expected with the DTV migration that just happened.

If you are using a cable TV provider like you are, you will see absolutely no change in quality in the stations that Comcast provides to you.

Since you're not trying to view TV stations using your own antenna without cable TV, the DTV switch has no impact on you.

If you want DTV quality reception from Comcast, you will most likely have to contact Comcast to upgrade your cable TV service to "Digital Cable". If available in your area, this will most likely involve paying more a month for this service and installation of "Digital Cable" capable cable box at your home.

Hope this clears-up the misconception.

Username: Hpkts

Denton, TX USA

Thanks to all for your replies, but my post on skippy, sputtery sound seems to have been largely misunderstood. Channel 21.1 did not move in the changeover, but I had already rescanned anyway, before I wrote the post. The set had been receiving digital on all our channels for the past year, but the sound had always been skippy on 21.1 only, while the video is flawless. There was no sound problem with channel 21 analog, which had been broadcasting simultaneously.

I should have stated that the problem seems to be caused by some internal sound detection or decoding setting being just on the bleeding edge of misalignment. I was hoping someone with specific Aquos circuit level expertise might be monitoring the posts and immediately know a remedy. In this age of black box replacement, that expertise may only be available at the factory, but one can always hope.

R. Blankenship

Username: Churned

Sharp model ic-42d62u purchased 16 months ago - died on 4/23/2009. Red and green lights flashing but nothing else. Called Sharp. Took it to their authorized service center on 4/23/09. Paid diagnostic fee. Have waited since then for repair. They say that Sharp has sent the wrong part 3 times and they don't want to work on it anymore because they "are in the hole on it." I have called Sharp Customer Service many times. Finally was told on July 1 that I might get some help and they would call back in 2-3 days. I have called 3 times in the past 2 days attempting to reach the person who was going to call me. No luck so far. Messages left, emails sent - no response. They are unable to suggest a resolution. No other authorized service center in my area.
I ask "what do you recommend I do?" They say they will call me back but no one does.
Any suggestions out there? It's obviously out of warranty.

May have some help. Will know in about a week. Extremely helpful lady in central office made some things happen and after 4 phone calls I may have a resolution in a week.
Will follow up.

Username: Floppy72

Can i fix my Aquos 37DB5U ???

The green power led flash 3 times ( at second )
I don't know if this problem diagnostic is about PC Board or Main unit ...

Anyone know about it ?

Thanks

Username: Dougout

I have the same power problem with my 62C42U...any solutions yet?

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1764668#POST1764668

After 3 1/2 months I have a replacement - a refurbished Sharp LC-42D85U. The local authorized shop was unable to fix my unit and actually never called me after their initial diagnostic evaluation and collection of my diagnostic fee. They finally gave up. Sharp USA was extremely helpful through the Aquos Advantage plan. Thoroughly happy with this refurbished unit so far.

Username: Mets8609

Need to Know. I have a LC37-HV4U and the red light keeps blinking. Also the AVC box the person gave me goes to a different set. It is model # TU-GA1U-S and it is for model LC-32 or 37G4U. Will it work the Monitor I have LC-37-HV4U. The cord the person gave me is a regular cord but on the manual it shows the cord has a little round part at the end. May not mean anything just checking if it needs that type of cord and can regular cord power it. The manual for the LC37-HV4U has no model # for the AVC box under the declarations section. The LC-37G4U specifically shows the AVC box model # TU-GA1U-S I really want to get this thing working with the MMA fight coming up a week from today. Gina Carano & Chris Cyborg
Please help my TV died and I'm trying to get this AQUOS to work. Also do I need a pc card for this thing to work my monitor. If I have wrong box need to know asap so I can try to get the right one. Don't have the cash to get a new TV so trying deperately to make this one work.
Thanks for your help
Luis

Username: Tigerboy211

I have an LC-27D4U and I just got it back from the Authorized Service Repair for a faulty thermopad which is a common problem for the D4U models. The thermopad would eventually melt and drip onto the sound board. I got it back and now a day later I am having the same problems with the video not showing and the power and opc lights flashing. Any know if Sharp is taking care of this issue?

Username: Peteyboy

My LC-37D5U now has no digital signal on cable W/O cable box,(error 202) it did before but then the pix was tiled and sometimes not at all. I hooked up the other digital and it works OK. Tried the resets and hold on while plug in but no help.
I haven't seen any post like this.

Username: Jmadukayil

Sharp LCD Aquos TVs suck!!

I bought a LC-42D72U from Futureshop in Canada and just a month back the video went black and the power LED would start flashing.
I registered on fixya.com and after $200 worth of replacement of parts like power supply inverter board, power supply board, backlight inverter boards, the TV is still the same.

I chose to fix the TV myself, since Sharp indicated that the TV is out of warranty and for getting the TV diagnosed, they will charge me $100.

Guys, just spread the word around about Sharp. The are among the most expensive TVs and have got a very bad electronic circuitry quality.

I just go to online stores selling Sharp LCD TVs and leave negative feedbacks.

Username: Photte

I have purchased a 32" LCD TV-Sharp Aquos in March 2008, a little more than a year ago. I have also had a BELL PVR 9241 system installed. Since then, the TV signal Blinks. Bell has changed my PVR system and 3 techniciens have come. All the wiring has been changed and the satelite signal has been optimized.... The TV signal still blinks. They have changed the Component signal and installed it in Input 3... The TV signal still blinks. The image and sound disappear for 1 or 2 seconds and comes back as if the power had gone off. This will mostly occur after more than 30 minutes of the TV beeing turned on and will then repeat itself 2-4 times in very short intervals.

Bell says they have done everything in there power and that the problem is probably the TV. This problem, has been happening since the installation of the PVR in January 2009.

Is this a common problem? What might be the problem? How can I resolve it?

Username: Aquos

I went to turn on my 32' LCD TV-Sharp Aquos with my remote and got no response. After that, the green power and OPC lights started to flash. I am getting no sound or picture, how do I fix this problem?

Try a video reset. This may help.
With no power supply to the TV, pressing the volume up and channel down (or the vol down and channel up) buttons simultaneously, turn on the power supply to the TV.

If this does not work, try downloading the service manual for this TV and go to the troubleshooting section.

Username: Lauracarey

CA USA

Have a 2 year old Sharp Aquos 52".

Two weeks ago I noticed that the picture was kind of dark, so I adjusted the brightness up and that helped.

Today we were watching a cable TV movie and noticed that when it flipped between scenes that the picture would quickly lighten more or darken more depending if the scene was light or dark.

This is the first time that we have had any problems like this.

(BTW, we have all of our A/V equipment going through a Monster Power Box HTS3600)

After reading some of the posts on this board, I also remember that about a month ago or so that we had the normal blue power light and a green light that was not on prior and that we didn't know what it was for but the TV played fine. Now we only have the blue power light on which is normal.

Anybody have any answers? Thanks

Try a video reset as described in the previous post.

Username: Evado

Hi,
I'm having an issue with Aquos LC60C46U: fuzzy pictures were posted here:
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00017.jpg
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00020.jpg
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00021.jpg
I've started a thread here to get help. Any other help will be appreciated.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1155469

Username: Unknown123

Does anybody know how to fix sound problem on a Sharp Aquos tv. Recently moved from the UK and it was working fine until now when we connected and turned it on.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4158
Is the TV PAL? What are you trying to watch? DVD, cable, etc.?

I am trying to watch TV, it was working in the UK. We programmed the channels here and everything's good, but there is no sound.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4160
TV doesn't tell me the source. Where are you? Is the TV PAL? If you're in the U.S., with a UK TV, the two countries use a different TV system.

Hi David

Thanks for replying. I'm sorry I did not provide enough information. I don't know much about these things. I am in Australia and I have somehow managed to get the volume to work. I don't know the right technological terms, but I think the problem was with the analogue channels. As soon as I programmed the HD channels, the volume is working fine. I hope this makes sense. On this telly the setup for analogue and HD is separate and I have been using the analogue setup all along until two days ago I decided to try the HD setup and it worked. Thanks again

Username: Wpas

Sharp LC-42D64U. Unit won't power on. The Power and OPC LEDs blink twice together then the OPC LED blinks a third time. Then the pattern repeats. Purchased the service manual but the manual dosn't tell what the flashing LED codes mean. Does anyone know where this code table can be found? Does anyone know what this flashing code means? Where} do you recommend buying parts?

shopjimmy is one option for buying parts.
Ebay is another.

I have some parts with me that I will be listing on ebay canada soon.

Post Number: 5
Bill Pass:

Typically it should be a main unit board issue. My TV issue was video blackout and power led flashing continuously.

I changed backlight inverter boards and power supply board but did not work and then finally I sold the TV on ebay for parts. LC42D72U.

Good luck.

Username: Gabriel_lozano

Campeche, Campeche Mexico

I bougth a Sharp LC-37 about a 9 months ago, this morning, had the following problem: When TV powers on after a couple of secs, goes off & the Power and OPC leds blinks together then the OPC led blinks. Ibetter turned off, does anyone has the same problem? What should I do?

Post Number: 6
Take it to the repair center if under warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 958
How is this TV mounted/installed? IF it is getting too hot that could explain these symptoms.

Username: Gabriel_lozano

Campeche, Campeche Mexico

No, is table stand, with good air ciculation...

Username: Dgalarne

aquos blinking lights, anyone resolved the problem

Username: Puainako00

I have a Sharp 46D65U the opc and power lights flash clicks once when pushing power button no picture or sound then goes back to flashing again,still under warranty Sears tech came by Saturday,says its an inverter problem.Will order then return in 2 weeks to install part,work order receipt reads as follows....Inverter PCB Replace,Labor $226.00,part 6 cents.I find it hard to believe the part is only 6 cents,but oh well as long as they fix it and send the bill to Sharp I'll be happy.Will post again on 30 Jan let you know how the repair went.

Username: Acherry

Guelph, On Canada

have a lc-42d64u. has worked great for two years . today there is a thin horizontal black line across my t.v. about half way up. anyone else have the same issue.

Username: Dlshaver

Richardson, TX USA

I want to let R. Blankenship know that I have a Sharp Aquios 46D64U with the exact same "skippy sound" problem on only channel 21.1 and has since it was new 2 years ago. I also have two analog to digital converter boxes on two other TV's that have no problem with sound on this channel from the same antenna. Signal strength on all TV's is excellent. I will add that in my area (Dallas / Fortworth, TX) channel 21.1 is broadcast on UHF channel 19.

Recently I have been having a similar problem on with channel 11.1 (broadcast on VHF 11) but to a much lesser degree. It is listenable, but the sound "skips" randomly every few seconds. Interestingly, and perhaps a clue to the cause, but maybe only if R. Blankenship lives in the Dallas area, is that when I called the station (Ch. 21) and asked if they could think of any reason why their equipment might be putting out something, or using some modulation method that sharp TV's might be sensitive to, they told me no, and that they were using the same equipment as channel 11! (their sister station). Then again, could be a coincidence.

If anyone has similar problems or knows the cause, please respond.

Username: Carrspaints

This is more of a tip than a complaint about Sharp tvs, which have a life span of a Chinese light bulb. 1st tip, don't buy Sharp. 2nd tip, if you own a model that was released within the past 18 months, i.e., a newish model, and you are having an issue with just the red power L.E.D. flashing on and off continuously, with the tv not swiching on at all, the fault is with your AV board. (The board that facilitates HDMI, Component, audio etc connectivity). The fault is not with the power supply, back light inverter, screen scan card or other. I buy faulty tvs and repair them. I have come across numerous Sharp tvs with this problem and the only effective repair was to replace this board (Models include UK versions LC42B20E, LC42DH77E, LC46DH77E & the new LED tvs LC40LE600E & 700E). I have had over 20 tvs come to me in less than 6 months with this problem. To prove my point, I have used identical modles, swopped over each & every board to confirm in every instance that the fault was with the AV board. Trying to find spare boards is difficult unless you can get one off ebay (tv with a broken screen)

Username: Flaboatlady

My sound went out on my Sharp Aquos LC-32D6U. I cannot get the sound to work and tried all the suggestions. I purchased my set in 2006 so I guess I am lucky it lasted 4 years from what I am reading all the posts about problems with these sets.

Username: Lcreagh

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-37AA1M and over the past week and a half we have experienced a problem. When we turn on using the remote, the light goes green and then clicks off and starts to flash red. I do not get a picture. Some house later I would try and the TV would go on. It would be fine for a day or two and them the problem would repeat. This problem is getting worse. I have been trying dozens of times and still no picture. All cables are connected.

It would seem that this has happened before to others after reading the forums. Would you let me know what the problem may be.

Username: Kathryn

Response to LC:

I had a silimar problem with my Aquos LC-32D41U. Sometimes it would turn on, but with no picture. I could turn if off an on several times and then get a picture. Later, it became increasingly difficult to get a picture. It was nearing 1 year and still under warranty. Took it for repairs and it worked perfectly for the TV repair people. They returned it to me. I got it home and could not get a picture. Sent it back. They said they could get a picture, but called the Sharp people who then told them it could be corroded parts. They replaced these and it's worked fine ever since. Sharp knows that this is a problem. Hopefully yours in under warranty. I would not buy a Sharp again.
Good Luck.

Username: Tseto

Hello. Wished I'd read this board two years ago before I bought my LC46D64U. I now have the flashing power and OPC light and no picture that many others have been asking about. It's off warrantee (1 year) but I had bought the Visions extended warrantee for 3 more years. Called the Sharp authorized repair and they came and took it away. Today they called me and said my screen has a tiny crack and that caused the power board to fail, thus the flashing lights and my warrantee is not valid. The screen worked perfectly before the flashing lights came on. There's no roughhousing around the TV so the chance of something hitting it is remote. If anything, the power supply problem caused the screen problem. Anyone encounter this situation? I paid extra for a warrantee and now am being denied. I'll probably have to pay a service charge to get the broken tv back. Any advice? I am extremely distraught! :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us