Mitsubishi WD 62628 2006 Shelbyville

Username: Rick_haas

Post Number: 1
Hello got an issue and needing help please! My TV when turning on only gives sound, then I unplug and green light flashes multiple times. Then when it stops I turn back on and all works well, Any ideas on what to do please? Thanks, Rick

Username: Rick_haas

Post Number: 2
It's Rick again. Not sure if this forum is helpful yet still haven't heard from anyone. If anyone might have an answer could you please email me at rhaas6531@comcast.net, thanks and hope to hear from someone, Rick

Username: Willyt

Post Number: 2
how do you change a dmb chip in a mitsubishi tv #wd65733

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2975
Rick....
Your FIRST step would be to record the number of green flashes and than look in the book for the cause code.

Problems with 6+ year old DLP should generally be met with a trip to the dump. Sorry. It may end up as 'one thing after another'.

The culprits? Color wheel. Bearings go bad......you can hear it sometimes.
Lamp. POP it's gone. Or it may be aged and not able to sustain. How many HOURS on the lamp? (in the menu somewhere)
Power Supply board to lamp. the 'Balast'. Frequently referred to repair part.
WIRING from lamp to balast. These wires get hot at the connections which results in (eventually) a poor connection. I'd change with every lamp change. It's cheap.

Problem is, I'm not sure the latest greatest flat panels are much better. The ONLY set I'd recommend would be a Panasonic Plasma. They are stable and good, but won't tolerate a bright room....or at least AS bright as some of the really bright LCD/LED sets.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us