Vizio L32 Bootstrap Capacitor

Username: Domdom120

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone,

Recently my Vizio L32 failed on me. At first the screen froze and all remote or manual buttons failed to respond. At this point the light remained amber and never turned green. After some research I decided to replace the main board. This fixed the problem... for about 3 days.

When it failed again it pretty much did the same thing, froze up, became unresponsive and needed to be unplugged and plugged back in to work. Then it stopped working after I unplugged it the third time. However, this time when I plug it back in the light goes from amber to green, to suggest that the TV should be working, however there is no image. I opened it up and turned it on, the backlight does not light up, not even for a second.

Upon doing some research I found it could be an issue with the "bootstrap" capacitor located at the C9(letter J) location of the power supply board. I inspected the capacitor location on the bottom of the board and notice a dry, clear rubbery substance. There are no signs(to me) that the capacitor failed other than this substance, however I am not sure if it should be there. I would like to make this repair by purchasing a capacitor kit for this board, but I want to get some insight to that substance and your opinions on why the light is failing. I have attached a couple pictures to show the substance and the location of the capacitor.

Thank you for all your input!

Username: Domdom120

Post Number: 2
Forgot the pictures...

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message