HLP6163W

Username: Cgull99

Post Number: 1
Well, Samsung finally has the specs for the HLP6163W on there web site.

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&pro d_id=HLP6163WX%2fXAA&selTab=Specifications

In the specs, it says that this TV has the 7-Segment Color Wheel, but in other posts I've read, I thought these were only going to have the 6-Segment, as Samsung was using the 7-Segment in their higher-end models coming out later this year. Does anyone know if this really has the 7-Segment Color Wheel, or is the web site wrong. Also, can anyone confirm exactly which chip this has in it, the HD2 or the HD3.

Thanks!

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
All of the 63 series has the HD2 chip. Only the new Tantus line (proposed 74 series) and the pedistal 85 series have the superior HD2+ chip. I've heard RUMORS of a HLP6197 coming out this fall that will have a xHD3 chip - the best known to date.

J Giles
Unregistered guest
Correction. The 63 series have the HD3 chip and the 7-Segment Color Wheel. There has been some confusion about the color wheel, but in the final production of the 63 series, Samsung upgraded to the 7 segment wheel. I ordered my HL-P6163W yesterday from Circuit City. It is expected to be in stock by 8/15/04

MrShmoo
Unregistered guest
I saw a HLP6163 at the Best Buy in Aurora, IL today. Nice looking set. It was returned by a customer who switched to the sony GWIII so it was marked down as an open box item just over $4,000.00. The sales guy indicated they were looking to sell quickly since they did not have any in stock and they don't like to display sets that they don't have it stock.

zubin
Unregistered guest
Jgiles,

May I ask how much you paid at CC? Were they willing to bargain at all? Did you get the CityAdvantage Warranty?

Thanks
Zubin

Bronze Member
Username: Russl

Holbrook, NY USA

Post Number: 12
I have a HLP5063W for three weeks now. The user manual indicates that the set has a seven-segment color wheel. And the xx63s all use the HD3 chip.

We should all get over the HD2+ HD3 arguments. The picture quality with the HD3, and the seven-segment wheel is incredible in HDTV, and terrific in STV (if the STV source is good). And I'm not using the DVI connection to the STB yet!!!

J Giles
Unregistered guest
Zubin,

I picked up my HL-P6163W yesterday from CC. I paid $4099.00 for it. When I purchased it a week ago, it was $4499.00 with $400 rebate. I was able to avoid mailing the rebate form by repurchasing the set. They were not willing to bargain on the set since they did not have any in stock and I was obviously eager to purchase it. I did not get the warranty, but I think that I am going to go back to the store and have it added.

Zubin
Unregistered guest
Thanks JGiles.

I am going to get one next month. Do you have satellite or cable? Hows the picture quality on standard definition?

I am getting the HD Tivo tomorrow and plan on hooking it up thru HDMI. I've heard some people say the PQ on SD is good but not great.

Thanks again

cwpopi
Unregistered guest
where did you get the 6163 at a cc there not in the store yet

JGiles
Unregistered guest
Zubin,

I have DirecTV. The picture quality on SD is not bad, so I would agree with what you have heard. I hooked everything up last night and watched CSI in HD on CBS. WoW!!!! My kids love DiscoveryHD.

Good luck

JGiles
Unregistered guest
cwpopi,

I live in Metro Washington DC. CC does not have the 6163 on the floor, but they do have them in their warehouse waiting for delivery. The warehouse that serves my area had 200+ units waiting as of Tuesday. You have to be persistent with the sales reps about checking the warehouse and not just other stores.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us