Dvd to dvd-r

Username: Georgetrains

Abingdon, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
I have recently purchased a panasonic dvd-r recorder and have transferred many vhs movies . I understand that to copy dvd's I will have a problem with copy protection . I do not desire to sell or distribute copies . I just want a personal back up . Are there reliable products that can help me ?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 85
You need a stabilizer, there are a few threads here on copying DVDs and stabilizers.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to turn macrovision off the digitrex9000 dvd recorder and don't laugh at me.?
I am sure it will make a good boat anchor

Bronze Member
Username: Foudemusique

Montreal, Quebec

Post Number: 13
george look for a digital video stabilizer

Bronze Member
Username: Andyyanov

Post Number: 23
Hello Mr. George O'Connor!
There are devices that can do such copies.
But it seems to me DVD Red Pro (http://www.dimax.com.ua/English/dvd_recorder.htm) the best one. I've tried different devices but I choose this device because I've got on output signal like original. The same quality.
You can try it. If you like it you will be use it. But if no you can return it without problem. These guys have strong support team.

Regards, Andy.

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 65
What's the difference between copying DVD movies with DVD recorder and burning a DVD movie on computer?

the time to do in each way?
the quality?
the format issue?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 531
On a DVD recorder you'll need a stabilizer and will be stuck with doing them in real time. A computer is faster and better quality and you don't need a stabilizer, there are free programs you can use.

Username: Noni

I just got the Dishnetwork 522 DVR. How can I burn the movies I have recorded on the 522 DVR hardrive to a DVD disc without using a computer?

Username: Jonnydaggett

I have used my DVD Red Pro several times, but it doesn't work with all movies. What's the deal? I've been successful with movies like Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Collateral, Training Day, and Walking Tall. But it will not let me copy movies such as First Blood, Reservoir Dogs, Heat, Man on Fire, and others. I thought I was doing something differently each time, but I've triple checked everything. Any help? Thanks.

Username: Andersenja

Augusta, Ga

Post Number: 8
I purchased one called Video Magic for around $75-80 and it's worked with every VHS and DVD I've tried so far. I recommend it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us