TANTUS vs non-tantus

Anonymous

To a newbie, can you please explain what the difference is between a Samsung DLP HDTV with Tantus vs. non-tantus?

RTRski
Unregistered guest
I'll try, but take anything I say as what I think I know...I'm no expert.

"Tantus" is their high-end branding name, like WEGA for Sony. So its really more a marketing mantra than any specific 'feature'.

The TANTUS line tends to therefore be their 'better performing' (and premium priced) line.

With the HLN DLP models (2003) the only real difference was the Tantus had a nicer case and smaller front bezel. With the 2004 HLP series it appears the difference will be more substantial: use of the HD2+ vs. HD3 chipset (despite the apparent numerical order, the 2+ reportedly has better picture quality/contrast ratio), and perhaps by the time the Tantus models come out they may even have integrated cablecard readers and digital tuners. The word's still not out on that. I myself am waiting with baited breath....should I just settle for the 63 series? Get an 85 series with pedastal (not really what I had in mind...) or wait for the 74 series Tantus? Will there even BE a 74 series or are they going to get dropped in exchange for some newer number (78??) with the cablecard integration etc.?

Only the Shadow Knows....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us