Samsung xx63 series: DVI vs. Component

Username: Gfunk808

Post Number: 10
I have a HLP4663 and recently switched from component to DVI feed from my Comcast HD set-top box. I don't think the picture is any better, and I've lost the ability to use panarama,zoom1/2 picture modes. Also, 4:3 mode on the TV appears crunched - with black bars on all sides!

Does anyone have any experience with the proper settings on the Comcast Cable Motorola STB? Also, are there setting changes I need to make on the Sammy itself?

Thanks.

freddog
Unregistered guest
On my HLP5063, I can only choose "4:3" and "Wide" on the component inputs. I imagine it would be simlar on the DVI input, however, my cable provider doesn't support DVI yet, so I don't know for certain. The 4:3 picture, looking crushed with black bars on the sides, means that you should switch to "Wide"

Bronze Member
Username: Gfunk808

Post Number: 11
The strange thing is that when I had the component cables in use, I could choose any of the five? picture size options. Now I cannot. I am not sure if it is a limitation of the DVI signal, or some setting issue either on the TV or the STB...

Oddly enough, I do remember seeing the Samsung user manual stating that all five picture size options aren't available when using the component source... weird.

Bronze Member
Username: Emkmd

Post Number: 72
Nick,
With HD you should only be able to select Normal or Wide.
-E

JR49ers
Unregistered guest
I switched from component to DVI and cant tell much of a difference. Also, I believe I had more swithcing modes using component. Anyways, I am returning the DVI monster cables I bought at Fry's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us