Which is better: Nfusion or Fish TV

Bronze Member
Username: Ragi48

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 83
Hello Nalin, Subash or any one who is really knowledgeable:
Since NFPS stopped working recently I switched to Fish TV and the channels are all right but a lot of freezing. There are a few, as you guys are aware, channels broadcasting on W118,8. We do get a few Hindi Telugu and Tamil channels but continued freezing and sometimes they are blank. My wife likes Hindi, Urdu Telugu and Tamil channels and my question to you gentlemen is whether to switch to Fish TV permanently or stay with Nfusion. Also please let me know if I can keep both of them. Logistically it is not very easy to change the IP config (I have a SV8000HD) or if there is any way to switch from Nfusion to Fish without getting into numbers on IP config. Will be much obliged for your kind reply.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Parilla

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 425
Chaff is an expert on the subject. There are no other really good helpers here except for Doreen and GredRaf

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16306
Upload

Mike

Nalin, Subash or Sada can help you on it, the helpers listed by Parilla aka Chevez will not help you on it!

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 779
Mike:

Just ignore Diego Garcia, he is out to create trouble.

There are receivers where you can enter public server and two private server information, then you can select the server you want to view from the remote.

Nanosat Premium is one such receiver and I understand you can do it on I-link 9500 HD as well, however it needs to be confirmed.

It is unfortunate that a simple interface to select servers is not available for SV8000HD.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 426
Mike, Subash and Nydas are the same person
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 306
in keeping this site clean of bashing wars .. I thank you for the compliment Diego.... but in all fairness Plymouth is good at iks server info .. Nalin has helped somewhat over the years and subash..... well not to sure about him yet . After all he is reiticly new still as far as helping goes

sorry subash but after being here since sept 06 and only 779 posts you have only recently began to "help" others. and from your recent post as of late.. they are not very helpful as far as FTA and receivers go.

But i will say YES you have helped some with you knowledge .

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21312
mike: I still remember you from 2006 or 2007.
fishtv is new, and from the information i have equally secure. I think they mean business. I don't know what they charge, so till you go though your 15 day free trial you won't know.
NTFS has survived to date - probably the longest survival amongst the cheaper IKS services. And it is cheap. Uncertainty of the service is the common denominator of them all.
If FishTV is distinctly different from NFPS (which it seems to be) then it is probably worth having both services.
IP config will be a problem if you have both services. Theoreticaly it seems to me a simple matter to reprogram the receiver using some kind of batch file, but I do not know of any simple software for it.
You could look at Fiddler
http://www.oxid.it/cain.html
I downloaded them just a couple of days ago with the idea of making my MagicJack independent of the computer's USB port but have not even installed it to find out more.
These are open source tools and it can't hurt to experiment with them to see if you can create small scripts to reprogram your receivers via the IP connection.
There may be others.

Bronze Member
Username: Tartarus

Post Number: 33
Stop all this BS and help the man if you can.

Bronze Member

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 84
Thanks Nalin and also thanks to Subash. Nalin, I know you will come through to me. I would say other postings are a bull sh*t and posted by bull sh*t artists! I am amazed at the quality of the forum which has gone from bad to worse
Thanks again..

Bronze Member
Username: Tartarus

Post Number: 37
And thank you for yours 84 posts in 5 years

I am amazed at the quality of the forum which has gone from bad to worse

so why did you come here?

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 8038
i will recommend u to get alteast 2 different type of server
so for example iksrocket and fish
or nfps and fish tv
i mean two different type of server and u wont' have any problem
since fish is new u will see problems ..

Hello Nalin, Subash or any one who is really knowledgeable:
Since NFPS stopped working recently I switched to Fish TV and the channels are all right but a lot of freezing. There are a few, as you guys are aware, channels broadcasting on W118,8. We do get a few Hindi Telugu and Tamil channels but continued freezing and sometimes they are blank. My wife likes Hindi, Urdu Telugu and Tamil channels and my question to you gentlemen is whether to switch to Fish TV permanently or stay with Nfusion. Also please let me know if I can keep both of them. Logistically it is not very easy to change the IP config (I have a SV8000HD) or if there is any way to switch from Nfusion to Fish without getting into numbers on IP config. Will be much obliged for your kind reply.
}

Bronze Member
Username: Baffin

Post Number: 16
Hi sada is it true the FBI is looking for you?

Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 605
mike reddi, you don't have anything to worry about as your SV8000 with the latest SVlan/wizhub bin will allow you to switch among seven different private servers along with their public service with the remote. It also apply to the SV360 elite, premium and 4000.

Bronze Member

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 85
Hello Lroy:
Thanks for your input. What I have is a SV HUB. Would that work or I have to buy a SV LAN?.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 782
Mike:

SVLan is a hardware device which is sold with a subscription to thier private server which they misleadingly call public service. The subscription I believe could be bought for their previous hardware SV hub as well - not too sure have to check.

You have two options to have the flexibility to use multiple private servers:

(i) Try out what nydas suggested

(ii) Explore the option of using your SV HUB with latest SV LAN files, without paying for their private server (which they brand as public service) to use it just as a mechanism to connect to private servers.

I am not sure if option (ii) is feasible or not. May be sada can help you on this. You may also register and post a question on this at satfix.net or ftabeta.com in their SV8000 section

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 435
Simply exquisite posting Subashi!!! I thought you were touring Eastern canada!!

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21314
SV Hub is a dongle, a physical device that allows conversion of Ethernet to USB and a software in it that allows interchange of information. The SV Lan is a misnomer and is a service and software.
in order to sell more HUBs (about $80-100) they alter the port calls and similar such that a new hub has to be bought to use the latest SVLan. Their fiddling has produced, I think four version of the Hub, so you have to have the latest. for a while they were supporting the older hubs.
The story on Kbox hubs is slightly different. NFPS supports many receivers, and then they or somebody discovered that they could offer it for those with Khub - IF they bought version 4 of the Hub and now I think it is version 5 of the Hub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us