HD Receiver question

Bronze Member
Username: Nrizvi

Livermore, Ca Usa

Post Number: 97
Hi , What is a good and reliable high definition FTA box currenly being supported by NFPS

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 676
I-link 9500

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4582
i-link 9500 Good specs, comes with HDMI cable
Built in PVR (you will need to install an external Dard Drive)
I don't know anything about their PTA support
But during service up you can record overnight on usig PVR

Shop4fta.com
626-627-4382
If your internet is far from router you might consider this vonets to connect to your wireless router
Better Wifi than the bridge and cheaper

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 677
King:
Support for both Public and can also have private NFPS, can easily switch between public and private servers.

The only thing lacking is it is 1080i, since only VOD is on 1080p and best sat broadcast is only 1080i it affects only 1080p playbacks.

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4583
I don't understand what yo mean "best sat broascast is only 1080i affects only 1080p playbacks"

This i-link 9500 accoding to specs is a 480i Video-out
another word it's a piece of krap regardless or compared to any other FTA
So when yo take it from HDMI it's neither 1080i nor 720p OUTPUT
What goes in (input signal) is 1080i what comes out is 480i precessed to 480p

They still have't come out with any serious1080i or 1080p FTA despite various claims
But they do however decode 720p and 1080i Input to 480i output
Now how can you figure this out?
By plugging HDMI to a Panasonic HDTV or Sony that reads and recognize signal out of FTA receiver and will tell you incoming signal

Unless I'm misuderstanding your quote

quote:

The only thing lacking is it is 1080i, since only VOD is on 1080p and best sat broadcast is only 1080i it affects only 1080p playbacks.

Also VOD comes out of a third party secure servers even if you break the Na!gra will still be black screen I would imagine
I did write countless times in the past about blu-ray and 1080p

Silver Member

Post Number: 678
Even cable companies cannot do 1080p, I believe it is due to bandwidth limitation, what you get in their channels is 1080i.

Satellite channels are also at 1080i. I have seen I-link 9500 specs that claim video output at 480p/720p/1080i. I-link manufacturer site is not there anymore so it is hard to confirm. I think you are wrong that the output is downgraded to 480i or 480p

I very much doubt if anyone would pay extra money for a HD receiver plus buy and install turbo 8PSK board, only to get HD source and view it in SD resolution. They may as well watch the same channels directly in SD itself.

However it would not surprise me if members of ga*y/looser bunch aka fun bunch may pay extra and be glad to watch it in SD

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4584
No, I don't think yo will ever see false claims of 1080i Video resolution as an output
Cuz this is easily read on HDMI TVs as I described
If yo wanna see 1080i on Verizon Fios and compare it to FTA garbage HD yo'll see the difference
Currently using Sigma chipset garbage

1080p means progressive scan true frames of 60 non-interlaced
1080i means 60 interlaced fields equivalent of 30 frames per second

This is not a real issue anymore to modern TVs that has 1080p/240
Meaning it will take 1080i source and preocessly de-interlace it to imitate 1080p. results usually very impressive even to trained eyes

They will come out with 1080i or 1080p FTA receivers in one chip it's not a big of a deal
Right now only Broadcom chips has it and they are very expensive
I know Intel is starting to make these chips and this will drive the cost very low to almost $100 range

If yo know about processing chipset here is a link I got from verimatrix
But I do know that Intel will join the race and will be available late this year
http://www.verimatrix.com/partners/chipset_vendors.php

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
Limesat have 1080i but not 1080p, as per the manufacturer
Limesat HD specs

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4585
No Subash
Try to locate the word 1080i Video resolution or 1080i output
Do yo know something these are not even 32 bit video, they are 24 bit
These are HD decoder boxes outputed to 480i
They are not even upscale to 1080i
Yo are looking at HD broadcast in 16:9 format in 480i output

Don't go with what I say maybe I'm wrong
Just plug it to TV that detects input display read what it says and come back and tell me

Silver Member

Post Number: 680
King:
Since I do not have a HD sat receiver. I cannot confirm the output. Here are the others on a Sony 240hz TV
---------------------------------------------------------------
HD channel on cable: 1080i HD 16:9
reg cable channel: 480i SD unrated
(component video cable)

Play Station 3: 1080p HD 16:9
(HDMI cable)

Nintendo wii: NTSC unrated
(composite video)

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 743
...at least tell the O.P. he needs an add on 8psk module to get the stuff he is after...

Bronze Member

Livermore, Ca Usa

Post Number: 98
Hi Folks, I see a lot of S9 HD receiver on Ebay for approx $150 (open Box) I am wondering if this is a good box to buy or go for I link 9500. Please advise. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 744
Openbox might be good for blind scan fta dvb-s2 - but not good for nfps

ilink 9500 w/8psk module might be good w/nfps - but no good with fta hd

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16193
ilink 9500 w/8psk module might be good w/nfps - but no good with fta hd

Why my poor Shaft?

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4587
8PSK is a demodulator i.e. decoder add on hardware

Silver Member

Post Number: 745
Why ...because its the truth, maybe you would buy an mpeg2 receiver for fta hd .. but I will not recommend it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
It is not any 8PSK it is turbo 8PSK needed for Dik, not needed for anything else

Silver Member

Post Number: 746
Of course its the hack 8psk board, needed to steal dn hd.. I didn't think I had to spell it out to a seasoned veteran as yourself

Silver Member

Post Number: 682
It was addressed to OP

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4588

quote:

Of course its the hack 8psk board,

Direct Shaw uses 8PSK why don't yo kack it with yor 8PSK board?
8PSK is just a decoder demodulator
Yo guys are watching 1080i broadcast on a 16:9 screen, not a very sharp quality

Once again my advice stay Standard Definition
better HD boxes will be available by next year

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16194
Chaff
Silver Member

Posted on Monday, May 30, 2011 - 10:23 pm:
Of course its the hack 8psk board, needed to steal dn hd.. I didn�t think I had to spell it out to a seasoned veteran as yourself

The 8psk has nothing to do with the Conditionnel access system which permit you to see the encrypted channels, the turbo 8spk from Dn use the H,264 Codec to use less band space and allowing more channels on a transponder, "Turbo" is only a term used by Dn

Silver Member

Post Number: 683
Plymouth
You are right the turbo 8psk board is not hack, it is to demodulate the signals that have been modulated by turbo 8psk and nothing to do with hacking.

However H.264 is MPEG-4 video compression for which you can use either 8psk modulation or turbo 8psk modulation.

If the signals were modulated with just 8psk modulation, it could be viewed without any add on board using I-link 9500 HD, since it is modulated by turbo 8psk an add on board is needed.

Only Captive Works 4000HD has sky walker 3 capable of decoding turbo 8psk and does not need any add on board for dik, however it is linux based and is something that one would not recommend for novice user.

Turbo 8psk uses less bits for FEC, which makes the correction less robust, that's why they can gain the bandwidth, dik can get away with it since they use ku band which is less susceptible to rain fade. However direct TV uses ka band which is more susceptible to rain fade, so they use 8psk modulation which uses more bits for FEC.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16195
Subash

The KA band use a higher frequency nothing more, that has nothing to do with the 8psk using!

This frequency band permit to the user to use a bi-directionnel communication with less power than Ku band!

This frequency band is also used for the internet and IPTV!

Silver Member

Post Number: 684
Plymouth

8psk has higher level of FEC, which is used by direct TV for their ka band, rain fade of signals is higher in ka band hence a higher FEC is needed which takes up more bits or bandwidth for FEC.

Turbo 8psk has lower level of FEC, which is used by dik for their ku band, rain fade is less in ku band hence lower FEC is needed , this results in less bits or bandwidth for FEC.

As they say in economics there is no such thing as free lunch something is given up to gain another thing.

May be King can weigh in on signal degradation/rain fade. However I am quite sure turbo 8psk FEC is of lower level, hence a gain in bandwidth for data with less FEC overhead, in contrast with 8psk which has higher FEC.

Silver Member
Username: Eldonperrito

Huntington Beach, California Usa

Post Number: 109
great info..

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16196
Subash

Ka band need less (F)orward (E)rror (C )orrection because the signal need less power in this frequency range for a clearer signal with less error!

The result is as good for Direct TV than Dn with Turbo code!

Same thing with the lower frequency of C-band and Ku-band which need a smaller dish with the higher frequency!

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4589
Plymouth
8PSK and H.264 are 2 different things
H.264 can still 4PSK or QPSK in half the bandwidth of current broadcast
Broadcasters didn't use H.264 yet. but it's the way of the future
Once again DN using older technology

FEC they are 2 bit flags 2/3 meaning flag 2 & 3
Depending on Freq and polarity

Username: Tartarus

Post Number: 9
All you C/P have no idea what are you talking about

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16197
King

Dn use H.264 compression for Turbo HD!

""You Demand. We Deliver!

DISH Network is the first to offer 1080p VOD. Watch your movies with stunning clarity, unsurpassed detail, and resolution equal to Blu-ray Disc! Select from thousands of movie titles and TV shows. Watch it as often as you like within a 24-hour period. Available for the 512 (SD/DVR), 522, 612, 622, 625, 722 and 922 DVR receiver models.""

http://www.dishnetwork.com/vod/default.aspx

""Broadcast technology

While for years Dish Network has used standard MPEG-2 for broadcasting, the addition of bandwidth-intensive HDTV in a limited-bandwidth world has called for a change to an H.264/MPEG4 AVC system. Dish Network announced as of February 1, 2006, that all new HDTV channels would be available in H.264 format only, while maintaining the current lineup as MPEG-2. Dish Network intends to eventually convert the entire platform to H.264 in order to provide more channels to subscribers. In 2007, Dish Network reduced the resolution of 1080-line channels from 1920x1080 to 1440x1080. Reducing horizontal resolution and/or data rate of HD video is known as HD Lite and is practiced by other TV providers as well.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dish_Network

They have introduce the Turbo HD with a real 1080p, wiki is not updated!

Silver Member

Post Number: 685
King:
I agree H.264 is video compression aka MPEG-4. 4PSK and 8PSK are modulations.

Plymouth:
It is the other way round turbo 8PSK uses less bits for Forward Error Correction(FEC) so in effect they can add more channels. it would be better to use more bits for FEC.

Then it would be more reliable, but less number of channels for dik and less revenue, they want to make money by selling more channels, they do not care if you loose your signal in the rain.

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 262
Upload

Upload

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4590
When I write something on this site no one seem to understand it
When I provide links it's when they seem to finally belive

Read this article to understand between MPEG-4 and H.264
http://www.movingpicture.com/news/2006/02/mpeg-4_vs_h264a.html

This was posted 5 years ago
Once again Dik finds himself so outdated
Cuz I say H.264 in HD will cost less than half price of SD channels
None of the broadcasters yet to use H.264 in TV Broadcast
In just 2 years yo will start to see it in place of 8PSK

Let me give yo an example
SD in MPEG-2
1-TP can hold 40 channels at 3mbps
or 25 channels at 5mbps
They do this by increase symbol rate to fit as many as channels as possible

MPEG-4 is a much higher level compression
HD 720p in 2.5 Mbps MPEG-4 is so much better than SD 480i 5Mbps
Higher Quality and Cheaper in Satellite bandwidth
1080i full HD can still cost higher than 480i 5Mbps and will take forever to uplink and downlink by satellites Channels will Zap slow
This is why they use 8-PSK modulation and can be accomodated by today's standard processors

If you are new in the broadcast business
Yo are in-luck
Cuz say hello to H.264
1Mbps H.264=about 4.5 Mbps SD
2.5Mbps H.264= Full 1080i 10 Mbps and in 4PSK

So they don't need 8PSK
As result very very fast zaptime when yo change channels without 8PSK
Very very low cost bandwidth to broadcasters
Can fit over 40 ch per HD-TP
Over 100 SD channels per TP

Yo guys ain't seen anything big yet
Just keep an eye on H.264 and remember what King says

Q) Yo can ask me why are they gonna upgrade again?
A) Cuz they have to be out of their mind if they don't
Their biggest expense is the satellite bandwidth cost
If they can cut it by half why not

But the challenge is:
Satellites will have no chance against Verizon Fios and AT&T U-verse
There will be fewer viewers watching Satellites 5 years from now
So many features to offer in interactive as 2 way like internet
They will offer Catch up technology like DVR on all channels
Already pretty big in Europe past 3 years
This will let yo watch any program on any channel without programming
Satellites are just receivers

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4591
This link should be working:
http://www.movingpicture.com/news/2006/02/mpeg-4_vs_h264a.html

Bronze Member
Username: Yassou

Post Number: 28
Cheap trick

Excellent way to put it so we all can understand.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21180
Cheap Trick and Papi.

Just butt out! This discussion is not meant for children.

Silver Member

Post Number: 686
King:
Good post. I have been in the communications industry, in almost all cases there is no such thing as 100% compliance with the standards, on the contrary if it is 50% standard compliance itself is a big deal. The link you provided is right on the money on that issue.

Often they find the cheapest solution to maximize profits, it is obvious why dik saved bytes in FEC by using Turbo 8PSK than regular 8PSK. The impelemtation of full fledged MPEG-4/H.264 compression would save more bytes, but would cost more money in terms of investment, saving bytes in modulation by using turbo 8PSK was much cheaper to implement.

It is important to differentiate data compression and modulation, quite often many forget to identify it as two seperate independent entities, thanks to this thread it will make it clear to all adults who have read this thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 747
back to the ilink , there is only one 8psk board for that receiver and its not for fta channels- unfortunately I used the word hack and confuzzled you people.

Silver Member

Post Number: 687
There are some choices of turbo 8psk boards, nfusion board works better, this has been posted before
turbo 8psk

Silver Member

Post Number: 689
bump
jerk hereafter has caused trouble in forum

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 135
http://www.tvtoyz.com/receivers/8psk_boards.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
---------------------------------------------------------
Definitions
psk = Phase modulation is a version of frequency modulation where the phase of the carrier wave is modulated to encode bits of digital information in each phase change. (a.k.a encodes the data into 0's and 1's)
qpsk = Quadrature 4 phase-key shifting
8psk = 8 phase key shifting
qpsk can have 4 different combinations to encode the data
8psk can have 8 different combinations to encode the data
Quadrature 4 phase-shift keying = Can only have 4 different states of 00 - 11 (ie: 00, 01, 10, 11)

8 phase-shift keying = can have 8 different states of 000-111 (ie: 000, 101, 010, 100, 001 ,011, 110, 111)

simple reason why B3V HD is the only possibility natively for HD units so far is that currently B3V 82 (B3V HD channels) use QPSK modulation format for their HD channels. Currently all HD models out there can only pickup HD channels using the QPSK module since they all have QPSK module's (tuners) natively inside them. Its a much more simple modulation technology then 8PSK. Less complex, easier, whatever term you wanna use. Use the definitions above as a reference.

On the other end of things, DN has all their HD channels using the 8PSK modulation format. This is why those channels currently cannot be picked up as mentioned, all HD receivers out NOW cannot do the 8PSK format NATIVELY. The future is a different story.

Now can 8PSK support be added to all HD receivers? Apparently it can be, the new VS-9000 will be capable of doing 8PSK with a addon adapter which allows an addition of a special 8psk tuner/module.

Will 8PSK be supported natively soon?.. Only time will tell that, but I am sure its being worked on that as I write this. There is no doubt 8PSK is a much more complex format for "phase shift keying" then qpsk, so having support for it wont be that simple of a task. I have no doubt there may be other factors that me or you are not aware of which is causing the units to not ship natively with 8psk support. Like legal issues. Cost issues. Manufacturing issues. Who knows.

Here is some more in depth info which sheds more light on the difference between 8PSK and QPSK..

8PSK is a higher modulation compared to QPSK. In QPSK bit/symbol rate is 2 while in 8PSK, it is 3. In other words, you can transfer more number of data using 8PSK than QPSK modulation. Supporting the 8PSK modulation is relatively costlier because of the technology involved. Hence, the 8PSK based solution is more expensive. Considering the utilization for a given allocated bandwidth, it is advisable to go in for 8PSK solution, though hardware may be costly.

Simply put, FTA HD's are CURRENTLY using QPSK natively rather then 8PSK. Hopefully in the near future, ALL FTA HD receivers will use the new 8PSK modulation either by special addon devices or natively.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16214
Doreen

Please post your source!

http://www.ftaprofessionals.tv/hd-discussions/481-fta-high-def-bev-hd-vs-dn-hd-8 psk-vs-qpsk.html

Silver Member
Username: Parilla

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 332
Thank You Doreen

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
you're welcome and yes Plymouth thats where i got it from.

Silver Member

Post Number: 691
The information posted by Doreen is from Oct 2008.

Currently there are FTA receivers that supports 8PSK without any add on module, however it does not support turbo 8PSK., however with these one can view true FTA HD channels.

The only box that supports turbo 8PSK is Captive Works 4000HD
However turbo 8PSK board could be added to FTA receivers, if one needs them.

Silver Member
Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 228
Subject: HD Receiver question

nash h rizv

Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 11:13 pm:

Hi , What is a good and reliable high definition FTA box currently being supported by NFPS

A simple question needs only a simple answer

nash h rizv would like an answer from one with experience
that has a HD receiver that is supported by NFPS, period

After 5 days and (45) posts there is no answer to
his simple question, just bunch of simple people.
Upload

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16219
JOHNNY BOY the number (dumb-azz) one

Your reply look idiot!

You win the useless answer of this thread!

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
JOHNNY BOY
You could not read the second and third post in this thread or you thought I-link 9500 is not a HD receiver.

Gold Member

New York Citay in-HD, NY

Post Number: 4592
8PSK is not a new technology, it has been around since early 80s (my college years)
It's a way to encode digital signal on an analog modulated carrier
Mainly to be used for a very large size digital signal
For the purpose of fetching data in multiple phases simultaneously
Modulated and demodulated to improve Zap Time
Zap Time means time it takes to change channels

When H.264 becomes the standard in broadcast
There will be no 8PSK needed back to QPSK
Channels will change faster using less electronics and much smaller signal

BTW
Flash 9&10 has the same data schemes as H.264
Flash runs on Windows or OSX
H.264 runs on linux
Youtube started releasing videos in h.264 but will continue in Flash and this is another problem in multimedia
MicroSoft wants their own video in silverlight

Silver Member
Username: Jitu

Post Number: 447
nash h rizviBronze Member

Livermore, Ca Usa

Post Number: 97
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 11:13 pm:
Hi , What is a good and reliable high definition FTA box currenly being supported by NFPS

AzBox HD is great receiver for FTA I think it do not have NFPS

Silver Member

Post Number: 696
G2:
I credit you with better sense than fun bunch idiots, do not post like fun bunch, without understanding the question

The question by OP was a HD FTA box that is supported by NFPS, no one needs NFPS for FTA.

AzBox is useless for NFPS, since channels supported by NFPS are in turbo 8PSK,
(i) AzBox HD is compatible with 8PSK for true FTA
(ii) There are no turbo 8PSK cards available for AzBox
(iii) AzBox is not in the list of boxes at http://iksprivateserver.com/.

The two posts immediately after the original post were the correct answers and there was mostly good discusssion that followed regarding video compression, modulation etc. of course with the exception of some nonsense posts by Cheap Trick and Papi, and irrelavent posts by Doreen and Johnny Boy.

If you can find a turbo 8PSK board that is compatible with AzBox then your post will make sense and I will compliment you for the correction.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 343
Subashi......Kindly stay with the topic at hand without wandering off in some sort of dream world .Thank You!

Silver Member

Post Number: 698
Most of the posts in this thread are beoynd your IQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Spicy_jones

Post Number: 59
Subash, I'm going to break it down and color it for you like I do my kids

Hi , What is a good and reliable high definition FTA box
( first part of his question)

currently being supported by NFPS

Subash.............The two posts immediately after the original post were the correct answers.

OK, the first answer was your, you said...........I-link 9500
but didn't say if the I-link 9500 receiver was supported by NFPS?

Do you own this receiver or you just running your
mouth like you always do blowing smoke out of your azz

btw..........G2 gave him one part of his question just like you did

Quote: G2..............AzBox HD is great receiver for FTA I think it do not have NFPS

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21190
Ko:
Post Number: 59.

Subash does NOT need your analysis of the question.

If you can answer the question answer it,
otherwise BUTT out!

Silver Member

Post Number: 448
Subhash I was discussing the thread topic "hd receiver question" for FTA as mentioned in my post it is not for NFPS
In this thread one member asked which is best HD Receiver for NFPS and some members replied to him

Do one needs to open new thread to discuss for NON NFPS receivers in thread named " HD Receiver question?

Silver Member

Post Number: 751

quote:

subash
The two posts immediately after the original post were the correct answers

The OP would NOT get the HD he is after with those two correct answers.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21193
Chaff: The question was:

"Hi , What is a good and reliable high definition FTA box currenly being supported by NFPS"

You have given half, and quarter answers, and have repeatedly criticized others in this thread.
Instead of beating around the bush, why don't you just say what, in your opinion, "is a good and reliable high definition FTA box " which is "currently supported by NFPS" ?
Note that the question is in the singular, so just name one receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 702
nydas
you are asking chaff to answer a question that is beyond his mental capacity

Silver Member

Post Number: 754

quote:

Subash

Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:16 am:

Can you get HD channels in SD mode - from Nfusion Phoenix receiver?

nydas , please help your eunuch with its question

Silver Member
Username: Ei_toro_the_great

Post Number: 199
nash h rizvi

Thanks for your business
come back soon if you have another question

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21199
Subash has concluded that it has to be ilink 9500 and he is very knowledgeable. King is a stalwart and has concluded that it has to be I-link 9500 and he is an expert. King's detailed knowledge on the subject can be seen here.
Chaff with his half knowledge is never satisfied. His half knowledge and perpetual objections show up here.

When it comes to comparing very good answers and mediocre intervention, you can get the benefit of Plymouth vast technical knowledge here. or here.

In spite of interruptions, by people like Cheap Trick, Doreen the Pretneder, Papi, Diego Garcia, etc.,
nash h rizvi was served well. Those irrelevancies can be safely ignored.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 356
quote:

Subash

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
Jack as*sia aka Diego Garcia:

Topics such as Realtime HD to SD downscaling is way beyond your IQ and retards like you get confused so stay out

Silver Member

Post Number: 755
Nalin's eunuch aka subash...
Hopefully you realize you need HD receiver to be able to view HD channels....your Nfusion Phoenix wont work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
also may I add plus a HD TV

Silver Member

Post Number: 716
Chaff and Don Diego de la Vega:

Only for you SD channels will not show on HD receivers/HDTV.

You will not see anything if a channel is broadcast in 1080i on a 720p TV.

You need to go to a class and learn to make it happen, for all others it will work.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21202
Chaff: You are still confused and trying to confuse others.
nash h rizvi asked advice on which HD reciever to buy and he was advised by subash and King to buy a Ilink 9500.

At no time did anybody suggest that nash h rizvi should buy a Nfusion Phoenix.

You Chaff, brought in a question asked by Subash in July 2010 about Realtime HD to SD downscaling on Nfusion Phoenix.. The question was not asked to you but to others more knowledgeable than you.
Subash has already explained that "Topics such as Realtime HD to SD downscaling is way beyond your IQ", so if you want to discuss that subject, perhaps you should go and take a six months course on the topic and then you will be most welcome to discuss it.
In the meantime, I suggest you continue with your Gaay activity. We can all assure you that it is perfectly legal in USA and Canada, as long it is between consenting adults. But for God's sake keep your comments about highly technical subjects or about your being a eunuch out of this forum, because it is irrelevant to us whether you are at the giving or the receiving end of your Gaay activity.

Q.E.D.

Silver Member

Post Number: 756
Nalin your eunuch just added the downscaling ---it was not in its original post...

the dumbfuck wanted to watch HD channels on SD receiver ..The sd receiver can get signal from a qpsk hd feed but it will not be viewable.. .

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 366
Subashi probably lives in a box in an alley
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 717
Chaff:
Dumb idiot, was asking if a feature was available.As nydas confirmed my assessment of you and Diego Garcia you need a 6 months course, since providing you with technical information on downscaling is of no use to you, since it is way beyond your capacity.

Bronze Member
Username: Duffy_losers_bar

Post Number: 16
quote:

Subash

No you can't

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
wow.. some people in this thread are full of themselves.... perhaps this person would prefer to go to a better site and "brag" about his knowledge and his greatness there. Considering he knows many here are not smart ( so he tells everyone)
Oh and don't forget to mention your high post counts from this site . i'm sure they will be impressed about that.

If you don't like other members here ,why are you even here ?

go... get... vamoose and don't let the door hit your @ss on the way out.

How dare you come in this forum ( or any site forum for that matter ) and belittle everyone so much. WE got it ... you're "god of this site" but must you be so nasty and cruel about others.

You do not deserve "braggers or belittling rights. " like i said, get out of here and try to run ( ruin ) some other site.

THIS IS A CHAT DISSCUSION FORUM... ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN IN it's in the rules, no matter how lame you think there responses are. NO NEED TO BASH PEOPLE FOR THEIR EFFORTS.

LEARN THE RULES AND PROPER CONDUCT FOR THE LAST TIME OR JUST DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STFU!!!!

Sorry for distruting this thread, but i am sick of some people around here telling other members to get lost etc.... and it's got to be said.

Don't throw the rules in my face on till you learn and use them first.
trying to get me banned for speaking my mind is useless considering you started bashing members first in this thread.

How does it feel to be bashed back? Keeping in mind that that's all most of us (the fun bunch) have done here is>>>>> BASH BACK... NOT START THE BASHING WARS. |i am just the middle person standing up for her fellow members. And i like doing the job ......hehe

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16240
Doreen

You are so blind this morning!

Most of the bashing posts were deleted making the comprehension of the thread very hard for someone which has not see those posts!

Why not keep your discussion about the first question instead of blaming real helpers unfortunatly always bashed by the so called "fun bunch"?

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
sorry Plymouth but Nalins last post says it all ... it is NOT deleted

I suggest you continue with your Gaay activity. We can all assure you that it is perfectly legal in USA and Canada, as long it is between consenting adults. But for God's sake keep your comments about highly technical subjects or about your being a eunuch out of this forum,because it is irrelevant to us whether you are at the giving or the receiving end of your Gaay activity.
}

WHY SAY THAT??
WHY ACT so high and mighty??
Why must you and nalin or subash belittle others all the time ?
the list goes on...

WHY PLYMOUTH why do you guys do this (to any member for that matter.) even the ones that you think are other members.....It's not your job to control this site. THIS IS A FREE DISSUSION FORUM FOR ANYONE TO GIVE THIER INFORMATION TOO ANY THREAD no matter how wrong or lame it is !!!!

WHAT MAKES YOU 3 THINK ONLY YOU ARE RIGHT AND ALL THE REST ARE WRONG .

ANSWER ME THAT, AND I MAY RESPECT YOU ALL .. |BUT ON TILL THEN, PLEASE RESPECT OTHER MEMBERS FOR THIER EFFORTS IN TRYING TO BE HELPFUL!!!!!.

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
I am so sick of this kind of behaviour and BS

sorry for this but it has to be asked and said .... I am just trying to figure you 3 out.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16241
Doreen

My answer is in your above post!

"Most of the bashing posts were deleted making the comprehension of the thread very hard for someone which has not see those posts! "

You can see that I reply only on bashing posts demeaning poeples, never I start the bashing!

What about BS of the "fun bunch"?

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
i am not part of the " fun bunch" neither is chaff ( there is no fun bunch any more) it's all in your heads , but i do read Nalins post. WHY CALL CHAF G@Y and imply his doesn't have a right to post? I don't care what was deleted.

BASHING IS CALLING OTHER MEMBERS NAMES AND OR TRYING TO DISCREDIT THEM!!!! plan and simple

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16243
Why you do not condemn Greraf, Garcia and many others for their usual bashing?

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
how do you know i don't? i do chat with Greg raf on an other site.

i don't know who Garcia is sorry ....I can't answer that question about him or her.

if it will make you feel better i will tell them to stop. if and when i notice anyone starting the bashing wars. Just like you try to do. I am not going to try to control anyone tho. Just be respectful of the rules

Something i have suggested many times here, even before you came into this sight Plymouth.

My point is .......you 3 START IT most of the time because of your "high post counts" assuming your right and everyone else doesn't have a right to post here.

And then you have a audacity to tell the admin to ban us just because we tell you off.
we wouldn't feel the need to tell you off if you guys were not so rude yourselves. and this is what started "the fun bunch"... i have metioned this in the past as well. Yet you still wont listen to reason or change your way but expect everyone else too.

what makes you 3 so high and mighty and beneither the rules?
WHY?????????????

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21206
Doreen: If you want to become an adult this is the wrong way of doing it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
btw plymouth i was posting in this thread b4 now.... scroll up and so i get email notifucations... ALL posts even the DELETED posts .

i am not liking what i read...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21208
Doreen said "i am not liking what i read..."
To be able to discern between good and bad and liking or not liking something you read is all a part of becoming and adult. You are doing fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
I WILL NOT RESPONED TO YOU CHILDISH BELITTLING REMARKS...

have a good Nalin

Silver Member

Post Number: 723
Doreen:
You just can only fool some people some time, evethough you may fool all people some time, but never all the people all the time. Who started all the bashing in this thread

Don Diego de la Vega
"All you C/P have no idea what are you talking about"

It was until then a good civil technical discussion free of any bashing whatsoever, of course with many disagreements regarding the content of the posts. Which was folowed by many trash fun bunch posts, inspite of that some good technical material was posted.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
ummm what is your point subash... MY answer to "Who started all the bashing in this thread " Answer is ..... NALIN. YOU AND PLYMOUTH....there ya go ....
scroll up and read. or are you so senile to remember your own posts?

why post sh!t about this "Don Diego de la Vega " when posting to me ? what does that member have to to with me?

i don't get get your comments.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
oh and one more thing ..... you subash will only think any thread with you nalin and plymouth is "good civil technical discussion"

to h3ll with the rest of us for TRYING to dissuss anything anywhere on this forum. YOU' RE A HYPOCRITE...

I AM NOT IN THE MOOD FOR YOUR MUNDAIN RESPONCES.

HAVE A NICE DAY NONE THE LESS....

Silver Member

Post Number: 725
hmmm nydas was never in the thread till idiots started bashing since he does not simply post something unless he knows it really well.

nydas first post was in response to nonsense being posted in a thread which had civil technical discussion, untill the idots started bashing. Get it

nydas
Diamond Member

Cheap Trick and Papi.

Just butt out! This discussion is not meant for children.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
you are so wrong about nalin .. he came in this forum 3 yrs ago knowing NOTHING ..... he even addmitted to not even owning a FTA reciever or never even heard of FTA till 3 yrs ago ....YET he was posting all about "HIS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT FORTEC receivers.

he doesn't even own a reciever of any kind. he's to cheap to buy one and doesn't have the know how to even work one. don't let him fool you. he's the COPY AND PASTE KING.. stealing others hard work and knowledge acting like its his.

How can anyone that never heard of fta or never worked on a Fortec receiver or any...give out HELPFUL info to OTHERS that did n't own A FTA reciever and DID NOT WORK ON THEM AS A HOBBY?

thats like teaching someone to swim and yet never having jumped in the water himself in his life. Would you trust that guy?

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
oh and nice post by nalin .. comming into a "civil technical discussion" with the intent to BASH people. I thought YOU mentioned it was ONLY the fun bunch that did all the bashing towards other members?

Yup you're right... he's all grown up and acting like an adult. Lmao

try again...

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
Doreen the problem with some members is EGO they never want to let their GOOGLY posts be countered

For the one who bash me it will proove that he/she googles to answer and have half knowledge and have ego

Silver Member

Post Number: 726
Doreen:

Get off your selective vision, it was initially mostly King Tapeman and me with Plymouth joining in now and then, Nydas was not even there till idiots started bashing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 758
subash .
understand that you are also to blame for any bashing that goes on here ... your third post in this thread was an invitation to bash

However it would not surprise me if members of ga*y/looser bunch aka fun bunch may pay extra and be glad to watch it in SD

Plymouth's first post in this thread was also an invitation to bash.

You need to check your selective vision too.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21210
Chaff: You never had an answer to the person who asked the question starting this thread.
You were asked directly to post your answer and still you did not.
.Now butt off since your only interest in this is to bash

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
nydas
I do not have a HD receiver or an SD receiver connected to any IKS system, so I refrain from posting what is reliable and what is not.

my advice is ..if you are going to pay for a subscribed service do it legally.

Silver Member

Post Number: 736
Chaff:
You dont have a brain so it does not matter

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
Current HDTV receivers support resolutions of 480i, 480p, 1080i, and 720p. Although not supported by Bell TV, a component or S-Video connection to a non-HD television set at 480i will actually provide video, but only 1080i and 720p will actually yield HD quality. The star (*) and PAGE UP buttons of the remote allow the client to change the aspect ratio of their screen, enabling them to manipulate the image with a zoom, partial zoom, stretch, and with the use of gray bars. Grey bars seem to be used on 4:3 images to prevent burn-in.

High-definition video or HD video refers to any video system of higher resolution than standard-definition (SD) video, and most commonly involves display resolutions of 1,280×720 pixels (720p) or 1,920×1,080 pixels (1080i/1080p). This article discusses the general concepts of high-definition video, as opposed to its specific applications in television broadcast (HDTV), video recording formats (HDCAM, HDCAM-SR, DVCPRO HD, D5 HD, AVC-Intra, XDCAM HD, HDV and AVCHD), the optical disc delivery system Blu-ray Disc and the video tape format D-VHS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

Standard or High Definition: It's All in the Pixel Count

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/118003.html

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 355
Ms. Doreen: Congratulations. That was brilliant research.

BTW, are you the same Doreen who I talked with once before on this forum?

Silver Member

yes just new account

Silver Member

Doreen
Silver Member

Post Number: 198
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 07:12 pm:
Current HDTV receivers support resolutions of 480i, 480p, 1080i, and 720p.

All old garbage, currently HDTV is 1080p. There is no broadcast at 1080p, still there is VOD, blue ray movies, play station 3 games at 1080p.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
if the HDTV is over 50", get a 1080p. If it's 50" or less, there will be no difference between 720p and 1080p, so either is fine.

In the United States, 1080p over-the-air broadcasts still do not exist as of 2011; all major networks use either 720p60 or 1080i60 encoded with MPEG-2. However, satellite services (e.g. DirecTV, XstreamHD, and Dish Network) utilize the 1080p/24-30 format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 encoding for pay-per-view movies that are downloaded in advance via satellite or on demand via broadband internet only. At this time, no pay service channel such as USA, HDNET, etc. nor premium movie channel such as HBO, etc., stream their services live to their distributors (MVPD) in this format because many MVPDs, especially DBS and cable, do not have sufficient bandwidth to provide the format streaming live to their subscribers without negatively impacting their current services and because of the high "cost" of using more bandwidth for one 1080p/24 channel than what would be used for a 1080i or even a 720p channel and for only those relatively few subscribers who have HDTV devices that can display 1080p/24 as not being an efficient use of their limited bandwidth.

While the formal output of the MPEG-2 decoding process from such stations is 1080i60, the actual content is coded as 1080p24 and can be viewed as such, using a process known as inverse telecine, since no information is lost even when the broadcaster (as opposed to the receiver) performs the 3:2 pulldown.[11]

Blu-ray Disc

Blu-ray Discs are able to hold 1080p HD content, and most movies released on Blu-ray Disc produce a full 1080p HD picture when the player is connected to a 1080p HDTV via an HDMI cable. The Blu-ray Disc video specification allows encoding of 1080p24, 1080i50 and 1080i60. Generally this type of video runs at up to 40 megabits per second, compared to the 3.5 megabits per second for conventional standard definition TV's[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p
Consumer televisions and projectors

As of 2011, most consumer televisions being sold provide 1080p inputs, mainly via HDMI, and supporting full high-def resolutions. Now 1080p resolution is available in all types of television, including plasma, LCD, DLP front and rear projection, and LCD projection.

For displaying film-based 1080i60 signals, a scheme called 3:2 pulldown reversal (reverse telecine) is beginning to appear in some newer 1080p displays, which can produce a true 1080p quality image from film-based 1080i60 programs.

The AV equipment manufacturing industry has adopted the term Full HD as the consumer-friendly marketing term to mean the set is a safe purchase because it can display all available HD resolutions up to 1080p. The term is misleading, however, because it does not guarantee the set is capable of rendering digital video at all frame rates encoded in source files with 1080 pixel vertical resolution. Most notably, a "Full HD" set is not guaranteed to support the 1080p24 format, leading to consumer confusion.[citation needed]

DigitalEurope (formerly EICTA) maintains the HD ready 1080p logo program that requires the certified TV sets to support 1080p24, 1080p50, and 1080p60, without overscan/underscan and picture distortion.

you need to do more home work subash

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hdtv

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
one of my TVs
55" 1080p LCD HDTV
Full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 native resolution)
4 ms response time
4 HDMI inputs, 1 PC input, 2 USB ports, 1 Ethernet port

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-55-1080p-120hz-lcd-hdtv-l n55c610-ln55c610n1fxzc/10141260.aspx

my receiver is a Bell HD Satellite Receiver (6131)

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_ON.HD-receiver/61065.details

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21231
The question asked by was
"Hi , What is a good and reliable high definition FTA box currenly being supported by NFPS"

The answer already given by Subash and King is:
I-link 9500

There is absolutely no need to talk about your Bell HD Satellite Receiver - 6131

Bronze Member
Username: Kent_island50

Post Number: 17
So you agree that the I-link 9500
is currenly being supported by NFPS"

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21234
The absolute truth is that the questioner was not asking about Bell HD Satellite Receiver - 6131.
The relative truth modified by time is that I-link 9500 WAS "currenly being supported by NFPS" at the time the statement was made by Subash and it was his statement - not mine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
nalin more was discust in this thread.. so get off you high horse and if you have nothing to contribute to the 1080p questions also part of this discusion .. get lost. or as you and subash say "BUTT OFF"

Username: Hutosoto

Post Number: 8
Other than totally disrupting this thread , what did Nydas contribute in her last 37 posts ?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21239
Question asked "what did Nydas contribute in her last 37 posts ?"

Question answered " On an average much less than the average of previous over 21 thousand posts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I disagree, I say about the same .

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21263
Atamsoii aka LK :

"what did Atamsoii aka LK contribute in her last 37 posts ?" "

Silver Member

Post Number: 758
Doreen
Silver Member

Post Number: 226
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 03:46 pm:
nalin more was discust in this thread.. so get off you high horse and if you have nothing to contribute to the 1080p questions also part of this discusion .. get lost. or as you and subash say "BUTT OFF"

Doreen:
Again you prove that you are an idiot. It was about 1080p/1080i of receivers and resolution and format of transmissons, not anything to do with the TV. so "BUTT OFF/BUTT OUT"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Comparing your and nydas 's posts today I see your both now using bold text and colours. I'm scared now . NOT

Nydas and subash are the same person.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21274
Atamsoii aka LK

I am using "now using bold text and colours. " It is not to scare you, because you are already scared and have been hiding behind a dozen different names.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Oh rly?

Silver Member

Post Number: 763
Atamsoii:
Even a moron can make out from writing style that nydas is entirely a different persons, not to mention the diffrence in opinion and discussions in other threads.

You being a total jack as*s you cannot comprehend, be scared and by all means s*hit in your pants

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Only you and Nydas think i'm Lk, gregraf and doreen. Who's the retard?

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
Great posts from selfmade intellectuals beautiful highly technical words formations
KEEP IT UP GUYS

"She stoops low to conquer"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
That's Nydas for ya.

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
I am posting C/P posts from above posts from different members all ENJOY before I enjoy my NHL game 6.My advance apologies if one gets offended

Dumb idiot,
Why my poor Shaft?
But for God's sake keep your comments about highly technical subjects or about your being a eunuch out of this forum, because it is irrelevant to us whether you are at the giving or the receiving end of your Gaay activity.

Q.E.D.
the number (dumb-azz) one

Your reply look idiot!

You win the useless answer of this thread!

THERE ARE MANY MORE BUT TIME IS TOO SHORT FOR C/P

IN ALL THE ABOVE POSTS THE #1 GOES TO
WhiskeySilver Member
Username: Ei_toro_the_great

Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 09:37 am:
nash h rizvi

Thanks for your business
come back soon if you have another question

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
USELESS THREAD

no one really cares about the past.

The name calling has to stop... the childish behavours has to stop

BY ALL including me

no one person here has proven anything that wasn't already done b4.

I for one am done discussing this BS.

END OF THREAD

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21277
The question asked by was
Q. "Hi , What is a good and reliable high definition FTA box currenly being supported by NFPS"

The answer already given by Subash and King is:
I-link 9500

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21278

Q. E. D.

Q. E. D.

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
I agree Nalin .

Everyone.......end this thread and all the BS archived history NOW