Panasonic Plasma TV Recommended

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 850
Stop putting money into these rear projection TV and get a Panasonic Plasma set. There are more threads on this site with problems for DLP,SXRD and LCD rear projection sets than any other subject. Look on the flat panel threads are there any Panasonic problems? NO. Get a Panasonic Plasma and cut your losses. Don't' get an LCD or an LED do your self a favor and get a Plasma. And no I don't work for any TV manufacturer

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2296
50" Panasonic S30 series is on order.

As for my soon-to-be EX SXRD, I'm going to liberate the light engine and ship off to a rebuilder. They'll give me 75$ or so.

THAN, the corpse gets hammered into a powder, boxed, and returned to Sony.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 851
Please if you are having problems with your rear projection TV stop wasting money on it and get a plasma.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P50X3-50-Inch-Plasma/dp/B004M8SBHK

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 857
Bump

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2308
New plasma arrived. S30 series Panasonic.
Now, I gotta tell 'ya, the blacks are terrific. But I'm having trouble getting shadow detail and I can't decide if I should leave the room light compansation 'on' or 'off'........
I'm scared to turn the 'brightness' up higher than 50 or 60.....which doesn't seem to help much anyway.

Any feelings on Spectracal?

Know of any successful settings I could try?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16163
Casey

There is so many problem with Panasonic plasma, why you promote it?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2327
Ok, Plym, I'll bite.
What problems?
How does that compare with other plasma sets?
Other sets aren't faultless, you know. I haven't seen an exclusive 'panasonic sucks' thread yet.....but some manufs have 'em.
Are you reff'ng the black level issue?

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 864
Tom Norton a video reviewer for Home Theater Mag has a Panasonic Plasma that he has been running for over a year and reports no problems with the black levels. If there was a problem with earlier sets it has been corrected in the last two model years.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 865
I have seen some good plasma pictures from Samsung but only on there more expensive models like the PN50C7000 2010 model but it list for $2000 and I have not seen the price come down very much from there. That is another reason why I prefer Panasonic which generally sell for less. I am trying to recommend to people an alternate to dumping more money into rear projection sets that have more threads on this site reporting problems than any other product.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2329
including Bose!

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 872
I am not trying to be mean spirited here but helpful.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2349
Casey, go to the audio section and browse around. The poor people with Bose have lots of problems. I won't even get into the sound wars, but just check out how many broken systems. Bose will do an exchange for many, but just try to get a schematic or some of those proprietary cables.
Not mean, pretty accurate.

And yes, I took your advice. My SXRD will be taken to parts and the light engine sold to a rebuilder. The set Sony sent me has been sold. The Panasonic Plasma? It makes me want to get a BR player.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 887
For all those having problems with rear projections this thread is for you.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2417
Costco has the 50" x3 panasonic for an UNbeatable price. Way down in the 600s.......

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 900
A friend asked me today about a bulb for a 5 year old Sony LCD. I told her not to waste money on that set and to get Panasonic Plasma TC-P50X3 and she would be better off.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 906
Plasma best bang for your buck

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2746
Well, Casey,
Doesn't look like you're getting a LOT of traction. Too Bad.

Sony recently had some sets CATCH FIRE. and went into denial mode again.
Even Consumer Reports, which while I don't trust 'em for some things, at least can compile statistics which I'll go with. A couple of the plasmas lead the reliability parade.

My ONLY glitch is that the set uses more power and while it saves on heat in the winter, dings the AirConditioning in summer.

My neighbor is limping along with an early SamSung DLP and wants a new panel, but I can't talk 'em into a Plasma.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 907
If you own a big Mitsubishi I understand trying to fix it. But older smaller sets should be replaced with a plasma set. Cheaper with a better picture than LCD/LED.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us