Vizio vw42lfhdtv10a black screen / no sound

Username: Skatermike21988

Post Number: 1
Ok so to start I have intermittent problems with my tv for about a year and a half or so. It started out with having a hard time starting up, screen would flicker for about 30 seconds then it would be good. Also occasionally the sound would completely cut out. I would have to power off the unit or change the channel/input on the tv to get it back. About 2 weeks ago while watching tv it finally went out. I spoke with someone who does tv repair and he said because of the flicker he believed it to be the inverter boards or capacitors to the inverter boards. So I opened the unit up and noticed both capacitors on both boards where leaking. I replaced them but to no luck. Did some further tests and checked the fuses on all the boards and they are good. Hooked up a surround sound unit to the audio out and tried to switch channels looking for sound but get nothing out of either the onboard or the surround sound. The vizio light illuminates from orange to white when on and back to orange when off via both the button and remote. I am beginning to think because of my prior issues with sound and now no audio period I think it's the mainboard but would like a second opinion before I dish out $100+ for a replacement. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us