Samsung HL-T6176S problem

Username: Jlbrpt

OK

Post Number: 1
I have inherited a Samsung DLP HL-T6176S from my father. It was purchased in late in 2007. About 2-3 months ago, it wouldn't turn on, and he replaced the lamp which fixed the problem. However, the problem has returned. According to my dad, the picture turned off but the sound was still going for a few minutes. He shut it off and the picture just wouldn't come on, and no audio from a TV broadcast either.

I tested it myself. It seems as though it is powering up normally. It beeps out the Samsung startup melody. But the picture never comes on. I do NOT experience the 3 light issue. It starts off with just the middle light for "lamp" and occasionally the left light which says "standby/temp" will come on, but not all the time. Also, when you shut it off, it seems to want to try to come back on.

I heard the relay click when turning the power on, I hear the color wheel spin up, but not much after that. I cannot tell if there is a click coming from the ballast, but I don't recall hearing one.

I have not heard any high-pitched whine or grinding noise indicating a color wheel issue. Since the lamp was replaced only 2-3 months ago, would it need a new lamp already? Could this be a cooling fan issue, lamp ballast issue, color wheel, or some other problem? Do I need to provide more information?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Username: Zobeii77

Pakistan

Post Number: 2
Hiya,
You just need to checkout your lamp driver, and even check whether the fan is working well or not.

thnks..!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us