JVC bulb replacement

Username: Tamadrmr

Post Number: 1
I guess I consider myself quite lucky with my JVC D-ila TV. I've had it for over 5 years and I am just now getting around to replacing the bulb. It's not blown but I figured I would go ahead and get a new one. Been getting the message to replace for a few months. It's been a real good TV.

However, now since I have replaced the bulb with a new Philips replacement I can see that the screen looks different. On the right side there is a slight blue/purple color. From the very center and moving to the left side of the screen it looks more normal looking. It shows up obvious when my Blu-ray is showing it's screen saver (black background with floating pioneer logo).

So I have read a lot of things on the forum about issues and it sort of sounds like it could be the light engine giving out.

The weird thing to me is that if I put my old bulb back in then this issue goes away and the color is uniform, no blue/purple color.

So would my old bulb which is getting dull just be covering up a light engine issue since it's not as bright as the new bulb? Maybe a defective bulb?

thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15796
Welcome to eCoustics tamadrmr!

Is the Phillips lamp is what was recommended in your users manual?

I know that for few rear TV projectiont you can set the brand of the lamp, check in your user manual to see if it is the case!

Post Number: 2
Hello and thanks.

I got a replacement based on the part number. It wasn't directly from JVC but it seems to be the common replacement part.

There is no lamp setting so I can't try that, good idea though.
I attached a picture of what I'm seeing. Maybe someone will recognize this.

The problem is only really noticeable on dark scenes. Watching shows for the most part is ok but it is annoying with dark scenes for sure.

thanks again.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 228
I'm guessing that the bulb is imperfect (surface or bulb itself). A very small imperfection there can translate to a big imperfection when magnified.

Post Number: 3
I wish it was but I can't find anything wrong with it. Actually I got another bulb and it does the same thing. This one was directly from JVC. It's not quite as bad though.
I cleaned my light engine out real good, took the screen off and cleaned the mirror and the inside of the screen and still no luck. So it must be something I'm going to be stuck with.

It's not unwatchable but can be annoying at times.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us