VCR 2 VCR Copying Question

Paul Smith
I recently purchased a new VCR/DVD combo. However whenever i try to copy i get fading brightness in and out on the copyed tape. I've heard if i set up my vcr using an RF adapter and connecting it where my cable would normally be connected, that this problem would go away, is this true?

Username: Gasgiant

Post Number: 3
Mr. Smith:
What's happening is that you're encountering copy protection. I've heard that some systems will do that, but the manufacturers got wise to it, so they're cracking down on that.
I will tell you that some digital video editors, such as Premiere, can copy DVD material, and you could then archive that back to VHS tape.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to copy vcr to vcr. I have one as the player and one as the recorder. I have the player terminals going out to the in terminals on the recorder vcr. Both machines are on channel 3.The playng vcr is hooked to the t.v. so I can view what I am recording. But I am not getting a recorded tape. What am I doing wrong? I have tested both vcr as far as recording off the t.v. and they are fine. I just can't get them to record vcr to vcr.
Please help!

Unregistered guest
Cheryl D.,

You need to set the VCR that the in terminals are going into or in other words that VCR that is doing the recording to Input Line 1 or 2 depending on how many inputs you have on your VCR.

I hope this helps. Please e-mail me if you need more help or information.

Jimmy Jam

sue a
Unregistered guest
I need to copy a vcr video. I have two vcrs. Can you tell me how I should hook up the two videos?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 127
Use RCA jacks and hook from the play VCR out to the record VCR in, then set the record VCR to line. If it is a prerecorded tape you will probably need a stabilizer.

Unregistered guest
I have two VCR's and I camcorder a project now would like to copy it to a VHS tape with 2 VCR's how would I do so? I have a terminal cord with a red and white ends on both sides.

Is that all I need? Which goes in to Audio and out?

Anthony

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
It doesn't matter which color goes where as long as it is the same on both VCRs. Connect the jacks from the play VCR out to the record VCR in, making sure that the same color is used for video on both VCRs, same with audio. If they are stereo VCRs then you need 3 jacks, if not then the two will work. After they are connected you will have to set the record VCR on line.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to dub a VHF casette tape and I am using VCR to VRC to copy the orginal tape. It works, however the picture is terrible and goes in and out of clarity. I heard someting about this being a tracking problem between the two VRC's. If anyone knows of a better solution, please let me know. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
If it's a prerecorded tape it's the copyguard on the tape. You need a stabilizer. Look in threads here on copying DVDs or videotapes, you will find what you need.

Unregistered guest
I want to play video on my digital video camera and record it onto 2 VCRs at the same time. How do I do it. Please help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
You can't really do that without buying fairly expensive equipment. Splitting the signal is going to give picture problems. The best thing to do is just record twice.

dylan fondry
Unregistered guest
I am trying to record from VHS to VHS. I have the VCRs and understand that I need to set the one doing the recording to "line". I do not know how to do this. Is it done through the menu on the VCR or is it a switch in the back? Thank you for your help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
It's not the same on every VCR. There's usually an input button on the remote or the VCR itself.

Unregistered guest
i have a new digital camcorder. i'm trying to record to a vhs tape, problem is i must be connecting something wrong as Vhs tape shows nothing/blank. Can you please help?? Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
Connect the RCA cables from the camcorder to the VCR in, then change the input on the VCR to line. If the VCR is connected to a TV you should see what's playing on the camcorder on the TV if it's hooked up right.

Username: Tinkergirl

Post Number: 1
I've hooked two vcr's to copy a pre-recorded tape but the recorded tape shows an image that flux's from bright to dark images. What's a stablizer and will it help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 282
It's a box that you put between the 2 VCRs, and yes it will get rid of the problems.

matt ward
Unregistered guest
How do you go from vcr out to tv to vcr record when you can only select input 1,2 or 3? You can only go into the tv, not back out.
And I can't find anything on this "line" business. It's in the vcr menu? thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
You don't go from VCR to TV to VCR, you go from VCR to VCR to TV. Some older VCRs automaticly switch to line when RCA jacks are connected, most have a button on the remote that says input or auxilary.

adam mileski
Unregistered guest
I am trying to copy vcr to vcr. I have one as the player and one as the recorder. I have the player terminals going out to the in terminals on the recorder vcr. The playng vcr is hooked to the t.v. so I can view what I am recording. The recording vcr is on "line 2". I am using a regular tape to play, and a pre-recorded tape to record on, and im getting no picture. do I need a stabilizer to fix the problem? Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
Are the jacks on line 2? The record VCR should be hooked to the TV not the player, then when you see a picture on the TV you are ready to record.

adam mileski
Unregistered guest
Wow, thanks so much, you were totally right. your pretty good! thanks again.

Unregistered guest
i am trying to copy tapes. I have 2 VCRs. TV, sat receiver, and Tivo

I have a coaxial cable from the tv labeled vhf/uhf to the playing VCR to TV out
I have RWY cables going from TV in to recording VCR out

Playing VCR RWY cables out to recording VCR line 1

The playing VCR will play and show a pic on the tv, but the recording VCR will not. Where have I gone wrong. I accomplished this task a few weeks ago but after spending three hours trying to reconnect everything, including sat receiver and Tivo, I no longer remember what goes where Help, please,

Silver Member

Post Number: 407
Is the record VCR set to line 1 and not tuner? If the cables are hooked from the record VCR to the TV then that is right, now the TV needs to be set to whatever input the record VCR cables are hooked to. Then when you see a picture on the TV you are ready to record.

Unregistered guest
take your pants off and stick your left cheek intothe cassette opening. Eat some beans and blast some fresh air into the spinny wheel thingys.

Unregistered guest
WHEN I RECORD VCR TO VCR I GET A BGOOD PICTURE ON THE RECORD TAPE BUT NO SOUND . PLEASE ADVISE

Silver Member

Post Number: 485
How are they connected?

Username: Khurram

LondonUK

HOW TO COPY FILM ONE VCR TO ANOTHER VCR USING SCARET LEAD?

Username: Khurram

LondonUK

Post Number: 2
HOW TO COPY FILM ONE VCR TO ANOTHER VCR USING SCART LEAD?

Unregistered guest
I can not record a show from TV on my vcr. When I play it back I get garbage. What am I doing wrong?

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
Need some info on how it's hooked up and what the source is.

Username: Fordtruck

Orange, Texas USA

I am trying to copy a DVR recording to VHS tape using the audio/video outputs from the DVR to the audio/video inputs on the VCR but when I activate the copy function on the DVR and the record function on the VHS it copies whatever is on the TV screen rather than the DVR program selected.

Unregistered guest
I am not electronic at all, how do I set up 2 vcr's to tape from one, they are the same brand so I just need to know what to do, thanks

Unregistered guest
I want to copy some vcr onto DVD I have a pc dvd and a standalone dvd which software can I use to do the job.

Username: J66

Greece

Hi, i have two VCR's both philips, the one is
VR 720/02 (which is connected with SCART cable to the TV) and the other vcr is the VR330/02
i bought and used another SCART cable to connect the two vcrs. i put the blank tape to the one which is connected to the tv and the original in the other vcr. i can copy amateur tapes fine but when trying to copy an original VHS tape (specifically it was a music tape from a band)
i got a vhs copy with brightness fading in and out and changing from colour to black/white occasionally. is this because of copy protection ? is there anyway i can to overcome that problem so all my copies are ok?

thank you in advance for your assistance
Jason
Greece

Unregistered guest
i wish to copy some home videos to dvd - can anyone please help

Unregistered guest
HELP! Copying VCR TO VCR. The TV and both VCR's are Toshiba's. I have it hooked up from VCR to VCR then to TV. I don't have a stabilizer and I can't find line anywhere. Help a teacher out please!

Silver Member

Post Number: 572
You don't say how anything is connected. Run RCA jacks from the play VCR out to the record VCR in. Hook the TV to the record VCR. When you see a picture you're ready to record. Somewhere on the remote or VCR there should be an input button to change the record VCR to line.

N
Unregistered guest
Hi

I have a TV / VCR connected and they work fine. I can select different channels on VCR and they all appear fine. I connected camcorder / TV / VCR using a 4-way Scart box and can see on TV whatever is played on Camcorder but can't record it on VCR tap. Will appreciate any advice.

Username: Pappyon

When I try to copy a tape from a Toshiba VCR to a NEC vcr and vice versa I get a picture but no sound. I have checked the scart cable connections and they are ok.

I never had any trouble copying from a NEC vcr to another NEC, why am I having trouble with sound now?

EM
Unregistered guest
How do i set up two vcrs to one tv so I can record two different shows at one time or is that not even possible?

Username: Porkrind276

I have an old rca model vr502 vcr that I am trying to use as my "record" vcr. I have everything hooked up right, even the digital stabilizer box. I have long since lost the owners manual and am puzzled as to how to put it on "line in". I see "input" on the remote but can't tell if it changed or not and so far it won't record from the "player" vcr. Ideas?

Username: Porkrind276

Okay, I am totally confused now. My "player" is a sanyo dvd/vcr combo. My "recorder" is an old rca 4 head vcr. I also have a digital stabilizer box. The "recorder" is hooked to the tv. The "player" is on L1. Video/Audio is set to output on "player" and input for "recorder". I still can't get a picture to record. Where have I gone wrong?

Unregistered guest
any way to trick the VCR into thinking a pre-recorded tape has the "tab" in it so it can be copied??
thank you,
Laurie

Unregistered guest
hi
i have a dvd/vcr player, i connected it to another vcr to copy the dvd, everything is good but the colors goes from color to black and white. you said that there is a box to put between both vcr's. what is that box, is it a normal box? please help me, thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 632
You need a digital video stabilizer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 633
wotgo, you can put tape over the tab opening. Recording over prerecorded tapes doesn't work very good.

Unregistered guest
How do I record from VCR to VCR? I don't know how to put it on line and I don't know what a RCA Jack is. What is it?

Steefony
Unregistered guest
I want to record a show with my vcr/dvd combo. I want to record with vhs, and I thought my connections were fine becuase I can watch a vhs through the "AV" button. But when I record a show, and then try to play it back, I get static. I have the vcr on line 1, but I have no idea what that means, and if I need my tv set to a certain channel.

Unregistered guest
How does one record vcr to vcr but also have a cable connection from a wall to the tv? I don't understand how that coaxial cable plays into all of this. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 732
You connect the 2 VCRs with RCA jacks and set the record VCR to line. The cable connection isn't a part of it.

KempoMRK
Unregistered guest
Watching Whilst Copying

I need help with this. I want to watch what I'm copying, preferably on the tape I'm copying from.

My setup is like this:

TV

VCR Connected to the TV (With the recording tape)

Scart Lead between them connecting them both.

VCR not connected to the TV (With the playing tape)

I got told to connect an RF lead from the playback VCR to the TV, yet both VCR's I have use this RF lead:

http://www.vintagecomputer.co.uk/vcShop/ProdImages/LK1723_LG.jpg

Where as the TV uses an RF lead with 4 tiny pins and a black pin at the bottom in the centre. Is there an adaptor I could get so the RF lead would work in my TV? Or is there any other way?

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help, would be much appreciated.

alecks
Unregistered guest
I know I need a stabilizer to record from vcr to vcr, but where can I GET a stabilizer? I have been looking on the web and I am obviously not looking in the right places. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
http://mcm.newark.com/NewarkWebCommerce/mcm/en_US/endecaSearch/searchPage2.jsp?x =22&Ntt=digital+video+stabilizer&Nty=1&N=4&y=8&Ntk=gensearch

Unregistered guest
What r threads? Because I'm trying to copy a prerecorded tape on 2 VCRs. Where do I find a stabelizer or whatever it is I need??? R they expensive?

Username: Phdbmiller

Hi,

Ok, I understand that you have 1 vcr as out (play) and 1 as in (record)....but what is a "Line" on the record vcr and how do I set the record vcr as the "line"? Thanks!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1421
If there isn't an input button on the remote, go through the channels till you get to line.

David,

Thanks for the reply. The fact is, I have not a CLUE what the "line" is????

Beth

Gold Member

Post Number: 1422
Line is the RCA inputs.

Post Number: 3
David,

Thanks for trying to help. I am still lost lol Do I go through the channels on my tv to find a "line"?

Beth

Gold Member

Post Number: 1426
VCR, not TV. Connect the play VCR out RCAs to the record VCR in RCAs, then set the record VCR to line. If there isn't an input button on the remote, line will be below channel 2 or above the highest channel. The display should say L1.

Jacques P.
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to hook up 2 VCRs to 1 TV and record 2 different shows at the same time while watching a third show? If so, how is this done?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1522
Depends on what you are recording from. Satellite, no, antenna/cable, yes. Split the incoming cable/antenna signal to both VCRs, then use an A/B switch on the output of the VCRs. To watch something else while recording,TV/VCR on the VCR.

rimako
Unregistered guest
Hi, I`m trying to record a "restricted" V.H.S tape onto my H.D.D./D.V.D. combo, - is there some way to overide the "lockout" please?
thank you!

Anonymous

I Have a T.V. with the vcr in it and I have a vcr player . I would like to make copies of family movies that are on video tape . How do I go about this?

Unregistered guest
I am trying to copy from a NEC TV model PF 51T32 to a VCR.
The TV instruction book is useless.
Can you he3lp

judith123
Unregistered guest
i have 2 vcr's hooked up and i am trying to record but i hear sound but no picture.one to the cable t.v is record,the other is play.

judith123
Unregistered guest
i have 2 vcr's hooked up and i am trying to record but i hear sound but no picture.one to the cable t.v is record,the other is play.

judith123
Unregistered guest

Gold Member

Post Number: 1694
Connect the 2 with RCA cables and set the record VCR to line.

Unregistered guest
Hi,
My name is khoder where can i buy a stabilizer from i am living in melbourne????

Username: Kencougars08

David, you're like the answer man around here man. anyways, what is an rca cable? is it the one that has a little copper(or whatever it is) wire in the middle of it? like the antenna one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1720
RCA cables are what connect a CD player or tape deck.

reema
Unregistered guest
There are three out colored jacks at the back of a vcr and one in and out terminal. I have connected out color jack of a playing vcr to in color of recorded vcr. and out terminal of a playing vcr to in of recorded vcr. and hooked out of recored vcr to tv. The movie is playing .
when I press record button on recorded vcr the cassett is coming out.
I don't understand what is the problem.
please help me.
and what kind of wire should i use to connected from out terminal of playing vcr to in terminal of recorded vcr.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1748
Is the tab on the back of the tape broken out?

khOdeR
Unregistered guest
omgh u never answrered my question???? were do i get a stabilizer from masn???

Anonymous

I am just bored, how are you? For fun, I jumprope with RCA cables, any input?

flz
Unregistered guest
My VCR worked last night, but suddenly it can't play any VHS tape today. after I put the tape into the VCR, the tv screen looks fine, as soon as I hit PLAY button on the VCR, the TV screen becomes snow flaks, after I hit STOP button on VCR, the snow flakes are gone and the TV screen turns to blue again. Is it mean that my VCR is dead? Thank you very much!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1931
If you get audio and no video, it usually needs cleaned.

sara31
Unregistered guest
i am recording vcr to vcr. the picture quality fades in and out once the second vcr is turned on. how can i fix this?

sara31
Unregistered guest
i am recording vcr to vcr. the picture quality fades in and out once the second vcr is turned on. how can i fix this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2052
Copy protection on the tapes, you need a stabilizer.

Username: Skgnelson

Green BAy, Wisconsin USA

Please can you guide me in how to record- could you please explain step by step I'm not very good on cables or equipments.
Iam trying to copy vcr to vcr. I have one as the player and one as the recorder. The player (symphonic SL240c)has in the back AUDIO(white)in and out)VIDEO(yellow)in and out) ANT(IN)(OUT)--on the front VIDEO(yellow) and AUDIO(WHITE)--
The Recorder-(Sanyo VWM-950) in the back AUDIO(2 white 2 red)IN and OUT--- VIDEO(yellow - IN and OUT) ANT (IN and OUT)on the front has AV INPUT 9 VIDEO) (yellow) and L-AUDIO-R (White and red)
skgnelson@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Just wanted to say thank you to Jimmy Jam
for helping with the dubbing with two vcr's. I was able to get mine working simply with your help and I appreciate this a ton. :-) Thanks again. Jeannine

Username: Vanguy21

I'm trying to copy from vcr to vcr while viewing on tv. I have one vcr (orion)hooked up to the tv like normal. I have another vcr (zenith) for copying. I do have the red/white/yellow audio/video patch cord. How should I go about copying while viewing on tv? The orion is hooked up to tv and is plugged into back of tv, but tv also has the audio/video jacks in the front. I hooked up the second vcr(zenith) with audio/video going out to jacks in front of tv and played the tape. Got an image, but the orion won't record that image. Just got a black screen when played back. The tv vcr(orion) has a tv-catv switch, and ch3-ch4 switch. The second vcr (zenith)has an ac outlet switched-unswitched, and a ch3-ch4-off switch. Can you tell me how to go about this? Thanks. Stephen

Gold Member

Post Number: 2438
Connect RCAs from the play VCR out to the record VCR in, then set the record VCR to line. If there isn't an input button on the remote, go through the channels until you get to line. Connect the record VCR to the TV with RCAs or coax. If you are trying to copy a retail tape, you're probably going to have copy protection problems. VHS to VHS looks pretty bad, if you want to make decent copies of VHS, get a DVD recorder.

Username: Gabsmom

Iam trying to copy vcr to vcr. I have one as the player and one as the recorder. The player (symphonic SE426D)has in the back AUDIO(white)in and out)VIDEO(yellow)in and out) ANT(IN)(OUT)--on the front VIDEO(yellow) and AUDIO(WHITE)--
The Recorder-(Sanyo VWM-275) in the back AUDIO(2 white)IN and OUT--- VIDEO(yellow - IN and OUT) ANT (IN and OUT)on the front has AV INPUT VIDEO) (yellow) and L-AUDIO-R (White) Can you please tell me step by step how to record? What are RCA's and do I need to buy anything else to make this thing happen?

Username: Bizylizzie

Dinosaur needs help here please - I like VCRs and dont want to go over to recordable DVDs or Tivo .

My Problem is, my old Panasonic VCR is slowly dying so I bought a new one but cannot get it to auto tune with the TV to get a decent picture - the old one is 100percent clear. Tried to do it manually but no good either (and I no longer have the instruction manual for my TV ). I wanted to tape accross a lot of my old tapes onto new ones but its no good if the picture quality I am getting is poor.
Can anyone help please in the fine tuning of the VCR? Appreciate anyones help - in laymans terms please not the high tech stuff! Thanks .

Username: Truth_seeker5

Need Help with VCR to VCR recording. I did it once when a techno geek friend of mine very graciously showed me how to do it. Now I have the red/white/yellow cables going out hooked up to both VCRs correctly. I've tried copying the tape but when I pop in the recording tape to see if it works, I can see something was recorded but it wasn't what was on the tape. It came out to be a black and white haze. Does anyone have any ideas?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2856
Set the record VCR to line.

Username: Curc

HI, i am recording from vcr to vcr and have the two hooked up properly. I did however want to know if there is some way i could add music to the tape which i am copying to so that rather than the original sound from the original tape, i will get simply the picture but with my own incorporated audio.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2883
Connect the audio cables to whatever you want to record from.

Username: Justin1885

i want to record a vhs tape to a dvd. i have a vhs/dvd recorder combo which I will use to record the vhs tape straight to a dvd. I just want to understand if this is the correct setup for this procedure.

1.run the cable line from the wall to the Ant-In on the recorder (vhs/dvd combo)
2.run the cable line from the Ant-Out on the recorder to the tv
3.run rca jacks from the recorder from in to the play vcr to out
4.set the recording vcr to line with the tv on channel 3

but i have 2 questions about this.
1. i dont fully understand how this works so i am wondering how you can record something from the playing vcr that is not hooked up the tv. doesnt the recorder record what is on the tv. and there wont be anything because the playing vcr is not even hooked up to the tv the recorder is. please explain how this works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us