Mitsubishi ws 55513

Stuart Patterson
Does anyone have any experience with the GOld series 55 inch from Mitsubishi. Was looking at purchasing one very soon and would like other opinions. Thanks

Anonymous

I hope that you havent purchased this televison yet. I have the exact television and within one year's time i have replaced it once already because of 'image burn' and now its happening again...but unfortunately the waranty does not cover image burn and you will be stuck with havign to repair it out of pocket. I was lucky that i had a chance to get it repalced by sears teh first time around but it happened again, but now there si nothing i can do about it. Search for reviews on projection TV's and how easy it is to ruin them before you go and buy one. goodluck

Username: Victx1955

Post Number: 1
I also have had big screen trouble.

Bought a MITSU 55511 (Platinum series) recently and added Dish Network right after that. DVDs look great but the regular channels "shimmer" -- especially shows up when watching sports. Tight shots look good, but long shots seem to quickly focus in and out.

Today, I read many of the related posts found here and upgraded cabling to ensure everything is rigged "right". Someone said no S-cable for the connection from the receiver to the big screen. I do use S-cable from DVD to the big screen.

Options appear to be call the store or call Dish Network. I am open to suggestions for settings on the TV or on the satellite hookup, but it's getting old.

Thanks.

Username: Raikman1

Post Number: 3
If you have the proper outputs on your receiver, you should get better success using component video cables, and even better PQ with DVI connections.

I have a Mitsu 73713 and have the High-Def Dish Network receiver (811?) hooked directly to the TV using the DVI cable, and my Denon AVR 3803 (which switches a DVD player, DVD recorder, VCR, laserdisk and cable) is hooked up via a component video cable.

You have to go into that inane NetCommand thing when you switch inputs, but after you get it set up it is three clicks of the remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us