What is broken screen Samsung 50-Inch 1080p Plasma TV worth?

Username: Gogabe4

Port Hueneme, CA US

Post Number: 1
I purchased this television 5 months ago and my toddler son threw a toy at it cracking the screen. It immediately turned off and never torned on again. I know the cost of repair is about the price I purchased it. I would like to sell it for parts. How much is it worth for spare parts?

Username: Av_forum

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
To a shop or company that can use the boards quickly, about $50 or thereabouts. If they actually need one of the boards for a current repair you may be able to get a little more, but remember they have to make a profit on their repair, so they will offer very little. If you don't mind hanging on to it and posting it on ebay or another site like it, you will get more for it, but it will probably take forever to sell it off that way, and you will have to deal with the numerous dishonest people out there that will try everything to scam you out of payment. There is also the problem of people who get the board from you, install it, find out it's not the problem and then want to send it back and get their money back, (and then send you back their defective board swearing it's the one you sent them).
I'd just sell it locally to a servicer if they even want it.

Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us